Public Sleeping | Pad Patter 2.28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Feb 28, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hm. Not a public sleeper.

If DH is driving, I might snooze... but otherwise, I would have to say 99% no public sleeping, lol!

Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I can pretty much sleep anywhere. =)

3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Nope. Can't sleep on a plane either. Not even with pills. Those transatlantic/pacific flights kill me

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Nope, not a public sleeper, simply I can't, either on a plane, usually I end up mortally tired, but I can't sleep

5. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I've fallen asleep at the movies a couple of times, maybe on the subway. I fell asleep on a flight from Japan & the lady next to me woke me up so I wouldn't miss lunch. I was a bit embarrassed at that.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I try to sleep on long flights as I know that if I don’t, I’ll fall asleep in the departure lounge waiting for the next flight! I’ve also fallen asleep on a flight ten minutes before landing. I often doze off in the car when dh is driving and on the bus! My worst time falling asleep in public was many years ago, after a long day skiing, I fell asleep at a restaurant over dinner!

Memaw2Wm and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have slept in my car, on airplanes, in airports, on trains (most of these were on our 30 hours of travel to China), but I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere.

trekmom, Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My sleep schedule has been so wacky for the past 6 or 7 years at least, so I can fall asleep quite easily IF I'm in a comfortable position. It can be brightly lit or loud, and I will fall asleep if I can ever find a comfortable position so that I can somewhat ignore physical pain.

In my life, I've fallen asleep at the beach, in church, at school, in hospital waiting rooms, in cars while traveling and while parked, on airplanes and on a train, at family events like dinners afterwards while everyone is talking I've just completely zonked out. LOL

trekmom, Memaw2Wm and Donitab like this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

In college, I would sleep whenever I had time on the floor of the computer lab!

Memaw2Wm, Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Me and asia love going hamocking ... we hang up our hamocks in a local park or by the river.... and i read while she naps or soaks up sun. I'll nap some too
    Also sleep a lot in car in road trips if that counts. .or eric will stop and shop..and I'll sleep in car...
    Also camping....
    Or on a plane. ..
    Also fell asleep on metro in dc while traveling to mussuem

Memaw2Wm, Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

haha! I have probably fallen asleep at almost any place you can imagine.....library, bookstore, airport, airplane, beach, pool, school (both in class and crashed on a chair), subway, bus, movie theater, park, you name it it's probably 55% chance I've slept there. hahaha.

I suffer from chronic fatigue and so always seem to be tired. My eyelids are always heavy. I can fall asleep anywhere anytime. Whether I'm with someone else and they can "watch" my stuff or I'm completely alone and I have to sit on my purse. hahaha.

12. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Not much of a public sleeper - it makes me feel too vulnerable. I have slept at the beach of course. Once, in college, I slept on the floor of a bowling alley. And once in the floor of the hospital. I was four months pregnant and my dad was dying - I guess I just gave in because a hospital floor with carpet doesn’t sound very clean. But usually I just sit somewhere and wish I could sleep.

13. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

My husband fell asleep at a Springsteen concert. Oh, he was singing Nebraska. No excuse but I still married him. I fall asleep at a few Disney rides. Ellen's Energy ride and the Hall of presidents. I have fallen asleep with my family on the Disney bus back to the hotel.

14. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I'm in the sleep where you are camp... I have fallen asleep in quite a few weird places! I suppose I am lucky nothing has ever happened because of it. I do have to feel like I am in a safe place these days to catch a nap, and my parked minivan is my favorite place for a nap or a good cry when I need one of those, too!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

In many airports and many airplanes (and lots of hospital waiting rooms as a kid), but not too many places other than that. I do sleep in the car, so I guess that's public in a way when you're on the interstate. I'm usually responsible for little people when I'm out, so napping wouldn't typically be safe.

IntenseMagic likes this.