Prayers and good thoughts please

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That's horrible, Jennifer! I'm thinking of you both and sending you lots of positive vibes.

2. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh my God, I can't imagine being in that situation.. I am speechless.. it's truly awful to have someone coming stealing from our home, let alone coming in TWICE.. oh Jennifer, I pray that may you and your mum be safe and protected from any harm. Please let us know if there's any way we can help you.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh! That's so scary! I'm so sorry this happened to you twice. I can only imagine the fear that it could happen again. I sure hope they catch them!

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well it’s been 2 days now and all ok so far.....I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch yet, I want to get through Sunday and Monday coming up which were the two nights that it happened this week before I’ll relax fully.

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  5. littlekiwi

Tough day today.....nothing happened as such but the delayed psychological trauma so to speak has really hit us hard today in particular for my mum who had to do a couple of errands outside the house for the first time since everything happened.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'm praying that this never happens again. I hope the criminals get what's coming to them.

7. littlekiwi

That would be amazing but the chance of that isn’t high as the forensic/fingerprints woman said there wasn’t many fingerprints on where the **** pushed up against an interior door so our only hope is they found fingerprints on the point of entry and they match up with the weapon cover that was left behind. Even then the chances of them finding them isn’t high. It’s not like they can use the tech they stole....laptop is password protected, I’ve removed the antivirus software remotely and with the iPad....I’ve disabled it, it’s pin protected and cause they left the charger behind its dead anyway.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

Think we are over the worst of things now being a week post the 2nd invasion. All of your positive thoughts and prayers were much appreciated over the past week so thank you everyone.

umyesh and QuiltyMom like this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I am so sorry that you had to go through this - twice! I had someone break into my apartment when I was at work, and it was very unnerving. It was a secure building, too. I pray you and your mom will feel a continued sense of peace as time goes by.

10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

That is so horrible! I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this. My prayers are with you!

11. littlekiwi

OMG, we had another two attempted break ins about an hour ago but this time my mum was home to scare them off. We’ve spoken to police who are patrolling the area. Nothing was damaged or stolen but I’m very shaken thanks to flashbacks to what happened last November with the two home intrusions and burglaries.

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Oh my goodness Jennifer, I pray for peace and safety for you.

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh my gosh Jennifer. I am so sorry you are having these issues. I hope they patrol better and catch who is doing this.. Prayers your way. That is why we have an alarm here.. Hubby used to go on business trips right after we moved here and not knowing anyone I did not want to be by myself without an alarm. So scary and glad this time they were scared off. Do you have any lights that are motion sensitive on the outside of the house? If they know they would be highlighted with the lights coming on, that might be a deterent as well. Be safe.

14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jennifer, I can understand your fears. I hope that this will stop happening for you and your mother.

15. littlekiwi

@cfile unfortunately it’s happening when one or both of us are home so we can’t alarm but we will be sorting out the motion sensor light on the corner of our building facing out to our driveway in the next day or so.

16. littlekiwi

I hope so too, 4th lot of destruction, theft or invasion in 6 months is not fun and no good for the stress levels either!

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

We use the alarm when we are home.. in the stay mode so we can walk around the house.. If a door or window open it will go off. Glad you will get the sensors sorted

18. littlekiwi

this incident didn’t get any worse than idiots coming up our outside stairs yelling then running off twice at a mad sprint. I don’t think they thought anyone was home or going to call the police but it was around 9pm so 6/7 days we are both home then. My mum dealt with the idiots by telling them to get off the property and that we were calling police while staying safely inside while I was on the phone to the police.

cfile likes this.
  19. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Prayers for you and your mom - once is bad enough, but twice! So sorry you went through this.

20. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

This is awful. I'm sorry this has happened to you and your mum.