Vitamix blender ... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Apr 18, 2021.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Anyone have a Vitamix blender? We've been using the Ninja - it's been good to us but is old and it's time to replace. We are huge smoothie people. Like ... everyday we make them. My husband wants a Jamba Juice quality blender. I am NOT buying a commercial blender for 3 people to use daily. But ... I am looking at the Vitamix. Daughter and I have dreamed of owning one for a long time. Anyone have one ... likes and/or dislikes you can share about Vitamix?

2. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

We've had a Vitamix for a few years. We don't use it often, but we do like it. It's powerful and cleanup is easy. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's very LOUD. :scared:giggle

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've had one for years and I love it! I had so many other kinds and they didn't hold a candle to my VM! There are two downsides: One style is very tall and can't fit on most counters if you plan to store it on the counter; and you can't remove the blade to get some more solid foods out easier. Mine is the kind with switches and dials. I prefer that to the electronic ones because that's just something else that can break.

Now, my sister has one that's more squat and does fit on her counter, and I have no idea if they've made any where you can remove the blades. My only other tip is to make sure to NEVER start it on high power because it's bad for it. You have to start out slow and work up to high, just like on most appliances. Do that and it will serve you well!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't have a Vitamix, just a regular old Hamilton Beach that I haven't used in quite some time for various reasons. I used to use it to make my breakfast shakes but found that cleaning it after each use was a big hassle. Before the remodel I could also leave it out on the counter, now I don't have room for it to sit under the cabinets since they hand lower.

So I had been looking for a small personal blender for my shakes and thanks to a cousin I found one. BlendJet 2. It cleans up so easy and charges through a USB connection. My cousin uses it for smoothies when she's at work. She has Chron's disease so has modified her diet and likes to have smoothies several times a day in between regular meals. She loves it so much, she got a 2nd one for home (first was a gift from her mom).

And, the BlendJet 2 has a strap so you can take it with you and drink right from it.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love my Vitamix! I've had a lot of blenders over the years, this one just works. I bought the one from Costco, I can check the number if you want. If barely fits under my counters, so I have to pull it out to use it. It's easy to clean up since the blender and blades are all one piece. It mascerates greens like spinach into tiny pieces unnoticeable by children or me.
    Mine has a smaller 20 ounce jar and I bought the grain container. So I also use it to grind wheat into flour, or peanuts into peanut butter (almonds, etc).

Side note: I don't know if they still do, but Jamba Juice used to use a Vitamix. My friend worked there in high school in the late 90's.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

We have a Blendtec and it's good not great. We'll definitely buy a Vitamix next time because we've heard they're better. We use ours for smoothies most often.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

lol! true. our ninja is super loud. everything stops when someone is using it - can't hear talking, music or TV for a few minutes. :giggle

KimJ likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

That's what I thought. If you look at the commercial Vitamix - it looks just like the Jamba Juice machines! No way we need that though!

bestcee likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

ooh, counter space. never thought of that. i do want it to sit out bc we'll use it everyday. will have to measure and look into that. thank you!

10. KimJ

We have one from the professional series and it is definitely tall. It currently lives in the open space beside our sink, next to the upper cabinet. It does not fit under the cabinet unless you take it off the base.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have had my Vitamix for years and it is used 5 days a week for two smoothies ( my husband and me) . It is the best way for me to get some fruit into me as I am a lazy fruit eater. It has served me well and if I ever need to replace it I would buy the same again. It is a noisy powerful machine as my husband down in his workshop knows when I am making his morning smoothie so most times comes back up to the house for it.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

LOVE my Vitamix! I kind of got smoothied out after making them so much, so I haven't used it as much lately, but IMO its worth the money. I've also used it to make almond butter (amazing!) and a bunch of other things.

I have the shorter, squattier one from Costco (maybe the E320??) but I'm not an "appliances on the counter" person, so I made space in one of my pull out shelves in the kitchen. Still super accessible.

bestcee and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. jenn mccabe

so we got one! this thing is da' bomb! @bestcee Husband loves the fact that it's the same brand as Jamba Juice (uses/used) - so thanks for confirming that! :agree It fits under our cabinet so we can leave it on the counter - I guess I'm thankful for the really high ceilings on our first floor. We use it about 5 times a day - I'm drinking a smoothie right now in fact. :)

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  14. KimJ

Wow, 5 times a day! Sounds like a worthwhile investment. I got curious about the under cabinet thing, so I just went and measured. We have a 17" space between the countertop and the upper cabinets. Our blender is about 20" tall fully assembled. :P

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. jenn mccabe

I know - it is a lot! It's a race to see who gets to it first at times. :giggle Because the other person has to wait for it to get cleaned! There's 3 of us - we all are using it at least once and usually 2x. I usually have a green smoothie for breakfast or as a lunch on weekends if I eat eggs for breakfast - and then I've been making a tiny one as a snack instead of eating something junky!

bestcee and KimJ like this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I love mine. I got a refurbished one about 6 years ago we use it at least 5 days a week!!!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

jenn mccabe likes this.
  18. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

We have had the same Vitamix blender for over 16 years. LOOOOVE it!! I would like to get a newer model just because but ours still works great!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I forgot to add...we use it pretty much at least once every single day!!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

that's so awesome to hear!!!! :D