Candles | Pad Patter 2.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

bestcee likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So far, I haven't but it's a concern I do have! Thanks for the recommendation.

Donitab likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Candles are what we light when we are load shedding. The rolling power outages for 2 hours once or twice a day, mean we need lights and gas for cooking/boiling water.
    If I have fancy people for dinner we will lay the table with candles, but seldom actually light them.
    I miss the cosyness of the candlelight for ambience.

4. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I love burning candles but find with two border collies in the house, it is to dangerous to leave a candle burning. Instead I have wax melt burners and use granules. They give off an amazing smell and if they get knocked over I have no wax to clean up apart from the small tea light that's used.

I purchased my granules from a company here in the UK and I have lots of scents but my favourites are Kenzo Flower, Fluffy Towels and Parma Violets

5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I just ordered a couple candles from a Texas gal that makes them. I ordered Vanilla Leather and Flannel (Heirloom Mahogany and Soft Musk). I like a masculine candle. My husband doesn't like them, so I have to be careful when I burn them. I have got some great candles at Aldi in the past when I used to shop in person. One was Cedar Firewood and an Aldi Nerd (facebook group) described it as "A sexy lumberjack fresh out of a shower after a long day of falling timber." It was delightful! Even after I burned it all, I kept the candle and pick it up and smell the remains every now and then! :)

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I go through phases with candles. I seem to use them more around the winter holidays (Thanksgiving & Christmas). I think because I like those smells the best & it just seems more cozy that time of year.

7. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I used to buy candles just to look pretty (and never light them) but the last couple of years, I light them all the time! I have a soy one I bought from a local candle maker "Boost" that I light up when I need a boost to focus on my work. It was more expensive than I would normally buy, but it has lasted ages and am going to replace it.

I have to say that the burn rate of candles seems very hit and miss and I hate when they 'tunnel' - I think that is the right expression - when the wax doesn't burn evenly across the surface, but burns like it is tunnelling down the wax. Just before Christmas I bought some silicone moulds and an electric wax melt burner as I have lots of candles saved up which I want to melt down so I can use every last little bit of wax rather than throwing away.

I've not actually done any yet, but I'm determined to put a day aside to make a start!

ETA I don't think you can ever go wrong with Vanilla!