Summer Vacation Plans??

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, May 25, 2021.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

No plans here.
    vaccinations are rolling out so slowly and there is talk of a third wave and lockdowns being re-instated, so we will wait and see and take each day at a time.

2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We are moving & buying a house and I had to take a lot of time off in February after being diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms so we don't have anything planned for this summer beyond our normal staycation-type of activities e.g. the petting zoo & feeding safari that's about 45 minutes from here, the beach that's about 30 minutes from here, etc. I'm so excited to have a place big enough to have people over (with a huuuuuge backyard) that my focus will be on having (vaccinated) get-togethers vs. going someplace else.

My PTO starts over in September (and I think I can carry a few days over) so we have plans to go to Florida for a long weekend over the kids' fall break with our vouchers from our cancelled Disney World trip (sob). I'm also planning on flying out to Colorado & seeing my bestie in February 2022 to celebrate our birthdays; I haven't seen her since 2015 so we are way overdue for a date!

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm actually on vacation right now! We always spend a week at New Smyrna Beach. My in-laws live there and so we rent a house. So far we've spent two days at the beach and today some of us went to the Space Center with Nana and then my older girls went to Universal Studios with their Aunt and Uncle. Tomorrow we'll go to the beach again. Saturday and Sunday we'll just be visiting family in Central FL.

We don't usually do theme parks when we come down here but the Aunt and Uncle really wanted to take the girl to Universal and we've always wanted to take our boys to the Space Center. My oldest boy wants to be an aerospace engineer. With this last year of not really being able to do anything we decided we should probably do things while we can. We had such a wonderful day. So many memories made.

bestcee, Donitab and Memaw2Wm like this.
  4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

We are headed to San Diego in July! All my husbands family will be going and we'll rent a big beach house. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon 18 years ago and we haven't been back since, so I'm really excited. We also have a couple camping trips planned, one with my family close to home and one over Labor Day weekend in the Tetons.

5. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

We have a road trip to Mt. Rushmore June 5 with a quick Rockies game in Denver on the way. We are going with friends who went with us on our Alaskan Cruise 7 years ago. We always have fun together. Then at the end of June, the whole family is headed to California to see my son. We will do beach and game day and who knows what else. I NEED a vacation! Be safe everyone!

6. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

It looks like out-of-staters can start after June 15th. I found this on their website! A484AB2D-5B52-4470-A5F8-97B994507A5A.jpeg

tkradtke likes this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We are sooo excited!!! The announcement was Wednesday just right as we stopped for lunch. We booked our trip right there in the parking lot! We fly out July 4th!!

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

what a beautiful idea and reason to travel

as someone that doesn't love winter, just looking forward to summer is my plan (and living vicariously thru the gallery, of course)

bestcee likes this.
  9. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I was supposed to go on a cruise in August but we cancelled back in January. Borders are still closed and Ontario still in lockdown. They just announced schools will be virtual for remainder of school year and things are supposed to enter phase 1 of opening mid-June.

Phase 1 is outdoor gatherings of 10 people, outdoor dining 4 people per table, essential retail capacity 25%, non-essential retail 15%, pools, splash pads, day camps and campgrounds to open.

In other words, no plans.

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

none ... :( We go live at the hospital with a new EMR late July ... so now until then ... and then a good month or two after Go Live will be insane. I will be lucky to sneak in a few long weekends.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@jenn mccabe Good luck! Rolling out new programs sucks. I hope yours goes as smoothly as possible!!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. bestcee

This is no longer up in the air. LOL! It's happening this month, and to make it interesting - we are taking a train instead of flying.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Thanks Courtney!!!!

bestcee likes this.
  14. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

We have no summer vacation plans at all this year, instead we have spent the last few weeks working on the garden. It's my husbands 40th birthday this month, and my 40th is next month so hoping to have garden party.

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee