Hi from The Netherlands

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Mama_more, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Mama_more

Mama_more New Member

Hi everyone!

I'm a single mom of 2 from The Netherlands and I love being creative. I just can't work with big projects I guess. I love my Travelers Notebook, here I journal my holidays with photo's.

Just decided that I wanted to start with digital project life /scrapping :) Years ago I started behind my desk filled with kits, page protectors and printed photo's but I never made through the first month (or just a December daily). Still have all the stuff but I just can't find the feeling anymore.. so I decided to give the digital version a try...

I'm searching for a base kit which I can use the whole year and add with small kits/extra's along the way (preferably from 1 designer). What are your favorites?

Vrielinkie, wendy85, JenEm and 2 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to The Lilypad & to the world of digiscrapping & maybe hybrid. Memory Pockets Monthly (shortened to MPM) sounds like it might be a good place to start looking at- it's by a small group of designers that often make add-ons that expand the potential of each month's MPM pack.
    Some of the designers, like Just Jaimee 's Storytellers, have monthly kits that would suit what you've described & most also make pocket cards which are perfect for digital project life but the monthly BYOC's (where all the designers release coordinating products using the same colour palette on the first Friday of every month) might work for you too.
    I'll come back with some links for you (my phone battery is flashing at me)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Dalis likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So this is MPM https://the-lilypad.com/store/Memory-Pockets-Monthly/
    and it has a foundation/base pack full of neutrals, designed to coordinate with every month & it's perfectly named Foundation! This is the newest addition to the Foundation line
    [​IMG] .... and the other Foundation packs are all here
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/FOUNDATION/

And there is a whole section of the store dedicated to Pocket style, & it's full of templates and goodies to suit every style from clean to artsy so it's a good place to browse thru to try to figure out what suits your needs
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pocket-Scrapping/

cfile likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Looks like Justine directed in the right place for the Monthly Pocket kits and there are a ton of different collections to choose from in there depending on what colors you like. There's also tons and tons of journal cards to fit in your pockets too. And if you would like templates to mimic the Project Life style pockets we have those too...

[​IMG]

and others:
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pockets-No.5-Squared.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pockets-No.4-The-Templates.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pockets-No.6-Stitched.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pockets-No.7-More-Basics.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sewn-Pockets.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Pockets-No.9.html

And welcome to The Lilypad!

A-M likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Welcome to the Lilypad.
    I love the foundations set that Justine linked you up to.
    I would suggest get something like that with fabulous neutrals and then as the seasons change, you add spring colours, wintery blues etc to stretch your stash. Also look out for the 50% off deals on Wednesdays. Great deals to be had there.
    It's not one designer but the style is very similar from month to month, with seasonal themes and colours.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad! There are lots of us doing various forms of "Project Life". Looking through the Pocket Scrapping Gallery would be helpful to you and give you some ideas and inspiration. Pocket Scrapping | The Lilypad (the-lilypad.com) It will also give you a chance to see what different templates are used. Just look in the credits.

We're happy to have you! We also have a forum for Project 365/52/etc. where you can take part in various discussions. You can also add your pages in the various months. Here's the link: Project Life/365/52 | The Lilypad (the-lilypad.com) Hope to see you there!

7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

hello and welcome.
    I use Lynn Grieveson's pocket templates for my PL pages. She's the featured designer today - everything 40% off.

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome to TLP! You've gotten some great suggestions so far. Hope you find something you love!

9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Welcome! I don't have any suggestions but I hope you find what you're looking for here at The Lilypad!

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome! You've gotten good suggestions for scrapping daily life.

If you are looking for something to take the place of your holiday memories, also check out our Document Your December lines. Each year, the designers create coordinating pieces for a large collection, perfect for documenting holiday memories.

Again, welcome, and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!

11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome to the Lily Pad. I hope you find want you need in the store. We have a wonderful variety of designers.

12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi and welcome to the Lilypad! I was also going to recommend the FOUNDATION line of the Memory Pockets Monthly.

I use Allison Pennington's Subfloors on almost every page!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I've had my eye on Sara Gleason's Story Cards for a long time:
    [​IMG]

Of course there are also her Story Seeds:
    [​IMG]

And Sahlin Studio's All About This stamps:
    [​IMG]

The whole Foundation line is amazing, including the base kits and the add-ons. You really can't go wrong with this set.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oooh everyone jumped in with the best suggestions!! And yes, like Cheryl said, please do jump in to our Project Life/365/52 forum and share your pages or just hang out and chat with us!

14. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! I'm also from The Netherlands. I'm not a project life scrapper, but I'm sure you can find something you like in the store.

15. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Hello and welcome!

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome! You’ve gotten some great suggestions. A monthly subscription might be a good idea, get you motivated each month to create some pages. There are new releases in the store every week, on sale, for the wkend. There is also a sale (SOSN, 50% sale) every Wednesday to get some great deals to help build up your supplies. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have.

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

welcome! good luck with your digital PL project! we are here if you have ?s. love the suggestions so far ... like @bellbird said - I was going to say Just Jaimee's Pocket storyteller kits or MPM (even if you don't do the subscription - buying the kits a la carte - depending on what colors you are looking for is a good idea!)

bellbird likes this.
  18. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hi and welcome to The Pad. You have already received some great suggestions. Glad you have joined us. :)

19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi there! Welcome to TLP! I see the suggestions that you've gotten. Give a shout if your looking for more specific items, colors, themes or just more! It's addictive! :)

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I think Justine might be right on the money if you want to print. There are so many options. I was just looking for some cards and fell down the rabbit hole for 1 hr! LOL!!!