April Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'April 2021 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Apr 1, 2021.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hello fellow pad dwellers!!!
    I am here today with the photography challenge!!

It is April already...and with it, at least up in my northern BC town, it means that spring is here. It signifies new beginnings, new seasons, new life, and for me...hope.

And with the craziness of this past year, this is what I'm looking forward to the most...HOPE.

So this month, I would like you to photograph and make a layout of something that brings you hope!!

I was lucky enough yesterday to receive my first vaccination shot!!!!!! The emotions that built up in me when I received it almost had me in tears while I was waiting in the queue. So I had to use it for my hopeful layout....

[​IMG]

Remember that you must take a new photograph in order for it to be used for this photography challenge!!

I can't wait to see our gallery fill up with hope!!!

Remember: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the April Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from The Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    This little basil plant on my kitchen window sill fills me with hope, that the sun will still shine tomorrow and that everything will work out in the end.

bcnatty and CathQuillScrap like this.
  3. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

After a hard winter due to covid lockdown, I'm looking forward to spring. these blooming daffodils gave me hope![​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Yes to normalcy in our lives..

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

6. catgoddess

catgoddess Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]
    I did my vaccine photos too!!! :) The photo was taken March 31st... is that ok?? is that recent enough ?

bcnatty likes this.
  8. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

First, I LOVE your sample page!!
    I feel like I need to explain mine-something we never in our wildest dreams happened last week and the intense feelings I had when it was all over included HOPE. Hope because of our incredible First Responders and that hope, while initially for the firefighters, spilled over into the hope for the future I feel for all the folks who give of themselves in love and service for the rest of us. Maybe this is a stretch for the topic, but that is what came to mind. That feeling of hope has yet to leave.

[​IMG]

bcnatty, Nemla, trekmom and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

mine: something that brings you hope - I live with a disability, so this last surgery was much waited and hopefully will improve my life! so I must keep the faith and hope for better days to come!
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  11. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Hope for warmer and sunnier days to come soon!

[​IMG]

bcnatty and Dady like this.
  12. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This photo of the page in my calendar is the most welcome piece of hope in a long while
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  13. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

My sweet grandson gives me hope for the future every time I see him!

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  14. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

The photo I took for the challenge is the one of my computer screens set up.
    In 2 years with DRA I have gone from a general member to the National Planning Coordinator and in the last few months I have also become the Remote Planner for Operation Corkhill. That's when I invested in the better set up.
    DRA gives me hope that there are things I can do, that I can contribute even though my health can sometimes be debilitating. If I can't get out in the field I am still helping change people's lives through my other work. It also reminds me that Hope is what we do. We are bringers of hope. On someone's darkest day after a disaster we help them and give them hope that things can and will get better, that they can get through this.

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  15. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

I received this photo last night, and since I haven't seen my niece or anybody from my family since last year, it made me immensely happy and hopeful.
    [​IMG]

16. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

April Challenge Hope.jpg
    Spring is a time of hope and rebirth for me, I found these little volunteers growing in my yard. I'm going to transplant them before the lawn gets mowed, they are too sweet to let go.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge.

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  18. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine. Nothing like new growth and water ( rain) to inspire hope.
    [​IMG]

bcnatty likes this.
  20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This site was part of our prayer journey to revival sites in our state, and was a place of rest and worship for slaves in southern S.C. The visit there made a deep impact upon me. Their faith was tangible.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    bcnatty likes this.