That dreaded moment

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Apr 3, 2021.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@LoveItScrapIt Kiana, I was out of town for the weekend but have responded to your email to customer service.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    LoveItScrapIt and G.J. like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I feel your pain...more than a few times I've lost digi files over the years, not all of them, but quite a few. I hope you get all or most back...fingers crossed.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm so thankful that TLP has the option to purchase resets. I'll be able to get most of what I need that way.

I've already set up an external backup and I didn't know it before, but we get 1TB of online storage with our Microsoft365 subscription so I'm using that as well.

I won't let this happen again :circles

4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Well, so I had not bought a new 2021 hard drive so you inspired me. Got it and backing it all up on this drive. I back up the 2021 drive onto 2020 and my 2020 is necked up on my 2019. Everything is on two disks in case of failure. Thank you for getting me motivated. (I had just been saving stuff to 2020 still - bad me).
    Hope all is getting fixed for you.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Two nights ago - I thought I had the same situation. My laptop just "froze". I mean, I couldn't do anything. All I could think of was this thread. What to do?????

I started looking at YouTube videos on my iPhone and after the 6th video, or so, I thought I knew what the problem was. I had MAJOR settings that had been changed (in my system) and I DID NOT change them!! Once I nailed that down, I knew how to fix my problem. What a frightening thing!!!

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

That is super scary!!!

7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I was able to reset most of my kits here. They will take care of you. They understand things happen and they have a protocol set up. I forgot how much I paid. but it was minimal and I got back nearly everything I purchased here.

LoveItScrapIt, bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I read this and went to back things up. I realized that I hadn't backed up ANYTHING since November. EEk!

I know that sinking feeling. I've been in your shoes, but I lost pages. I had just deleted many of them from my hard drive to my EHD since I had run out of room, and the next week it crashed. I had also gone through my Pinterest boards and deleted stuff from a defunked scrapping site, and I lost all copies there, too. So I had to start again. I've always double-backed things up, even to the point of making extra copies of my completed albums. I now have two EHDs, just in case! I hope they're able to get things fixed for you!