May 2021 Book Club - The Ten Thousand Doors of January

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yippee! Voting is done and we have another batch of great books to read together. I know I said it was for four months, but we had a three way tie so I'm doing the top five vote getters as the winners. This will give us books from April - August! :agree

The book for May is The Ten Thousand Doors of January . Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. I even learned a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler.

Here's my spoiler... there are never too many books!

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone can read these books at any time and join in the discussion at any time too! The more the merrier! :agree

Vrielinkie likes this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I had this on reserve at our digi library and it came in so I'm going to read this right after I read "The Printed Letter Bookshop".

Karen likes this.
  3. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Collected from the library this weekend so it'll be read in the next month.

Karen likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Just got this so I'll be reading it early.

Karen likes this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I had a bit of trouble getting into this but then after about 40 pages I started to get hooked and couldn’t put it down. I loved it!

Karen likes this.
  6. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I had a hard time with this one. It just wasn't for me. I definitely feel like I am in the minority on this one!

Karen likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I keep forgetting to come back and add my thoughts after I read these books. Lol! I finished this one at the beginning of June. This book is the reason I love our Lilypad book club because I don't know if I ever would have stumbled on this book without hearing about it here.

This story is wacky, but totally interesting. I loved the time period and the creativity of the Doors to other worlds. The beginning was a little slow as I tried to figure out all of the characters and where they belonged, but once I just went with the story, I really enjoyed the ride.

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

That's how I felt, it dragged at the beginning, wasn't sure about the characters and then all of a sudden I was hooked and really enjoyed it a lot.

Karen likes this.
  9. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Definitely a slow start to this book, but I really liked it in the end.

Karen likes this.
  10. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Wacky for sure!

Karen likes this.
  11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I just finished this yesterday. I agree with Karen. It sure is wacky.

>>>>>I never would have guess that January was the daughter of Yule Ian and Abe. Once it finally all came together, it kind of made sense, but then again, not really. The ending kind of left me wanting a sequel. Did Solomon read January's pages? Did he remember her? Did they live happily ever after and go back to visit her parents? My inquiring mind wants to know.<<<<<

I can't get the spoiler button to work for me.

Karen likes this.