napping | pad patter 3.16.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Mar 16, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It was national napping day yesterday and even though I missed it I'm still going to celebrate. I especially need a nap today because I'm still messed up from the change to daylight savings time on Sunday. A little powernap of 30 minutes or so is just what I need sometimes to get me through. I wish daily napping was part of our culture here in the US like it is in some Latin American countries. I could really go for that! :agree

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Didn't know that it was national napping day yesterday but I did have a 20 minute nap, laying on the floor beside Remi's crate as she slept after lunch. We both enjoyed a little snooze b/c she was feeling sick the night before and kept us both up most of the night. I'm happy to say we slept better last night and don't require a nap today :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I feel like napping occasionally but rarely do. It messes me up every time. I'm with you, Kayla, I'm still in the Spring Forward Time Warp. It gets me every year!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm still struggling with radiation fatigue. This is no joke tiredness! It's starting to get better, and I'm looking forward to a time when it's just a 30 minute nap here and there, and not a couple of hours every single day. I do love a nap, and I think it really does help reset the brain. It should be required here in the US. A lot of people would be better off for it!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a napper as I usually feel worse afterwards, but yesterday I was beat when I got home from work so I laid down and fell asleep for two hours!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Like @gonewiththewind I still struggle with fatigue more often than not so a nap is most definitely part of most of my days. It’s getting better though but it’s slow improvement

gonewiththewind and keepscrappin like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Man, I love a good nap! I don't get them through the week because if I did, I'd never go to bed on time. But, I love to come home on Friday afternoon and grab a quick one :). I also try to get one on Saturday and Sunday afternoons!

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. jenny

jenny jenny

I don't get the opportunity very often through the week, but a Saturday or Sunday afternoon nap is THE BEST.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Since the clots, napping has become something that I *need* to do every few days. I think I've napped every Saturday or Sunday since then & I at least lie down and rest, even if I don't actually fall asleep, every day after I'm done working.

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I only nap when I'm sick or post surgery!

11. gonewiththewind

Giving you a gentle ((HUG)). Fatigue is a quiet beast.

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

If I sleep in the day I don't sleep at night, so no naps for me either, but sitting in a comfy chair, with my book, that I can do..

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh man! I used to love naps and crave them all the time. I think I'm officially entering the "getting older" phase of life though because I don't need as much sleep as I used to. When I used to nap, my hubby would say I was having a coma because I could sleep for 2-3 hours while he puttered around me and I wouldn't move. :giggle Now if I do nap on the weekends it's a lot shorter and then I'll find myself staying up reading WAY later than I should. Oopsy!

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

or at times a fairly large beast! I just manage the best I can....I’m lucky during this “season of my life”, I can ‘work’ from home doing my studies and job hunting for the most part.

During what I view as my tough times, I just remember what my FB & IG friend Kylee (don’t worry it’s her public website I’ve linked) whose roughly my age goes through on a daily basis and remains incredibly positive with Elhers-Danlos Syndrome and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome among other things.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

Wow! Kylee has such a great outlook and a way of encouragement that is so refreshing!

littlekiwi likes this.