New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Claire and welcome to The Pad! It's so exciting that you've just started digi scrapbook! There's lots of help here if you have any questions. Glad you joined us!

Claire Grantham likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

welcome! Holler if you need anything.

3. theurbandisplay

theurbandisplay CT - Paislee Press

Hello! I’m new here
    I’m sure it has been explained somewhere, but maybe someone knows how many messages I need to post before I can upload an image?
    All the best, Kathi

sharonb, HeatherB and cfile like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Kathi, HERE are the rules but I am not sure if it lists about the number of messages.

I just went looking and somewhere is says you need 5 or 10 posts.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    theurbandisplay and Karen like this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thanks @A-M ! And yes, I think it's 5 posts, just to keep the spammers away. It looks like you're able to upload layouts now too @theurbandisplay :agree

theurbandisplay likes this.
  6. theurbandisplay

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome to TLP!!!

8. theurbandisplay

Thanks! Hi

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Kathi!!

10. Kim Bartholomew

Kim Bartholomew New Member

I'm Kim from Queensland Australia. I'm still new here. Taking a while to be comfortable showing my attempts.

HeatherB likes this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Kathi and welcome to the Lilypad!

12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Kim, welcome to the Lilypad!! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery! :)

13. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

14. myka

myka Well-Known Member

Hi there, new here, just one question... where is the info that explains the challenges, for the most part I can figure it out, but what does BYOC mean and other acronyms? I'm sure there is a post explaining all this, I haven't found it yet. Thank so much.

sharonb and Karen like this.
  15. Karen

Hello and welcome to the Lilypad! BYOC stands for Build Your Own Collection. All of the designers work from a color palette and make coordinating products that release on the first Friday of the month. (it's my favorite!) Here's a look at the BYOC for July: https://the-lilypad.com/store/BYOC-JULY21/

I did find one thread about some other abbreviations that might interest you. I know there's one somewhere with the BYOC stuff too... I'll keep looking. :giggle

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/ppp-polly-project-pages-and-other-abbreviations.27515/

16. Karen

17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Welcome Myka! I hope you enjoy the challenges!

18. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I'm not really new... but I've been away for a couple years. Life happened... about a year before the shutdowns here, I started working part time. That turned into full time and well, I didn't have as much time to scrap. I'm hoping to make it a priority again...

I got a Windows 10S laptop for Christmas, and hubby does not want me to take it out of S mode. On this desktop I have Photoshop Elements 7, but it is uncomfortable to sit here, and I really want to use my laptop for scrapping... can you recommend a program that is 10S compatible for scrapping? One that is not too expensive. Thank you!

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I remember you!!!!!
    welcome back!!!!!
    Unfortunately, I scrap on a great program but is not made anymore...it would probably work because I m on an old computer on Windows XP.......
    I think there are a LOT of girls here who scrap on something (can;'t remember the same) I ll find out for you,
    I know there was something else call ScrapbookMax, but not sure if is still made, and it was basic..... ion you are used to PS.... maybe Affinity?
    @Angela Toucan scraps on it, I think...
    if she doesn't see this, drop her a line one pm, maybe she will be able to help!!!!

weclome back !!! can't wait to see you again more often!!!!

20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Hi, Affinity is a great software package to use. It's a one off payment rather than an on going subscription fee like Adobe software.

Affinity have 3 software packages that can work independently or in combination. I have them all for various reasons. The two main choices for digital scrapbooking if you only wanted a standalone product would be Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. Designer is much more versatile and easier to use and you can do almost anything with it. Photo is more for the photographer with complex photo editing functionality. So unless you want to edit raw photos and do really advanced photo editing techniques I would recommend Affinity Designer. I have written a number of tutorials for scrapbooking with Affinity here at the Lilypad. Message me if you want to know more about how to use the software.

I don't know what the S stands for in Windows 10S, but I'm sure if you contact the Affinity customer services team they would be able to check the operating system compatibility for you. They have free trials.