March Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'March 2021 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Feb 27, 2021.

1. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

2. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

we dont have any pets and never have but i do have two granddoggies that i do take photos of so perfect for the challenge
    [​IMG]

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

5. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

I finally got mine finished. It's been a rough few weeks!

[​IMG]

Thanks for the challenge, to get me to make this one almost "in the moment."

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

7. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

The Loss Of A Pet Is So Tough!...I Still Remember When Our Family Dog Shaolin Died A Few Years Back Now!...She Was The Best!...I Scrap About Her From Time To Time!...So Sorry For Your Loss!...I Was Gonna Scrap About Her Today...But I Had My Mom On My Mind So Much Today & Went Through My Stash Of Pics Looking For A Specific Photo Of Her With Her Cat Precious!...Some Of You May Know That My Mom Was My Best Friend & She Has Passed Quite A Few Years Now!...So I Wanted To Scrap About Her Today & Her Silly Cat Precious!...Who Is Also Now Passed Too!...I Hope! They Are Together Again Reunited! & Happy!...

Mom's Cat Precious Was A Street Cat...She Was Messed Up A Bit When She Used To Come Round The Neighborhood...Looking For Food & Milk!...She Was Scrawny & Untaken Care Of!...My Mom Was Just Walking Home From The Store One Day & Noticed The Cat & Smiled At Her & Kept Walking Because She Was In A Hurry To Get Home & Cook Supper For The Fam...But Lo & Behold!...We Were All Sitting Down To Eat & I Thought I Heard Purring! By The Side Door!...[This Was Years Ago When I Was In My 20's...]...Sure Enough It Was The Cat...She Had Secretly Followed Mom Home...She Just Sat There Purring Until My Mom Came Out & Petted Her & Gave Her Some Milk!...I Said Mom If You Feed Her She Won't Leave...Just Know That...You Will Get Attached...& Sure Enough...The Cat Would Leave But She Would Always Be At The Side Door Each Morning Waiting For Mom...This Went On For About A Week Or So...Mom Thought She Better Call The SPCA To Come Pick Her Up!...But By Then It Was Too Late!...My Mom Had Fallen For Her!...We Had Never Had A Cat Before!...We Found Out Later That My Sister Was Allergic! & So Was I!...But That's Another Story!...She Announced That She Was Keeping "Precious"!...She Had Already Named The Cat!...We Were Shocked!...We Weren't Allowed To Have Pets Until Later On When My Sister Adopted Shaolin & She Became Our Family Dog Years Later...But I Digress...My Dad Was Not Too Happy!...But They Talked About It & He Caved!...She Said The Cat Was Meant To Be Hers!...She Said She Found Me!...We Belong Together!...Yep!...They Became Inseparable!...But The Cat Was A Fussy One!...She Didn't Like To Be Held Or Touched!...Only By Mom & My Brother!...She Basically Shunned Everybody Else!...& Hissed! At Me & My Dad All The Time!...No Matter How Hard We Tried The Cat Just Didn't Like Us!...But After Awhile My Dad Became The One Who Gave Her Her Milk Each Day...& She Would Follow Him Around & Go Between His Legs Until She Got Her Milk!...Then She Gave Him Her BUTT! & Took Off!...Eventhough He Gave Her Milk...She Never Really Warmed Up To Him!...All I Got Was Her Butt!...Hissing! & Bad Attitude No Matter How Hard I Tried To Be Nice To Her...I Was Working 2 Jobs Then...So I Wasn't Home Much Anyway...She Had My Mom,Dad & Brother To Care For Her!...Eventually Time Went By & We Got Shaolin!...They Did Not Like Each Other Either!...It Was Kinda Funny!...She'd Hiss!...He'd Bark!...They Had Their Beds & Things At Opposite Ends Of The House!...I'm A Dog Person Really...So Me & My Sister Were Hanging With Shaolin!...& My Brother & Mom Hung With The Cat!...Dad Was The Go Between!...It Was Funny!...So The Pets Both Got The Love They Deserved...After My Mom's Sudden Passing A Few Years Later My Dad Was Torn About What To Do With Precious!...Precious! Knew Mom Was Gone Somehow!...And She Was Just As Sad As We All Were...It Was Tough Times All Around!...Shaolin Too!...Felt Our Sadness!...She Comforted Me At This Sad Time Too!...I Will Always Remember Her Love! For Me & How She Comforted Me!...But Ultimately...My Dad Couldn't Give The Cat Away!...Because Mom Loved Her So!...So He Kept Precious & Took Care Of Her Until She Herself Got Sick & Passed 2-ish Years Later I Think!...But Ultimately...Precious Ended Up Keeping My Dad Company After Mom Passed!...The House Was Lonely Without Her For Awhile!...But He Had Precious! To Love!...So We Didn't Worry As Much About Him!...At Least He Wasn't Alone...So I'm Glad That Mom Took In That Cat! Because Ultimately She Ended Up Taking Care Of My Dad In A Way...& This Kept My Dad Close To My Mom Also!...She Was A Gift To My Mom & My Dad In His Time Of Need!...:bk...:heartslub...

*Sorry For The Long Story...Just Those Feelings Were There & They Came Out...*

*For My Mom & Precious Layout-I Used:

*Sketchbook 10-M3 Add-On-May 2016-Flourish-Lynne-Marie
    *Mixed Media Monthly-May 2016-Flourish-Little Butterfly Wings/Nancie Rowe-Janitz/Paula Kesselring
    *Fur Babies:Cats-Kristin Aagard
    *Strength Of A Woman-Color Overlay/Delightful-PT-Color Overlay/Current Mood-PT-Styles-Fine Art-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  9. Lmaggs

Lmaggs Active Member

So sorry for your loss it is hard to lose a pet our Bridget was very special to us and we miss her everyday.
    Journaling:
    Bridget Girl and Charley wrestling. It started when Charley tackled her for the first time she was so little then about six months old and she loved it she went back after him. Then it was Bridget who would start the match, she would sit next to him while he was doing something and start poking him with her nose, if he didn’t respond she would push his arm up and slide her head under it until he reacted, which usually was right after her head was under his arm. She was so smart and funny. We loved her so much she knew how to brighten a dark day. We miss her and think about her often.
    Playmate Bridget and Charley.jpg

[​IMG]

10. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Here be my take:

[​IMG]

11. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I'm so sorry about Finn :(
    [​IMG]

12. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

We don't have any pets (had goldfish and bunnies a few years back), so I went with chimpanzees for my layout
    [​IMG]

13. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup! <3 I know our fur babies are part of the family.

[​IMG]

14. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I am so sorry about your sweet puppy! We lost our Golden Retriever Canaan (he was almost 14) last May, and it was pretty hard. We do have another 4 year old Golden Retriever- Toby, and my middle kiddo got a kitten in November. I made this page with a photo of our silly kitty Stormy- she is a mess!
    [​IMG]

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We don't have any pets, but whenever I go out during the spring and summer I always look to see if there are any butterflies.
    [​IMG]

16. Sharon-shutterbug

Sharon-shutterbug Active Member

Here's my page, about the day we adopted our dog Piffles.

[​IMG]

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm so sorry about your loss of Finn. He was a beautiful dog and my heart goes out to you and your family. Here's my layout and I used pictures of our dog, Daisy and our granddog, Lila. They're together a lot and are BFF's.

[​IMG]

18. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. :( I know the pain of losing a beloved pet. They truly are part of the family.

Here is my page:
    [​IMG]

19. MishSpar

MishSpar Well-Known Member

20. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member