It's Starting to Feel Like Spring!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, Mar 3, 2021.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Oh golly gosh! all the snow is melting.. and it has been in the 40's all week so far here in Wisconsin! it is starting to actually feel like spring! .. but being from Wisconsin we often know that mother nature likes to play tricks and can be an evil b*tch and turn on us fast.. so I am soaking up every single second of wonderful fresh air... and warmth before she turns on us again! *L*

how is the weather where you are?? is spring in the air?

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Today is decent. High 40's/low 50's. Back to low 40's for a couple days then we might get in the 50's for awhile. I do see 60 listed for one day next week but then that is a week away...

The snow is gone, even the snow on my patio that is the north side of the house! Our Feb 2nd snow had not even melted because temps were too cold before the big snowstorm on the 16th. But now it is all gone since temps have gotten above freezing. Of course, the rain over the weekend helped as well. That will get rid of snow.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm in Northwest Florida, the Panhandle, and if it's in the 40s during the day, it's cold here! Right now it's 54 and will hit a high of 63 and then dip back down into the 40s for the overnight hours. The rest of the week is pretty much the same, although tomorrow we'll lose the cloudy skies and have more sunshine, and the temp will rise to the low 70's. I'll likely open a window or two to freshen up the house.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We are about the same here in Michigan... been in the 40s and the snow is melting. More importantly the sun has been shining and I love that! :agree

AJK and dotcomkari like this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Today was nice in the sun. It got up to about 60. A couple of days last week it was really nice and warm (a little tease) and then it got cold again and now I think it's getting nice again.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Spring is DEFINITELY near! Saw these at Lowe's on Sunday,
    IMG_0758.jpg IMG_0757(1).jpg
    and THIS----> happened this morning right after breakfast --
    IMG_0818.jpg
    a whole flock of robins came to munch on the Holly berries! There were 12 on the bush just before I grabbed my phone!

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Facebook & Instagram showed me about 6 ads from different companies for towels that don't get sandy at the beach. It must be spring!!

That said, my daffodils in the backyard are blooming while the ones out front are only thinking about it.

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

the crocuses and snowdrops think that spring is in the air.

Normally it's not easy to see the changing season here being a temperate Country with wet, some wet, and yet even more wet. This year we had a particularly cold winter, so it's nice that it's starting to warm up now. Having more clear days now than inside the cloud days too which is our normal sign that Spring is starting to come.

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Nope, nor is Autumn (yet), but the madness that was summer is easing. It's still warm and pleasant out and about, the covid restrictions are lifting and the birds are still singing.

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We are in the 50's here and finally sunny this week!! It is glorious!! I washed my car yesterday for the first time in months!!

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It was near 70 today! NO trace of the unprecedented snow - and it definitely feels like spring.

12. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

It's currently about 12F (about -10C) here [Ottawa, Canada]; my car is covered in icicles; and there's about a foot and a half (about 45 cm) of snow in my backyard.

So looking forward to spring! but not yet feeling it ...

13. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Here in South Wales, UK Spring is defiantly starting to appear. The daffodils are starting to bloom, and the trees are starting to turn green. However the sunshine outside is still deceiving as its still cold. Its currently 6C so not warm enough for me to turn my heating off just yet. But its so nice to see the sunshine and blue skies, and actually start pegging washing out to dry in the breeze.

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Pretty much the same in New Zealand....the stifling heat and humidity is finally easing so its kind of my fave time of year (late summer but not quite autumn and late spring but not quite summer - the weather for the most part is good but not so hot)