How's the Weather?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, Feb 13, 2021.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

How's the weather where you are???

Here in Wisconsin it is brisk!!! it is currently -6 ... plus the windchill .. so outside it feels about -20 degrees f. It is so cold that even the dog wants to hide under the blankets! (we had to put his boots on today so when we go outside to do his stuff his paws don't crack or get doggy frost bite!)...
    Eric is currently braving the cold for us to pick up some food for lunch today and dinner tomorrow as it is suppose to be EVEN colder tomorrow (they are saying -35!!! :banghead )...

I wish I was somewhere sunny on the beach right now sipping a pina colada instead of hot cocoa!

3BluEyedBabies likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

About 20 here but feels like 20 so not real windy. Temps tomorrow are going to be in the teens with feels like in the single digits. Then the snow will come in after dark.

I got my boots ready and found the dog sweater so if she does want to play in the snow on Monday, I will only have snow balls on her legs. Although she hasn't wanted to be out in it much at all.

As for her doing her thing, I've got her trained to use pee pads in the garage.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

much more comfortable than the past few weeks.....granted it is only 8.30am so the day is still young! Currently its cloudy and 62F/17C, supposed to be 78F/26C so about average for this time of year. At this time of year where I am the killer is the humidity which could take the temperature up again by about 5 or so

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Cold, wet, soggy, gross!
    It's about 35 right now, but we had sleet/ice all night that changed to rain today.
    Good news, I can see a bit of grass in my yard after over a month with snow on it.
    Bad news, we are supposed to get more rounds of this sleet/ice/snow mess this week.

5. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

@dotcomkari a pina colada on the beach sounds wonderful!

It's not quite that cold here in PA, but we have a lot of snow on the ground which is melting slowly, and then refreezes and everyone drags in dirt and salt, and it's just gross and impossible to keep the laundry room floor where we keep our shoes clean. The temp is about 28 degrees out and we might get a 'wintery mix' later tonight.

6. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

It’s been lightly snowing all day. (Southeast Michigan)

Wisconsin weather usually ends up here a couple of days later, after getting changed up a bit crossing Lake Michigan. I hope it’s milder than what you have when it gets here!

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I wouldn't count on it being milder! I'm 90 minutes south of Toledo and the frigid is hitting my area tomorrow. There is a polar vortex covering the middle of the country all the way down to Mexico. Moving to the east over the next few days.

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We've just suffered through the worst of it I think. We've had over a week with the temperatures around -26C to -28C and with the wind chill down to -40C some days. DH had to walk from work to his car and it was -38C with the wind chill and even he said it was cold! I hear that we are going up to -15C next week, and I'm looking forward to it! :) (little joys of winter).

9. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Its been around -15 C every morning this week. It generally "warms" up to about -10 C. I've barely stepped out of the house all week, except for groceries and to have lunch with my mom and dd, definitely no walks happening!

10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Yikes!! That's really not fun!!

HeatherB likes this.
  11. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

It's cold! I live in Arkansas and we're not used to a lot of cold. It's currently 14F/-10C with a windchill of 1F/-17C. It's supposed to snow this week and be even colder. I think we have a high of 7F forecasted on Monday and an overnight low of -6F. Everything's still covered in ice from last week; so the snow this week could make it interesting.

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Wow, it's COLD near a lot of you! I'm in Virginia, near DC. It's a few degrees colder than usual, but nothing extreme--I think our high today was about 30F. We got a mix of freezing rain and sleet all day, so it's icy.

13. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

With wind chill -45 C but it should be summer next weekend -4 C... looking forward to getting out.

HeatherB likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're in that Polar Vortex! Horribly cold and not normal! This whole section of the country is frigid!

Donitab likes this.
  15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

In Belgium the past week was cold ... Sunday and Monday it snowed ... it was gray weather ...From Wednesday the sun was shining but it remained very cold .. at night temperatures down to - 11 ° C - during the day the mercury did not rise above zero.From Friday the wind started to blow and it feels even colder ... but today it would get softer ... but ... from tomorrow it starts to rain again ... means that tomorrow it will be very slippery ... the second half of next week, temperatures will rise to 10 ° C ...

16. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

Hot and humid here in Durban, South Africa! Although it started raining a couple of minutes ago so it's cooled down to a more bearable 25C (77F).

I'm willing to trade Pina Coladas for some snow!

Donitab and HeatherB like this.
  17. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Is been pretty cold all week, all the way down to single digits and a negative wind chill in the middle of the day; I don't want it to get any colder! LOL I tend to burrow in when it's "extemely" warm (above 86 degF or so, depending on humidity) or extremely cold (below 16 degF or so, depending on wind chill.)

(Extremely is in quotes because it is subjective. LOL Those are my I-don't-care-how-wound-up-the-dogs-are-we-are-not-taking-a-long-walk" temperatures. We have a relatively large yard, with the backyard down a hill, so I will walk them all around the house every time they go out, down the hill and up again, for minimal exercise. I just won't do the 1-3 mile walks that I'm trying to make into a habit.)

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

@dotcomkari, where in Wisconsin are you? It's -12 here in Neenah.

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm in La crosse

bonnenuit likes this.
  20. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I've been monitoring...

At 4 a.m. it was -9 F / -23 C
    At 5 a.m. it was -7 F / -22 C
    At 8 a.m. it was -6 F / -21 C

And all without the wind chill which they say brings it down to -24 F / -31 C and colder.
    Earlier this week it was -13 F.

HeatherB likes this.