Weather | Pad Patter 3.11

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 11, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you have a favorite weather?

We've had some lovely spring weather, and today it's rainy. I love watching the rain - when I can stay inside!

I'm not a huge snow fan. I like to see it once or so a season, but then I'm done with it. I don't ski or anything, so that might play into that! I love a good rainstorm, especially with some thunder! But I think I'd get tired of rain all the time. I didn't know it was possible, but I got really tired of the eternal sunshine in Las Vegas. I started to hate hearing "another sunny day".

So, maybe I like just having weather?

How about you? Are you partial to a particular weather?

2. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I like it warm.. I am not saying HOT.. but warm enough to wear summer clothes and maybe go for a dip in the pool without frying or freezing.. warm enough to spend the day out on the river.. or on the lake with family.. have a picnic in the sunshine.. [​IMG]

I also prefer warm rain [​IMG]... no lighting or thunder.. just a warm sprinkle...

ohhh and I freaking hate nasty gross SNOW.. and ice.. [​IMG] and the bitter below zero winter days [​IMG]

3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I don't like rain. it's always so dark in the house when it's raining, I must turn on the light and I don't like it.
    I prefer sunny days whatever the season. A good sunny day in winter is great as a good sunny day in spring or autumn. but there's also one thing I don't like : hot days !

4. bestcee

Wait.... And you live in WI?

I'm sorry! I hate the bitter below zero days too. I don't like to be cold.

5. bestcee

You must have fabulous natural light! I totally get not wanting to turn on lights and enjoy natural light.

6. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

yes I live in Wisconsin.. where there is bitter cold over half the year!!!! and I hate it! I have always dreamed of living somewhere tropical and warm half the year.. but I am not that lucky..

bestcee likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite weather... anything above 70 degrees.

But I do like the change of seasons that we have here in Ohio. I can do without lots of snow and cold all winter long. One good snowfall a year works for me but the constant is just nuts. (At least I don't have to go out if I don't want anymore). I don't mind thunderstorms and/or rain as long as I'm all cozy in my house. During summer storms I have been known to stand in the garage and watch it rain. Got some great pics over the years!

bestcee likes this.
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I hate Summer. I live in Las Vegas, the desert of Nevada. I'm not a very smart person.

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Sunny and warm! I'd be happy for it to just be that forever lol. Well, I do like a good thunderstorm now and then, but I want to always wear summer clothes and never have to bundle up! I despise cold and snow, and cold for me is anything below 50 :giggle.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  10. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I am a summer baby so love the sunshine and the hot weather. Although living in the UK we don't get much of a summer or hot weather. I absolutely hate the cold and snow, I hibernate in winter and don't venture outside much.

I do like spring when the brighter days come, it means summer is on its way.

11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Absolutely summer ... I love the sunshine ... I love to live outside ... but I also love Spring for the fresh colors in nature ...

12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I love seasons changing....mainly cause I hate really hot and I hate really wet. Perfect time is late February through early April which is our Fall or Autumn and then late September through to late November sometimes early December which is our Spring. Sure its changeable weather but its not stinking hot or super cold and wet usually but the weather anytime of year can change on a dime here....I often joke if I go into the city which is nearly an hour train ride, I can go through two or three weather changes easily.

wvsandy likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I like cool and cold best. If summer didn't have humidity, I might be ok with it. I do prefer weather when you can wear sweaters and get cozy. Gray days are ok with me too as we have lots of windows in our main living area so it's never really dark. But if we get more than a week of overcast/rain I'm ready for sun. Apparently my 7 years in the north of England conditioned me to see dark/rain/overcast as normal weather.

14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I like weather. Now that I can watch it from the comfort of my home I like it all.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Number one most important weather to me is sunshine. I'm fine with a huge range of temperatures, as long as it's sunny.
    [​IMG]

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I love all the seasons. We live in NC and while I don't always enjoy our long hot humid summers, I do love our Fall and Winter. Spring here is short and sweet because once the humidity turns on, the heat does too. Our Fall is long, like September through November (warm, sunny, and no humidity). Winter is mild - IF we get snow it is usually in January or February. Lots of sunny days in the winter and that makes me happy.

Right now we are having 70's this week and it is wonderful to be without a coat - even wore shorts yesterday. But next week are back to the 50s and 60s with almost freezing at night. Last frost is typically around April 8 so we have a way yet. Meanwhile, the flowers have started blooming! All the birds are back and the humidity is off.

Notice a theme yet? Yeah, I don't like the humidity although it does make my hair curl like crazy and that is cute.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm about the same as you @bestcee

I like the changes of season, hate cold but enjoy a snow or two and then I'm done, and I do like a good thunderstorm...but not too much rain. I grew up in FL where there was ALWAYS an afternoon thunderstorm. I miss those (although I don't miss hurricanes).

bestcee likes this.
  18. jenny

jenny jenny

Warm and sunny with a breeze. During the summer or fall months, as long as I don't need to bundle up and dress in layers.

19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I love winter for the first two months or so. Problem is, where I live (Ottawa, Canada), winter lasts about 5 months or so. It gets a bit dreary and tiresome by mid-February, let me tell you...!

That said, I don't love the heat and humidity, much less the mosquitoes, of high summer in July.

I love autumn and spring the best, I think: moderate, transitional temperatures, and the promise of something new!

20. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Lol - this made me laugh because I’ve been to Vegas in the summer - it was SO HOT!