I am sort of sad/disappointed.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Feb 6, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

@chastml and @AliSarah If you enjoy challenges, there is the more open ended monthly challenges. Feb is here.

I am a fan of challenges. They help provide that "focus" MOC provides. But, the only deadline is the end of month...allowing for balance between "life" and the need for creative focus.

The Art Journaling forum is going to be poppin' this year!!!! We have great ideas brewing. Even if this is not your "signature style" I highly recommend art journaling. It is such an open and creative way to hone your scrappin' skills. Why? Because it gets you thinking outside of the box. The creative energies are amazing!

Naturally, MOC pulls in a lot of non-TLP regulars. So many appreciate the creative challenges. It is a wonderful start to a new year. When its over, there is a collective **sigh** and feeling of "what next?" There are many, many ways to keep checking in at TLP, though. Some, are not even scrap oriented...for example, the Reading Pad (which I love).

TLP is an amazing community of women from all around the world! It is such a pleasure to be a part of this community.

LoveItScrapIt, Dalis, Donitab and 7 others like this.
  2. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm still here, too. It does get quiet after MOC. I'm going to try to get the February challenges done. I'm a little worn out from all the scrapping last month. Between MOC, my CT duties, and scrapping for other challenges at another scrap site, I made 65 pages in January! My biggest problem is trying to decide what pictures to scrap!

jesskab, HeatherB, Donitab and 2 others like this.
  3. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

This. 100% this! :giggle

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It does get a lot quieter after MOC and I usually do have a lot to catch up on once it's over. I always hope that more will stay and hang out! For those of you who don't feel as chatty and still want to jump in, there's always a game going on over in the Scrapping Pad.. Pad Praise from the 1-15th and Lilypad Look-a-likes 15-end of the month for chances to win $3 to the store :)

LoveItScrapIt, Donitab, cfile and 4 others like this.
  5. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I’m here. I check in every evening but don’t always post.

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm here in spits and spurts....part of it is less activity here but also after a crazy month I get a bit burnt out. Not only am I scrapping but I am dealing with constant daily fatigue so the tank is only so full....I'd estimate about half full on a good day and near empty during a bad patch. I also have other commitments that I don't always know the full extent of until they land in my lap quite literally....on top of 8 layouts I think it was, I also did 10 job applications last month which take up to 2 hours each plus any associated bits towards job interviews so my small tank of energy has to do a fair bit

gonewiththewind and CaroB71 like this.
  7. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I love the chatty pad and you’ll find me here most days. This was my first MOC and I did need a rest the first few days and then remembered P52 wouldn’t take care of itself and then I needed to get a challenge (or two) done snd well, back to normal! I do enjoy visiting everyone and I find myself saying “well my scrapbook friend in (full in the blank) says “”. I’m always quoting from here. My family probably thinks I have issues. :assslap

bestcee, gonewiththewind and A-M like this.
  8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I miss everyone too. So many new faces are moc. And I truly enjoy the conversations. I'm holding a goal to start more threads this year and get people talking more. I love getting to know each and everyone of you on a personal level. There are so many phenomenal people in the pad...each with their unique story and personality

9. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I'm still here, going to attempt the monthly challenges, designing challenges and I've just discovered the Art Muse challenge.

10. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

MOC 9 was so much fun for me! I had never done the MOC before so it was a bit intimidating at first, but I ended up LOVING it! I think I have had to slow down a bit for February but I am still here and slowly getting around to getting this month's challenges completed!

PS: I only had to slow down my scrapping because my husband didn't have any clean socks in the drawer and he was tired of living out of the clothes basket! LOL!
    Actually, so was I!!!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  11. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Totally sounds like something I would do.

michelepixels likes this.
  12. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I do get REALLY tired after MOC. We have Love Our Designers in February, & I honestly never keep up! It's not because I don't love it here, you know I do. But MOC really takes a lot out of me. I know what you mean though, it can feel like people just come for the giftcard. But, I'm happy to have had them here at all. I'd like to think that every year we get a few that stay like I did in 2014.

janedee, gonewiththewind and A-M like this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

When Covid hit, I thought I'd have much more time available since so many of my activities were canceled. And at first they were. But once Zoom became the thing, I found myself busier than ever because all the organizations I'm involved are still going strong and on top of that I'm now running Zoom meetings for most of them so it means I can't not attend. There are some times when I have the time to hang out here and chat. Other times it's all I can do to pop in, see what's happening, and pop out again.

Memaw2Wm, gonewiththewind and A-M like this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

What? Neglected?

[​IMG]

15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am hoping that some of the gals stay it was fun knowing them through their pages!

gonewiththewind, A-M and elseepe like this.
  16. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Oh, I just checked out all the new photos my daughter has posted of my precious grandson . . . I will be back with some cuteness. Amazing how scrolling through those photos can just melt my heart.

17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Well I'm not chatty, ever, MOC withstanding (actually more reason not to be chatty during MOC because of all the scrapping happening!). I do pop in to the forums most days though, to check I'm not missing anything juicy ;)

Also, I tend to not do much scrapping in February as MOC usually seems to have used up all my creative energy.

I don't care about the lack of housework having been done in January as I do as little as possible at any time!

18. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean! I know I haven't started the February challenges yet, but that's because I'm catching up on all the stuff I didn't do during January!!!! :circles I'll be starting them this week, though.
    MOC is a great challenge idea!

gonewiththewind and A-M like this.
  19. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm still here! Between February and December, posting my layouts in galleries or on social media makes scrapping less fun for me--I put too much pressure on myself when I know other scrappers are going to see my layouts, so I spend forever making little tweaks and trying to perfect them. When only my family and I are going to see them, it's easier to call it good enough and move on. In January I get over that because the challenge of 31 layouts in a month naturally stops me from spending too long or stressing too much over any one of them. Since MOC ended I've still popped into the forums a few times a week, but I'm less active overall.

gonewiththewind, Karen and A-M like this.
  20. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm here, but I'm not here. I had cataract surgery in both eyes this week. On top of that my husband was just diagnosed with stomach cancer, so we're dealing with that.

rach3975, gonewiththewind and A-M like this.