Intro: Rachel from VA

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by a2jc4life, Apr 12, 2021.

1. a2jc4life

a2jc4life New Member

Hello! My sister pointed me in this direction. (It just occurred to me I don't know her username here, but I assume she's around here somewhere.) I'm not much of a digiscrapper; I'm mostly a physical scrapper, but I'm starting to get into some hybrid creation, so I'm mostly here to learn -- and to be inspired by the challenges.

I'm a married, homeschooling ("unschooling," really) mama of 5, ranging in age from 18 down to 3 as of this writing, and when I'm not creating things with paper I enjoy reading, research, theology, holistic nutrition, and natural living.

I do have a question about the gallery requirements. If I'm doing a hybrid layout, does 50% of my layout have to be TLP, or just 50% of the digital portion?

norton94, bestcee and bellbird like this.
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Rachel! Welcome to the Lilypad, so glad you are joining us! As for the gallery question, I will defer to Julie or Laura @mrs2a50 @lmccandless.

bellbird and a2jc4life like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad! We're glad to have you!

bellbird and a2jc4life like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lovely to 'meet' you, Rachel! Welcome to TLP - Heather has tagged the right people to answer your question, i'm not sure how hybrid relates to the 50% either but i think this is a great place for inspiration and learning - if you haven't already checked out the Learning Pad & the Hybrid Pad, they might be good places to start as well as the Hybrid category of the gallery but the challenges every month are great for inspo as well! Looking forward to seeing some of your pages and glad your sister could point you in our direction - feel free to tag me or any of the Pollys (Creative Team) (just stick @ in front of my or any of their usernames like @HeatherB did above) if you have anyother questions or need a hand finding your way around :)

a2jc4life likes this.
  5. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Rachel in VA--from another Rachel in VA.

a2jc4life likes this.
  6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome to TLP, Rachel! Glad to have you here!

a2jc4life likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome Rachel. Fellow homeschooler here too! I have 18 down to 6. I lean more toward the Classical, Charlotte Mason style homeschooling.

Can't wait to see your hybrid. I love seeing what people create with digi and paper.

a2jc4life likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome, Rachel! Hybrid is always so cool to see! I look forward to seeing your creations!

What's your sister's name? We might know her :-)

a2jc4life likes this.
  9. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@a2jc4life - welcome Rachel! For the Gallery requirements, it would be 50% of your entire layout that would need to be TLP

a2jc4life and Karen like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome Rachel! I've communicated with you a bit in an organization thread, so I know we are already kindred spirits. LOL Glad to have you join us!

a2jc4life likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to the Pad Rachel.. another Virginian here :) Enjoy yourself Can't wait to see your pages!

a2jc4life likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Rachel!! We're super happy to have you here!

a2jc4life likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Hi Rachel! I'm in Virginia too, Fredericksburg. And my kids have always unschooled. They're 13, 17, and nearly 20 (next month). Welcome! I was a paper scrapper from childhood in the 1980's until I discovered digital scrapbooking in 2005. :D

a2jc4life likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome Rachel! Another East Coaster here - NJ. :) Can't wait to see what you create! Shout out if you have questions, so we can help out!

a2jc4life likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to TLP Rachel! I love to dabble in hybrid fun stuff too! I don't make layouts with my digi supplies, but I do love to print papers to rip up and elements to cut out and glue down and paint over in my art journal. I'm also obessed with making stickers, so if you need any help with hybrid stuff... give me a shout! I'm a Silhouette user, so I can definitely help with questions about that too!

a2jc4life likes this.
  16. a2jc4life

a2jc4life New Member

Thank you all! (And thank you, Julie, for the clarification on percentages of layouts.) I don't know if my sister uses her real name here and, just in case, I don't want to "out" her ;) so I'll ask her to pop in when she gets a chance.

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  17. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hi Rachel. Welcome to The Pad. Great to have to you here with us. :)

a2jc4life likes this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hey there Rachel! Awesome to have you join us! if you're into snail mail/happy mail ... and like hybrid - you should join us in June for signups for our next swap!

a2jc4life likes this.
  19. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Hi! Welcome to TLP!

a2jc4life likes this.
  20. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

It's me! I'm the sister! Glad you're here, Rachel!