What are your May scrapping goals?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 8, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Being a Guest Polly is amazing motivation to scrap. :byay And let us know how you're doing on those projects, too!

All my mom's albums were magnetic, so for her birthdays I'd transfer them into CM albums. She had a TON. But it got done and I was thrilled to save them from those horrid albums. I think only a few photos were damaged that were so stuck, but I was able to save enough to scan and use them that way. Good luck getting it done, and let us know if you need some cheerleading along the way! :cheer
    That's good motivation if there ever was any!
    Good for getting your garden work done since there's a small window to get things accomplished. And how fun to be working on a Disneyland album!!! That would cheer me up right there!
    Ha! I don't set goals, but that is also why I literally have 15(!) incomplete albums! I simply need to get some done for my sanity sake before I start something new. But I'm VERY close to getting my Summer 2014 album done - just one more page then on to proofing it all. :circles

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I need to start and complete my 2013 Disneyland album. I've started the darn thing a couple of times, then decided that I don't like the format, so I now have new "scraplifted" idea. But first I decided that I needed to organized my Project Mouse digi-content. It's a royal mess. So I bought a new EHD and am copying my PM stuff from her/there/everywhere to there. I set up folders on Sunday, now I need to move files to the right folders, delete any duplicates and find any missing files.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@Memaw2Wm So, since I have the same Disney problem, how are you organizing your PM content? I have them just in their bundles.

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Good question for its own post Courtney ;)

bestcee likes this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I started a graduation for my daughter last summer. I just worked on a page this weekend after not working on it in a LONG time. So, now I really want to finish it up. I don't know that I'll get it done in May but I think it will be my summer goal.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

I have mine organized by bundles. There are so many items in each collection that I couldn’t imagine how to do it differently. But Yay for working on a Disney album!!!
    That sounds like a great goal!

bestcee likes this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

By bundles, although I'm going to break them down into the individual kits ...

Project Mouse (Galaxy) cards
    Project Mouse (Galaxy) elements
    Project Mouse (Galaxy) papers
    Project Mouse (Galaxy) word art

and so forth. I did notice last night on Britt's livestream that she has all of her artsy and pin kits as subfolders under a "artsy and pin" folder.

Part of my problem is that with the first kits I just unzipped the files and all of the elements, cards, papers are jumbled together, so I want to separate them into individual files again. Who know Krista and Britt would still be making PM stuff 8 years later!

For my DL album, I'll be using the same elements over and over, so I plan on copying those items into a separate file so they will be easy to grab. Again, lifting the idea from the scrapper whose album style I'm lifting.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  8. bestcee

See, all mine are in the same folder. I have considered pulling the cards out, but I kinda like them in the kit. Probably the way I scrap though!

9. bestcee

Do you have Beginnings? That kit screams Disneyland! Also, I've done the put in it's own folder. Copying is the way to go! That way, if you delete it, it's totally okay and the originals are safe.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

My plan for this month is to finish my 2018 album. I'm working on November right now, but December is always a stumbling block for me. So much happens in December!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We are (hopefully!) closing on & moving into our new house in three weeks so I'm not doing all that much scrapping this month. :)

I am ruminating on some scrap-related decisions, however:

(01) I have created at least 30 COVID-themed layouts with several more that are indirectly related to COVID/quarantine/social distancing that I have planned all along to print as a separate album. I am trying to decide if my COVID album should end with receiving the vaccinations or if I should wait until the end of the summer/beginning of the fall in case something else comes up. If I include my daughter receiving her vaccinations as well that would automatically mean the album wouldn't end until September of this year since she doesn't turn 12 until August. While I don't plan on putting every COVID layout in my regular chronological album, I do intend on putting some in so I need to decide which are essential for understanding what happens in our 2020 family album and which are just "extra" explanation.

(02) While we are only moving 20 minutes from where we currently live, this move is not just a new house but also the first house we've owned, new schools/neighborhoods/friends for the kids, a relatively new job for me, and officially being a single mom/family of three. While I normally create enough layouts for more than one volume when I print the year, I'm wondering if I should lump the first half of 2021 in with 2020 and print it with the same cover and then print the last half of 2021 separately with a different cover.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Got 2 more pages done for Wales 2019
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom and Memaw2Wm like this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Actually, I'm mostly going to use Vibes, along with some "doodles" from Katie Pertiet. The album I'm "lifting" from was started in Project Life using the Editorial templates, then lightly embellished in another program. I use Artisan, so I've made my own templates. I just need/want to get PM organized, then decide which photos I want to use, then ... :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

To be honest, I’ve really not been inspired to scrap this past month. If I can actually finish more than ten pages this month, I’ll be pretty happy.

QuiltyMom and Angela Toucan like this.
  15. QuiltyMom

Sorry I'm so late responding to everyone. I've been having some back issues that have been aggravating the muscles in my right sholder/arm so that it's been painful to sit at the computer for long periods of time. I have therapy every Wednesday and some days are better afterwards than others. Unfortunately, I'm still dealing with last week! Hopefully this journey will be done soon...

I LOVE LOVE Beginnings!!! :heartslub
    It sounds like you're getting close! Have you thought about using some December Daily/Document your December prompts or templates for this? That way you can group everything into days, kind of like a mini-PL thing. There are template sets to make it easier and you could even use one or two different kits to keep it simple and make it all flow together. You can check out the forum for inspiration: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/document-your-december-layouts.281/
    Oh, moving is so hard. It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate along with many big changes, too.

Here's some thoughts about your scrapping dilemmas. I think it sounds like a plan to make your Covid pages into one album, then you could scrap a page or two in your yearly album that shows the highlights of that time, maybe using photos that didn't make it onto the other pages. And about waiting for that last page - I always seem to scrap around sales, especially the unlimited free pages sale - so if you didn't want to miss out on that you could always make a page about your daughter will be getting the vaccine in September, then you could add her vac page into your year album if you didn't want to wait for it. It just depends upon if you're wanting to get it completed sooner than later. But I feel either way would be just fine.

You know, for the other it sounds like making two separate albums would work. Y'all are starting a new chapter so that would totally work, starting afresh. Good luck with the move!
    Woohoo! Those are amazing pages, Angela!
    It does go like that some months, doesn't it? But 10 pages is better than none! :heartlub

chastml and Angela Toucan like this.