Pad Patter 04.05.2021 | RAK

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Apr 5, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

What one small thing did you do recently that made someone very happy?

I am on the board of a non-profit and we do table topics every week and this was one of our questions last week. It occurred to me that I have used COVID as an excuse to be more of a hermit than usual...but this week, I'm going to make sure I do at least ONE RAK!

Give me some ideas of your favorite RAKs

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oooooo. I have one from this weekend!

Family and I were at the boardwalk. We played the water shooting game. With a bunch of us playing, and a few other people we didn't know, my family and I were laughing and boasting that we would all win. I took aim. I won. :giggle Because there were a bunch of people, I got to pick any prize. I chose a giant stuffed yellow chick -it was really soft and plush too - Easter Weekend choice prize. :giggle Carried that around for a bit, and then went up to a dad/daughter duo, and asked the Dad if ok to give to his daughter. Her face lit up - from what I could tell under her mask - and she was thrilled. The best part was that my boys watched me do it, were smiling/crinkly eyed in their masks nearby, so one day, I hope they do the same.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  3. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

That is AWESOME!!!!! What a great RAK...and I'm sure that your boys will remember <3

jk703 likes this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

We have a Secret Prayer sisters group at church. We pray, send cards, and little gifts. Sometimes I like to give a small gift to someone not participating. I don’t sign the card because, well it’s a secret. It is just a fun thing to do.

keepscrappin, Nemla and FarrahJobling like this.
  5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I bought my BIL Little Debbie unicorn cakes and gave them to him yesterday. They don't carry them at the store he & my sister usually shop at so even though he's local and could go to "my" Walmart where I get them, I buy him a couple boxes every once in awhile just to be nice.

FarrahJobling, keepscrappin and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

A couple of weeks ago we saw a guy in the smack middle of an intersection trying to push his car off the road. He was by himself so no one could steer while he pushed. So I told my hubby to pull over and we both jumped out and pushed his car while the guy steered. He was so happy that someone actually stopped to help him. :)

FarrahJobling and keepscrappin like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Also Farrah... if you're looking for ideas for your group... I used to subscribe to a watercolor art box each month and they did the coolest thing inside each box... they send a postcard that the back side was watercolor paper. They picked one person each month and we all painted something for the person and mailed them a pile of postcards each month. It was usually someone going through a rough patch and we tried to brighten their day. So... you can be a hermit at home and still do cool stuff! :agree

FarrahJobling and keepscrappin like this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Recently there was a case lot sale at the grocery store and I bought a couple of extra cases of food and donated them to the food bank drive.

Another thing I do to be kind is I let the elderly and moms with small kids go ahead of me in the checkout line. I remember the days of struggling with little ones at the store, so I try to help them as much as possible.

[​IMG]

I also had a RAK done for me recently. I was trying to lift an awkward box containing a small file cabinet into my cart at Walmart and a gal saw that the cart kept rolling away from me, so her son held the cart and she helped me lift it in. It wasn't a big thing, but it was helpful to me and brightened my day!

QuiltyMom and FarrahJobling like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

And I'm sure they appreciate it more than they can say. I'll never forget the time I was in Target with an screaming infant and a cart filled with products. I was literally hip-slamming the cart to move it along while bouncing my DS, and some lovely woman came along and pushed my cart over to the checkout for me. It was a simple thing for her to do but so appreciated by me. That was 21 years ago and I still haven't forgotten.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I try to do little things for others when I can, but right now I'm drawing a blank other than letting people in front of me in the grocery line when they have less items than me.

I was at Disneyland a few years ago about to ride the Carousel. I love to get "Jingles", Julie Andrew's horse whenever I can. I was about to get on it when I saw a little girl and her parents approach the horse. I let her get on it instead and then told them the story. The little girl was so happy to know she was riding Mary Poppin's Carousel horse!

keepscrappin and FarrahJobling like this.