Most Hated Chore | Pad Patter 4.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Apr 15, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm cleaning my house today which always makes me reflect on how much I dislike some chores. I really don't enjoy sweeping. It always feels like I miss dirt, and have to go back and get it. Plus, some dirt doesn't easily sweep into the dust bin. Ugh.

So, what's your most hated chore?

2. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

Cleaning the baseboards and cleaning the shower. I like both to be clean, but they're always a hassle.

bestcee and QuiltyMom like this.
  3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

All of them LOL.. I will be cleaning tomorrow.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I can't say that I enjoy any chores. LOL I do love a clean house though!

I really don't like cleaning the bathrooms. I already don't clean the bathroom floor or shower or the bottom part of the toilet (too much bending and twisting for my back). We all clean up after ourselves so the counters are wiped and products are put away and such, so there's not much to clean to the eye but I definitely like it to be sanitized!

Dusting is another one that I put off because it seems like the day after I dust, it's just all back again.

We rarely sweep anymore. We use the vacuum on hardwood and tile because I don't like the streaks of dirt left behind with the broom. Like you said, you just can never seem to get it all.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Cleaning up someone else's mess. I live with adults so I shouldn't have to pick up after them anymore. I'm saying this after cleaning a sinkload of dishes that could've gone straight into the dishwasher that's right next to the sink!!!!

Sorry - I guess I unloaded there.... lol!

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

showers & tubs hands down. I'd rather clean toilets!

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm..... I would say that I hate cleaning moreso after something is cleaned. As an example, my kitchen is clean, and then my son makes Mac & Cheese an hour later, and then leaves all the dishes in the sink. Dude, do the dishes. I'm working on that with them. :giggle

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That's why I pay someone to clean!

Now I will get the dust bunnies out of the house every couple of weeks and will do a quick mop if I drop something or the dog does something she should not have done. I wipe down the shower glass doors and the tile every time I shower and keep the bathroom and kitchen counters clean.

But the heavy duty mopping of all the laminate flooring (no carpet in my house) and all the dusting is done by the cleaning lady because my back can't handle the mopping and my allergies can't handle the dusting. The dusting she does in an hour takes me a week to do because of having to stop every 15 minutes. Have to add she does the toilet cleaning and mopping of the bathroom floor as well as another cleaning of the shower.

bestcee, AJK and QuiltyMom like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't like any of them! I used to really enjoy cleaning - sick, right? The older I get, the most I dislike it. When we lived in Florida, we had housecleaners - they only came twice a month, but that was such a huge help. We've downsized now a lot and DH says no to a housecleaner. We can't find one anyway. LOL This issue isn't "settled" yet. LOL

With that being said, I do like a clean house so it's a necessary evil. DH helps a lot - so I can't complain too much. He cleans one of the bathrooms and I clean the other one. I've always felt like if my bathrooms and kitchen were clean, that was the most important. We don't have much "clutter" either. I can dust really fast if I want to because I don't have to move a bunch of stuff. We've gone a little more "country" in our decor, so some "stuff" is sneaking in. Haha I leave it out for awhile, then put it away.

10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

#1 bathroom (4-5 people + one bathroom = it's always dirty

#2 dusting (I have too much clutter, plus allergies)

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Bathrooms for sure!

12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Mostly same... I clean in between... and then kids. Well, they are messy. Truly messy. Having her come saves my sanity after our family chaos and schedules. Top a 80 pound dog and a hubby, and all boys. :giggle

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My mom hired this gal to clean when she first started cleaning houses maybe in the late 80's?. And, when Mom died in 1996, her only request of me was "to keep Sharon". So I did! I have cut back from monthly to every other month and it seems to be working OK. She is cutting back some (she is older than me) but still wants to keep up with what she can so I'll keep her as long as she wants to come!

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

ALL OF IT! The only thing I like to do is cooking.

jk703 likes this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

The bathroom!!!! And cleaning out the dishwasher grunge!! OH, and cleaning the bottom of a trash can when hubster forgets to put a liner in it!
    [​IMG]

16. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Cleaning the fridge & dealing with cat litter. The cat litter is not usually my job to do, but my husband is going to be spending a month visiting his mom & helping her so I get it while he's gone.

17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

cleaning the toliet! [​IMG][​IMG] MEN are pigs... and have no aim! seriously its gross.. and did I mention men are pigs?? [​IMG]

oh and cleaning up Neelix's magic nuggets as we call them! I always pass that dirty job off to Eric..

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Oven , I hate cleaning that. And any thing low, just can't get down there.... well I can, but I will never get up again. ! good thing about the pandemic , Tony did the most practical bathroom in the kingdom. I can even clean the shower floor with a deck scrubber without bending. There is 1 sheet of glass only, and a tiled bench/shelf . We wipe the glass and tiles down with a squeezer when we are finished showering. Then I do the floor once a week.... It feels like heaven,before it was really difficult to clean .

20. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I don't mind housework but the chore I hate is cleaning the cooker, so I leave that for the hubby to do