March Random Challenge

Discussion in 'March 2021 Challenges' started by ashleywb, Feb 27, 2021.

1. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

I immediately knew what photos to do - my husband's Aunt has a birthday near July 4th and each year for the last 5 years we have spent the 4th of July at the lake (which really has been some place that much of the family spends time at for the 4th since my MIL was a kid - but we are not close and haven't always been able to - anyway sorry for the ramble) for her birthday she loves to get a picture of her with "the grands" as she calls them, the grand nephews & nieces.

Thanks for a great challenge
    [​IMG]

2. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

3. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

4. Skivvy

Skivvy Well-Known Member

This is just a sad day.
    [​IMG]

5. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

6. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Was A Very Interesting Challenge For Me...I Really Was Stumped At What To Do For Subject Matter!...So I Left This Challenge For Last!...I Had A Few Different Ideas But They Just Didn't Pan Out!...I Was Looking At Some Old Photos Yesterday...& Saw My Professional Grad Photos That I Had Gotten Done By A Local Professional Photographer...I Didn't Like My School Photos...UGH!...So I Got All Dressed Up & Made Up! & I Paid For This Myself...My Parents Were Like No!...Such An Unnecessary Expense They Said!...They Thought I'd Drop It!...But I Didn't...I Saved My Money...& Paid For It Myself!...I Was So Proud Of Myself!...But Really Nervous!...But Everything Went O.K. As Far As I Remember...Afterall!...It Was Back In 1986!...I Can Barely Remember What Happened 3 Days Ago Now!...LOL!...So I Got This Idea That I Would Do A School Photo Contrast!...Me Back In 1974 In Grade 1...Also Professional Taken Photos!...Mom Wanted Really Nice Photos For My First School Year!...Not Too Dressed Up...But Wearing One Of My Favorite Sweaters At The Time!...And Had My Hair Done Nice!...The K-Mart Portrait Studio Was Just A 15 Minute Walk From Where We Lived!...So Off We Went!...Walked There...Got The Photos Done! & Walked Back Home!...It Was Quite A Task I'm Told...I Was Deathly Shy When I Was That Age!...& I Didn't Want To Talk To Anyone! I Guess...My Mom Used To Say That I Was Afraid Of My Own Shadow!...LOL!...It Took Awhile...But Mom Said I Was Very Well-Behaved! & Did What I Was Told To Do!...But I Don't Really Remember Much About The Whole Thing!...I Was Too Young!...6 Years Old!...LOL!...But This Story Makes For A Great! Layout Idea!...Thanks! For This Challenge!...I May Have Never Done This Otherwise!...I Even Created A Shamrock Necklace For My Lady Luck...Lady!...

*For My Grade 1:Vs:Grade 12 Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-March 2021-Some Call Me Lucky-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynn Grieveson/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-March 2021-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

8. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

I knew exactly which photos I wanted to compare! :)
    [​IMG]

9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

10. Marif

Marif Well-Known Member

This was fun, thanks! I went the "haircut-before-and-after" route. But I though it was fun when I realized I had a pre-photo from February 6th and a post from March 6th where my dude is on his bed in both and wearing the same shirt. The symmetry makes me happy :D

[​IMG]

11. Beth Holmes

Beth Holmes Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to do a layout with these two photos for awhile now so this challenge was the perfect impetus. I had to take them out of their frames and scan them first. They normally sit on the window sill in our living room which is why I noticed how similar our smirky smiles were! Thus, the comparison of Mother and Daughter smiles.

[​IMG]

12. MishSpar

MishSpar Well-Known Member

13. jjpederson125

jjpederson125 Well-Known Member

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's my layout of my two granddaughters - in 2015 and this year.

[​IMG]

15. snowdrop

snowdrop CT - Krista Sahlin

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So this Random challenge page is really "random"! LOL For 3 weeks I've been talking:blahblahblah:blahblahblah:blahblahblah about cleaning out my closet- a real purge. Seeing that our climate here means shorts and t-shirts most the year, a small group of "dress" clothes shouldn't have been such a challenge, right? Oh well! I pulled them out and stacked the bed with piles of them. And then got to work!
    [​IMG]

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This is GREAT, Bev!!!!

BevG likes this.
  18. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This really makes me miss my haircut -- fun challenge

[​IMG]

19. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was a fun one!
    [​IMG]

20. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Here be my take:

[​IMG]