PS CC - Loading multiple items at once into workspace w/ Script Load Files Into Stack

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by cfile, Feb 12, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

In PSCC you can also use a script to load more files into your workspace.

File > Scripts > Load Files Into Stack
    [​IMG]

When box opens up "Load Layers" choose BROWSE (click the create smart Object box at bottom if you want them to open as a smart object) ** see note at the end of tutorial **
    [​IMG]

It will then open your files.. choose the file you want.. my example I am choosing Gina Miller's J'Adore Elements. Holding down the Ctrl button on PC (cmmd on mac) I just go through and click on the elements I want, so they are all highlighted. Click at the bottom OPEN when you have chosen all your files you want in your workspace.
    [​IMG]

It then shows all the files you have chosen.
    [​IMG]
    If you want to add the papers which is in a different file, click browse again and choose the papers or elements from someplace else or if you are done, click OK

[​IMG]
    This now shows the papers added too. Press OK when you are through loading the elements/papers you want

[​IMG]

It will put them all together... then go to your layer and double click on the smart layer icon inside the layer window.. this will open a psb file with all the elements and papers on seperate layers in a psb file
    [​IMG]

As a psb file, the layers are all there with with what you have chosen so you can work as you wish :)
    [​IMG]

[**NOTE: If in your Load you do not click open as smart object you will not have the extra step of unpacking it by double clicking on the smart object icon in the layer panel.**]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

thank you so much for this tutorial!! I'm used to load by dragging the files into my workspace...but I love to learn the proper way!!

Cherylndesigns and cfile like this.
  3. cfile

I don't use this normally as I only like one at a time :) Cheryl @Cherylndesigns mentioned it so that is why I posted it :) Hugs (not sure how the early versions work.. Anne-Marie says it worked with her CS6).

Cherylndesigns and Ferdy like this.
  4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

So does this load in the order that you select? Could it be used to add template png files in the correct order? I'll have to try it out.

cfile and cinderella like this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

They are in alphabetical order.

cfile likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh wow I'm SO happy that I posted this issue that I was having with CC!! I guess I'm not the only one. Christa, thank you, thank you, thank you for always coming through with the CC questions (and everything else)!!! I'm bookmarking this right now and I will definitely be learning how to do this! :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

cfile likes this.
  7. cfile

I am not sure.. I just selected a bunch and then went back in and chose some papers and then ran it.. It put the papers at the bottom. It I think might do the template pngs in correct order.. try it :)

8. cfile

ah thanks Cindy! It might do alpha and then file type?

9. cfile

Hugs you are so welcome my friend!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

It works in PS CC. You need to check "Attempt to automatically align source images" Then as soon as it loads Save the document as a .psd file and close. Open the new copy and go to work. Otherwise it does some funny things probably due to memory issues. If you forget to check the align box then it aligns everything to the upper left corner and you have to move it all around.

cfile likes this.
  11. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Love this tip!! Thanks so much Christa! I'm still used to Elements and just dragged all my files from ACDSee to my palette bin. Its one thing I've disliked about PSCC that its so awkward to bring multiple different files in to my workspace.

cfile likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I was so used to PSE and pulling things into the project bin and I thought that I would really miss it, but now that I'm totally into PSCC, I just drag and drop directly onto my canvas - either single items or I can SHIFT+CLICK or CTRL+CLICK for multiple items to drag onto the canvas.

@wvsandy If you have PSCC, why are you using template PNGs? Curious . . .

13. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Same. I just drag all the elements I want into my canvas.

mcurtt likes this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Sometimes that is all that I have. This is true of many older templates. I've been collecting files for over 15 years. :lol Mostly this was an exercise in curiosity.

gonewiththewind, bestcee and cfile like this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.