oh bother | pad patter 2.23.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 23, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My oldest DD is notorious for popping her knuckles. Once she starts she has to pop each finger and if she's not wearing shoes, she pops her toes too... EWW! It absolutely drives me nuts! She'll come in to talk to me and start popping her knuckles while she asks me a question. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. The popping sound makes me hurt... probably because I have sore joints to begin with. :giggle

How about you... does it bother you if someone pops their knuckles near you?

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Daniel does this occasionally. I think if he did it all the time, it would bother me, but it's a rare occurrence in front of me.

Now, talk to me about chewing noises . . . :attention

BevG, Cherylndesigns and keepscrappin like this.
  3. keepscrappin

oh yes... chewing noises and chewing with their mouth open bother me too! :overreact

gonewiththewind likes this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

My sister used to pop her wrists all the time. Not only would you get the awful noise but you have these karate-like hands going everywhere!
    Remember that her talking to you is more important than any nerve-wracking habits of hers.

michelepixels and keepscrappin like this.
  5. keepscrappin

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Her talking to me is the most important! :agree Now that she's older we talk more and I'm glad she's living at home doing online college so we can spend more time together.

Donitab likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I hate that sound as well! My daughter was always bad for doing it, too!!
    But I'm with Cheryl on the chewing...that drives me up a wall!!

gonewiththewind and keepscrappin like this.
  7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Annoying habit, and I worry about joint damage and causing arthritis although that notion was debunked long ago. My husband is a chronic whistler. I didn’t even know it until I got more powerful hearing aids that picked up the high frequencies!

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Your story reminded me of my grade school principal Sister Rosemary who had terrible gnarled fingers. Whenever someone would crack their knuckles she would show her gnarled hands and say this is what happens when you crack your knuckles. As a grade schooler it was a nightmarish visual.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

My kids will pop their knuckles on occasion and it doesn't bother me too much. DS, however, will sit on the floor and twist to do his back. That loud crunch as the cracks run up his spine gives me the heebie jeebies! :scared :lol Sometimes my ankles will pop a bit as I walk, but I've never been able to deliberately pop any of my joints.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh I can't stand that noise but chewing it's the one that takes me down. I can't stand it, my knees buckle!

gonewiththewind and keepscrappin like this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My youngest dd cracks hers all the time. I've gotten used to it over the years - now - chewing and other similar sounds - @gonewiththewind - don't get me started.

But, I digress. Mine never cracked until about a year ago and now I get it. I have one finger that I absolutely HAVE to crack if I feel it jam up. Now, I get it. My DD used to say "but I HAVE to".

keepscrappin and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My middlest does this, cracks his knuckles, pops his back.
    But my vote goes with everyone else - chewing, chewing gum and talking.
    Just a hard no from me.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The sounds of cracking knuckles doesn't really bother me, but since I'm starting to have arthritis in some of my finger joints and a couple of my toe joints, it makes me cringe because of that. Even if that doesn't actually cause it, it makes me think of it. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

My youngest does this occasionally, it is usually stretching his hands and he doesn't do it often. So, rn, it doesn't bother me, lol!

My annoyance is constant clearing of the throat... like every 1-2 minutes for 1/2 hour. Seriously. Ugh... it's my coworker too. Drives me bonkers.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I pop my shoulders but I guess I don't mind the noise too much. Now, I do have a teenager that thinks it would be funny to try and pop my toes for me, and I don't like that. AND, the chewing sounds are driving me batty... I can't really remember if they bothered me pre-covid, but right now, I feel like I could murder a loud chewer in their sleep! I probably won't but it's annoying me greatly these days, lol...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

The popping doesn't really bother me. But chewing does!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Put me down as another person bothered by chewing. I have to leave the room, literally. I can only tolerate it if I am also eating at the same time.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Any kind of extraneous miscellaneous noise bugs me and my husband excels at them. Also jiggling legs - especially if it jostles where I'm sitting.

keepscrappin likes this.