Apple Watch ... who has one?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Apr 18, 2021.

1. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

That's an entirely different situation, then. I can see why it would bother you that she hasn't set it all up and doesn't respond when you try to check in with her. I wonder if she'd be open to having someone else set it up for her and show her how to use it, if that's necessary. Maybe someone at the Apple store?

2. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have an Apple Watch and I use it to monitor my texts, check the time, date and current weather, set timers, and to keep track of the time and distance when my daughter and I walk the dogs. It records my steps, but I don't usually look at that; it isn't useful for me because some days I don't put it on until I leave the house. (Most days it is on right away, because I want to know immediate if my kids text me from school, but on the weekends, I can get lazy about it.)

I love it for Apple Pay; so nice to not fuss with my purse and wallet when I'm standing in line and less to have to keep track of. It's also much quicker than using a chip card reader.

I'm not wearing it right now LOL or I would look and see what else I do with it. Those are the biggest, I think. I'm not too tied to my phone and my watch use reflects that. I have a Series 3; before that I had a series 2 and another Series 3. With the third one, I had to break down and buy a bumper for the screen because I kept cracking the glass. I don't have any interest in the new features of later series, and I don't see any benefit for myself to pay another $10/ month for cell service on it. It can track time and distance, and approve purchases, without being in range of my phone.

(I was cracking the glass, I think, because my watchface is too big. I have a large wrist, and had to get the big watchface in order to get a band big enough to go around my wrist.)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I love mine which I've had for years (or it's older sibling which I'm passed on to my daughter and GD).
    I have also gotten high heart rate and irregular rhythm notifications. Now I feel anxious when it is on the charger.
    I don't have cellular service but think I'll get that when I replace this one.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yes I did! I love it it definitely keeps me aware when I’m being lazy. Love not having to take my phone for all my steps at work and walks/workouts. I’m very happy so far!

Karen, bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's awesome!!!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yahoo! I'm so glad you're happy so far! :agree

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

9. meganmecrazy

I have never had an apple watch. My daughter has one that is pretty old but she loves it. Her birthday is coming up...I should get her a new one and I can take her old one ;) lololol Which model does everyone have and is there a big difference between the models?

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

This thread has been percolating in the back of my mind and now I'm considering getting an Apple watch. Besides Megan's question, what types of bands do y'all have. Some of them look like they wouldn't breathe and I wonder if I'd end up being uncomfortable with a sweaty wrist. I wore watches almost all the time when I was younger, but mostly with either a thin light-weight leather band or a looser bracelet style rather than the bulkier ones these seem to come with.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. meganmecrazy

I was wondering the same @KimJ I don't want my wrist to be sweaty! I just asked my daughter and she said hers gets sweat but she doesn't notice it until she takes the watch off lol She wants a band that looks like a hair scrunchy, that may be better!

Editing to add...make sure you get a case for it! She didn't and she scratched it :(

KimJ likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

I got a braided loop. No buckle. It’s soft fabric like. I can wear about 2 inches above wrist and it fits nicely. When I feel like I want it loose - just sitting around or whatever - i just drop it down right on my wrist bone. I find it pretty comfortable. I haven’t worn a watch in like 12 years so I was worried I wouldn’t like, but within a day or two I was totally used to it. can’t speak to any of the other bands though since this is my first.
    If you make a appointment at an Apple store- you can see and feel them all.

KimJ likes this.
  13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

14. meganmecrazy

Smooches for Bart again!!! <3

15. jenn mccabe

are you closer to a decision miss kim?

16. jenn mccabe

i already ordered a 2nd charger. left mine at work this weekend and i was not happy i did that! now i'll have one for home or car (i tend to charge on my commutes or at work while sitting in meetings) AND one that can stay at the office.

[​IMG]

17. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

18. KimJ

Still pondering. I like the idea of tracking steps more consistently, especially since most of the time when I'm at home (which is almost always these days) I don't carry my phone on me. I'm not sure how much more use I would get out of it though. I thought is would make a good combined Mother's Day/birthday gift, especially since I fall into the hard to shop for category :giggle, so if that's what I'm asking for, I need to decide soon!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. KimJ

I finally bit the bullet and ordered my watch today – a Series 6 in silver aluminum with a blue braided solo loop. I'd considered going to the store to get it in person, but in the time it took me to decide, the one I wanted wasn't available anymore at the closest store (which is half an hour away), or the next closest, or the next closest... :lol, so delivery it is! It will be here in 2 weeks. :D

I'm just klutzy enough that I expect I will occasionally whack it on a doorframe or doorknob or something like that, especially since I'm not used to wearing a watch anymore. I've been looking at case/cover/bumper thingies on Amazon. Any recommendations on a particular one you like? I've been reading reviews until my head is swimming. I've tried to rule out ones where too many people say it gets water trapped underneath too easily, or it pops off randomly, or the stem/wheel thingy is too hard to turn with it on, or the sensitivity is bad. I'm currently leaning towards either these or these, but I'm open to other suggestions. :)

@jenn mccabe @IntenseMagic @Iowan @Cherylndesigns @dawnmarch @Karen @tkradtke @sakura-panda @wvsandy

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Kim, I'll look on my orders and see which one I got. I definitely had to have one because I'm a klutz and kept knocking it up against things. I really like the one I got. Let me find it.

KimJ likes this.