Changing word art

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 6, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've wanted to use a piece of word art from an old Mommyish collab kit (Your Mom Goes to College with Wildheart Designs) for awhile now.
    folder2.jpg

The word art is almost perfect but want to remove part of it as it doesn't apply to me and shift part of the word art around but it appears pre-shadowed and slightly layered. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? I want to remove the wife and mother bit and shift the next part up. To be quite honest I'm not sure its doable but wanted to ask before I totally give the idea up.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 054650.png

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It is very doable.. is that all one pice of word art?

3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Do you use photoshope? I would use the erraser and errase the parts you don't want and than use the little box and hand and move the other part up.. if that makes sense?

4. littlekiwi

yep its one piece of word art

5. littlekiwi

I know how to modify word art using PSE but when its layered like this and already has some shadow work thats when I'm unsure

6. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

So you want it to read, "You think you're busy? I'm a student! Beat that!" If so, I'd use the marquee tool to cut out "student" close to the letters so you're not getting any of the shadowing. Layer via cut and plop it on top of "wife, etc".. Then use the marquee tool to cut out Beat That as close to the shadow as you can, but this time including the entire edge of the strip since you need more length on the strip itself. Then you'll need to finagle the angle of the second piece you cut to line up appropriately, and maybe do some cleaning up along the edges, but you should be able to get something to work.

upload_2021-3-6_11-10-31.png

Tree City and cfile like this.
  7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

You could always copy words you want and place over the other words.. and than delete the rest?? using erraser

8. cfile

@littlekiwi
    add a new layer above the word art layer.
    Use your lasso tool and outline around the wife & mother
    on the layer above the word art, flood fill your selection with the paint color from the label.

after that is done, on your word art layer, you are going to want to lasso the student and beat that and do edit copy
    then go to the layer where you flood filled with paint.. paste that word art onto the new layer.

now just use the lasso again and lasso the bottom strip... once selected, press delete.

Your word art should be the way you want. Merge together or link them so you can move it all together to where you want it placed on your layout.

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

bestcee, flowersgal and sm_amber like this.
  10. cfile

@littlekiwi Jennifer.. I played with it a bit in PSE and this was what I ended up with
    upload_2021-3-6_12-36-27.png

littlekiwi likes this.
  11. cfile

@little Kiwi you can also search for a collegiate style font and replace the grad school with that font if you wanted everything to match

littlekiwi likes this.
  12. cfile

@littlekiwi Jennifer you can also do something like this to give it more umph too
    upload_2021-3-6_12-41-38.png

Angela Toucan and littlekiwi like this.
  13. littlekiwi

@cfile, I'll probably end up using some of Allison's Studious products with this kit anyway so its not a huge issue to me to mix and match. Thank you for trying it out as well though. As soon as I spotted the word art I was like yep, I want to use this....sometimes there is just that one thing saying use me!

cfile likes this.
  14. cfile

Have fun!

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

16. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart