pancake day | pad patter 2.15.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 16, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

It's national pancake day... YUM! A pile of warm pancakes is just what I need on a yucky, snowy day like today. I love buttermilk pancakes and blueberry pancakes with butter and lots of syrup. I'll even add whipped cream and fresh fruit with I have it. You can't go wrong with pancakes for breakfast, lunch or even dinner! :agree

How about you... how do you like your pancakes?

2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I like oatmeal pancakes with seasonal fruit and some yoghurt ...instead of whipped cream ..

[​IMG]

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  3. keepscrappin

Those look sooo YUMMY with the sprinkling of powdered sugar and fruit! :wub

4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I eat chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate chips between the layers so it melts into a type of chocolate frosting. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Bisquick pancakes ... although I'm not a huge fan of pancakes. I do make them for my grandkids.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m a fan of most pancakes though tend to only have them once in a while for breakfast for dinner as they don’t really sustain me long enough if I have them for breakfast. I actually had apple pancakes with sprinkled sweetener on them last night for dinner.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we like our pancakes savoury - with egg, ham, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms etc cooked on top - French style. We are on a gluten free diet, and we discovered that the traditional Breton pancakes (Brittany) are made with buckwheat. Hubby is currently cooking some for dinner.

cfile, marijke, Donitab and 1 other person like this.
  8. keepscrappin

ooh chocolate chips melting into a type of chocolate frosting... swoon, i'm in love! :wub I've got some chocolate chips in the cupboard calling my name now :giggle

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

The Rotary Club in town has hosted a pancake day to raise money for scholarships for almost 60 years (2020 was year #59). When I worked my employer would buy tickets for all the employees. If we didn't go at lunch time (was hard since we only had 30 minutes), I would stop and pick up a carryout order on my way home from work. The last few years I worked, the Rotary Club actually worked with the company to deliver the carryout orders to the business. They usually have dine-in and carry out but in 2020, they only did the carry out.

It is always held the first Thursday in October so some years it fell on my birthday. Meal included pancakes (all you can eat), link sausages (used to be free extras but they had to start charging for extras!) and drink of your choice... milk, coffee or water. I was one of those that ate extra sausages. Love the pancakes but the fill me up. Have to have lots of butter and syrup on them... and lots of syrup on the sausages as well!

cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  10. keepscrappin

apple pancakes sound good too... ya'll are tempting me with your yummy suggestions. :giggle

11. keepscrappin

Those sounds soooo good and gluten free would help with lowering the carbs too! :agree

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Love mine with cinnamon sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

cinnamon sugar and lemon juice... now that sounds yummy!

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

It's Paczki Day here... so I braved the cold and snow to pick ours up!

I tend to make regular pancakes (bisquick, like @Memaw2Wm) if I make them. We like them with peanut butter in addition to butter and syrup.

I made a sheet pan pancake for the first time over Christmas break and it was sooooo good!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/lemon-blueberry-sheet-pan-pancakes/

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

I bet your grandkids love em! My mom and grandma always used Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix so that's what I use for my family too.... brings back memories!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  16. keepscrappin

oh these look divine! I used to make a lemon blueberry bread with a lemon glaze, but I haven't seen the recipe in years. I think it was in a taste of home magazine that probably got tossed... oops!

17. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Was just looking through my cupboard for dinner ideas for tomorrow (today's is in the crockpot) and I saw a couple of boxes of Hungry Jack Potato Pancake mix. I bet those would be soft enough for my soft food diet. Now those I smother in apple sauce. I know they aren't the same as real German potato pancakes but for this non-cook, they suffice!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Oh man, I missed pancake day!?!

There's a great old pancake house down the street from me. It's been there since 1959, good old traditional pancake house. All the furniture is sturdy oak. The busboys are so attentive. For some reason they sell Beanie Babies in the lobby. Lol! Anyway, I love their Swedish pancakes. They come with the most amazing lingonberry butter. You seriously waddle out of there, but it's all just so good.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

You didn't miss pancake day Jess, it's today! Have pancakes for dinner! :giggle

jesskab likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

oh german pancakes sound good too!