Random scrappy questions

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Feb 20, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

For designers in terms of Creative teams.....how do you feel about CT members mixing and matching either kits or in some cases designers? I know for me personally its one of the reasons I don't tend to put myself up for calls.....I mix and match way way too much.

Secondly.....does anyone know of any open galleries these days? I know back in the day there was Digi Scrap Talk and I think My Scrapbook Art. Wanting to combine my fave (and best) layouts somewhere so that I have a show case of sorts with all my layouts together from all stores. Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I could achieve that

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My experience on a CT is that you do a layout for the specific kit (or template if a template designer) they will be selling/highlighting at a specific time. You get the kit for free to use it and promote it. Personal use, they didn't care but CT work they did.

Don't know about open galleries since I don't post layouts anywhere these days!

cfile likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

Thanks @HavaDrPepper - will have to see if I can scrap with a single kit then because if not that could be a problem

4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

@littlekiwi it might depend on how public you want it. You could create Pinterest board with pins of your layouts from whatever store gallery they are in. As for open galleries? I can't remember the name of the one that transitioned layouts from 2Peas -- scrapbook.com? or if it is still around.

5. elseepe

I also still have some on flickr, but I think their terms have changed -- but they did have some groups you could post to for sharing, but you could certainly have a private area for all of your layouts.

6. elseepe

It's been a while since I was on a CT, but primarily as a CT member you are promoting the designer's work. So if you are CTing for a template designer, there is probably more leeway to using different kits (but those would come from your personal stash).

When I did CT for a designer, I would take the new kit, go through and just pull everything that I liked onto my layout and start arranging, turning off things -- using as much of it as I could to give viewers the opportunity to see what was in the kit.

cfile likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm exploring an open gallery at the moment called JustArt. To post CT pages you have to take part in at least 3 of their challenges a month. They expect CT members to be active in order to post there. You can use your CT kits in the challenges if you want to. Max layouts upload per day is 3. There is a special area in the gallery for posting CT pages.

8. littlekiwi

doesn't have to be a gallery as such but a place where I can have a place where my best stuff is for "selling myself" for lack of a better word in any CT applications....sure I'll still have my store galleries but this was just something that I've been thinking about

9. elseepe

A pinterest board or Flickr then would work -- Just create a board or album for your "best" work that you want to point to. I could see Google photos working for this too. Pinterest might be easiest if what you have is already posted to galleries because then you just pin those to your CT application board

bestcee and littlekiwi like this.
  10. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Gingerscraps.net
    Pixelscrapper
    Scrapbook.com
    Are all free galleries where you can post anything

A-M and littlekiwi like this.
  11. littlekiwi

Thank you both

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

The designer that you are applying for the CT for can tell you regarding mixing with others... for example it usually is ok during a BYOC however for me for as long as I had been CTing for designers prior to becoming a Polly and even now as I am still on some of those same CT's I like to keep the one designer's items on the page instead of mixing designers. This way that designer markets their kits in their newsletters that way. Of course the Mixed Media Monthly is a mix for me sometime with the M3 Add Ons for a designer mixed with the M3 Main.. Always ask the designer you are on the CT for if they mind and they will tell you. Of course with a template designer like FDD or SWL generally they have no issues as you need to mixed designer elements and papers with their templates. ....

As far as open galleries, I still use DST as an open gallery besides FB groups when advertising product for TLP & Designers.

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

You could also create a blog or website to showcase your pages. I use Smugmug. See my scrapbook galleries at https://www.michelekendzie.com (though I haven't updated it since last summer). I've also used Wordpress a lot in the last couple of decades, which would be a free option.

14. littlekiwi

@cfile I didn't know DST still existed, thats how long ago I went there last!

cfile likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

DST is still up and running. I post there, along with scrapbook.com and gingerscraps. You can post on IG and tag the designer/store. I also post my LOs to a personal pinterest board and smugmug (but that one is not free).