early bird activities | Pad Patter 2 Apr

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 3, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

DH went fishing with some friends early this morning, they were meeting at 6:30am and apparently there were heaps of people there fishing already when he got there around 7am - the only reasons i think i've been up and out of the house before that time have been to get to the airport or a hospital. I'm basically this in the mornings

[​IMG]
    Is there anything that you will get up early for on a weekend or public holiday?

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Holiday for sure!

Weekdays would be a holiday and work cause I want to be paid....ooh and travel for a job interview....anything else forget it!

bellbird likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm always up and moving on weekends around 6:30 or 7, but definitely not ready to go anywhere lol. In the past, I've had to get up early for kids' sporting things or if we are leaving on a trip (which I sooo wish we were doing!!).

bellbird likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I usually wake up around 7am and most days I get up then. I like to be up before the rest of them get up. The house is so quiet. I read and study my Bible then and plan what to do that day. I also clean up the kitchen because they tend to mess it up after I go to bed.

bellbird likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm a night owl. Always have been. It was a struggle to get up to be at work at 7:30 and it only took me 8 minutes to get there! I was my happiest when I worked 2nd shift (3 to 11:30).

Now that I'm retired and can get up when I want, I pretty much wake up around 8:00 every day even if I stayed up late the night before. Went to bed at 1 a.m., up at 8 a.m. today without an alarm. Weekends/holidays... can't think of anything that make me get up earlier than that these days.

bellbird likes this.
  6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

the children ...

Donitab, jk703 and bellbird like this.
  7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Medical appointments. The Seattle traffic is brutal. To get to an 8:00 appointment, at a medical facility just 12 miles away, we would have to leave at 6:45, grrrrr.

bellbird likes this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

To run a race I will get up early on a Saturday. ;)

bellbird likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I try to avoid getting up early at all costs! I am SO not a morning person. All the years I worked, I had to be there at 7:30 and it was a struggle every morning because I never went to bed at a decent time the night before. I CAN get up if I have to, but I don't like it. Mainly it's been to catch a plane. I've always tried to get late flights, but you can't always get them. That's usually because I've let somebody else make the reservations. I don't do that very often either. Of course, I try to avoid flying if at all possible and with Covid, I've had the perfect excuse not to. I haven't been on a plane for almost 3 years now.

jk703 and bellbird like this.
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am a person who once awake in the morning I need to get up. I cannot lie in bed in the hopes of falling asleep again. The normal routine is up around 6 or 6.30am.... get my husband a cup of tea which is placed on his beside table... I make myself lemon juice and warm water which I drink while having my bible reading and quiet time.

BevG and bellbird like this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Awake & out of bed is entirely different from being dressed and mentally awake enough to be a fully functional adult as far as I'm concerned. The ONLY thing I can think of that I get up and rolling early for is working elections. I'm the chief election inspector for one of our polling locations. I get up at 4:30 a.m. so that I can be at the polls before 6:00 when all my poll workers report. I need to supervise so that we are ready to open the polls to voters by 7:00 a.m.

BevG and bellbird like this.
  12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I usually wake up early thanks to hubby taking the dogs for a walk but I futz around on my ipad for a while before I get up. I'm usually up by 7. I'm in AZ and I work mostly with people on the East Coast so I like to start work early to stay more on their schedule.

bellbird likes this.
  13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yes! To go somewhere fun, like to catch a plane or something. When I take a day trip to Colonial Williamsburg (a 2-1/2 hour drive) I'm out of the house by 6:30 so I can be there when they open at 9:00. Otherwise, nope. All the years of having to be at the ice rink at 5:00 am has removed any desire I might have had of waking early anymore.

bellbird likes this.
  14. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Not if I can help it! I'm a night person, and the kids' school schedule has me up and out of bed way earlier than I want to be M-F. If I don't get that chance to catch up on missed sleep over the weekend, it makes me a very cranky human.

bellbird likes this.
  15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

For fun things, happily. For work, not so happily. :giggle I'm a night owl in my heart. One day I will be able to sleep in ALL the days, and stay up late with no repercussions, lol!

bellbird likes this.
  16. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Disneyland - I bounce out of bed like a rubber ball. I can wake up early for trips - I am the designated first driver because I can’t sleep in the car.
    But every other day I push snooze over and over.

bellbird likes this.
  17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The cats - they sing me the song of their people, often even before dawn and I need to open up for them to go outside. (they're locked in before dark with access to a litter tray) but they prefer the actual outdoors.

bellbird likes this.
  18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I only willingly get up early for Christmas Day.

bellbird likes this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm not a huge fun of getting up early. :giggle My hubby and I like to go glass hunting at a nearby beach on the weekend and if you want to find to goodies you have to be the first one there. In the summer... that's really darn early. My hubby also loves to fish, so he will get up WAY before the crack of dawn to get on the water before the fish wake up? Or whatever reason. Last week he and a friend woke up at 3:15 and drove 3 hours to go walleye fishing. There is NO way I would do that. Lol!

bellbird likes this.
  20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Not much any more ... no more early sports, no small kids to wake me, no early flights (I prefer to fly out the night before and pay for an extra night at the hotel). That said, I can no longer sleep until noon like I did when I was younger.Although once up on the weekends, I tend to wander around in my jammies, esp. since COVID as I'm not shopping or going to lunch or much of anything away from my house. I've always been a night owl.

Of course I still have to be to work @ 8AM Monday-Friday.

bellbird likes this.