What’s harder | pad patter 5.25.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 25, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

What’s harder for you to say?
    A. I’m sorry
    B. I need help
    C. I love you

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

B
    I have a hard time asking for help because I like things done my way.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

B for me too! Not because I'm worried about the way it's done, I just never want to bother anyone lol

4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

B — I don't like to ask for help for starters and I'm picky about how I want things done.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Asking for help here, too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Same with me, B.. I have a hard time asking for help because of this script that I've adopted from past experiences, where sometimes when I asked for help, the person would feel annoyed and shame me for needing help and tell me to do it myself. So I associate it with a negative response. I'm currently healing from this, but it's still challenging for me to seek help when I need it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... I do them all a lot... but I guess B would also be my issue. If it's not done right, I would end up fixing, directing or just altogether not asking.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Absolutely "I Need Help". I have always been one who can apologize and see my decisions or actions that hurt people, and I grew up in a very lovey-dovey huggy type family, so "I love you" is not difficult. However, asking for help has always been difficult for me. I never want to inconvenience anyone!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Probably B for me, too. Often the things I'd like help with are things I feel like I should be able to do/find time for on my own, so asking feels like a failure on my part as well as an imposition. But that asking for help hangup only seems to apply to family stuff (including needing someone to watch my kids) and household stuff. I'm much more willing to ask for help at work.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

B. I need help

I think it's a cultural thing, we seem to grow up with the idea that we shouldn't need help, and need to become fully independent.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Me to on the needing help. But I do ask eventually,it just takes me a while..

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

If I had to choose it would be B. While I have no problems asking for help (simply because I'm getting tired of doing everything around the house by myself!) I will watch what's being done so it'll get done correctly!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

All of them at times but probably saying “I love you”. To be honest I don’t know why that is.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Asking for help for sure. I am such an independent person, I hate having to ask anyone to help me with anything. I think it got worse during the years I was a single mom and having to do everything on my own. Plus, I do tend to like things done my way and have been bad about getting annoyed when it's done differently. I'm working on that one lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have no problem saying I'm sorry or saying I love you. Well, SOMETIMES I'll postpone an apology until I have all my words together, but I'm not violently opposed to saying it.

My answer is definitely B. Even with my chronic pain, I'll do things because I don't want to ask OR I'll ignore other things that need to be done that I can't do without causing a lot of pain simply because I don't want to ask for help. WHY IS THAT?

keepscrappin and rach3975 like this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

B. Asking for help.

I probably say sorry multiple times a day and Love you at least once to hubby.
    He proclaims it so often it gets on my nerves at times.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

B for me too, and while I can ask for help, I too do not want to bother anyone. If I really need help like opening something as my hands are not the best, I have no issues with that, but generally B would be it for me.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm probably an all of the above type person. I'm the WORST at apologizing after disagreements with my husband. I think it's because my parents never would admit they were wrong about anything either... they still don't. :eyeroll I'm definitely getting better at asking for help after YEARS of never asking for help and then getting mad when I'm burnt out (but never asked for help).

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

So, so, so, so, so B.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Ok I’ve had plenty of practice with “I’m sorry” so I got that one down. B is especially hard because it is hard to admit that we can’t do it all. C, well, when you grow up in a dysfunctional family, it is really hard to say because letting someone close opens you up for disappointment and pain. I say it but it is hard sometimes.

keepscrappin likes this.