Ready for a nap? | Pad Patter 02.01.2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Feb 1, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Congratulations on a fabulous MOC! <3 So, who is ready for a nap? LOL

What was your favorite challenge or LO you created? Do you take naps? When I was younger, I couldn't take naps at all...but now, I can pretty much fall asleep any time, any where. :hammock

G.J. and cfile like this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm not sure I can choose a fav challenge, they were all so fabulous!
    But, I do choose all the naps! Typically, on the weekend, I plan my day around a nap :giggle. It's like my little reward for doing all the things! I remember feeling so excited when my kids were old enough to fend for themselves for an hour or so while I rested.

Donitab likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I probably have three fave challenges, I can’t choose between the three that @MrsPeel @bestcee and @cfile hosted.

Absolutely loved the All about me challenge that Cynthia hosted
    [​IMG]

Second would be the Tell me a
    story challenge that Courtney hosted mainly because it was a great opportunity to scrap a pretty horrible story.
    [​IMG]

Finally I loved Christa’s clean & simple challenge
    [​IMG]

Actually now that I think about it, Christa’s clean & simple one was probably my absolute fave but the other two weren’t far behind.

As for napping....any type of sleep or rest is almost my fave thing to do....not necessarily because I want to but due to fatigue. I generally rest most days and generally become more “awake” towards late afternoon.

4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

There were so many great challenges but the one that challenged me the most and was a technique I had wanted to try sometime was the 3D sculpture challenge by @AnneofAlamo . I nearly cried when I read it. I thought to myself “no way!”. But perseverance (and a lot of good help here) got me through it and I will definitely try this again - after a whole lot of naps!

QuiltyMom, G.J. and Karen like this.
  5. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

Napping and scrapping - two of my favourite things LOL!
    I haven't had a good nap yet this year! Work has been busy (and there has been MOC)... but my big work project launches next weekend and then I foresee some naps (and lots more scrapping) in my future. ;)

There were so many MOC challenges I loved, but I think @AnneofAlamo extreme shadows was my favorite.

QuiltyMom and cfile like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am with Jan @IntenseMagic it is hard to pick a fav but yes to nap!!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I ended up not finishing, which makes me sad, but I had to accept my physical limitations. Of the ones I completed, this was my favorite. I think it's no surprise that I love flowers. :giggle

As far as naps go, I've always taken them because for a long time I just couldn't sleep at night. Now with my adjustable bed, I shouldn't be napping as much, but radiation fatigue is no joke. I'm STILL napping. I will get up and I'm energetic, and then after 3 hours, I hit a wall. :banghead There's no getting around it so I just give in and have a nap. Sometimes it's short but sometimes it's 2 or 3 hours! Oh, but I do love a nap! And if it's raining, ahhhh, bliss! :cloud9

[​IMG]

Donitab and Karen like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I came in here for the naps! Lol. I used to be a champion napper. I would stay up way too late at night and then need a nap during the day on the weekends. Sometimes I used to run home on my lunch hour and sneak a power nap. Now, I don't seem to need them anymore. It's weird.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

It's hard to pick up a fav, I really enjoyed all of them. Yes to nap :hammock

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I don't know how to answer. LOL I didn't finish MOC, but I'll bet I would want a nap if I did.

Of the ones I completed, my favorite was the first one (blind scrap). The others were too far out of my comfort zone, although every one of them taught me something that I can apply on future layouts.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Napping for the win!!! :circles

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Totally a napper here too. :faint2
    20 mins to 30mins most afternoons if the cats let me.

My fave challenge would have to be Anne's deep shadow one too. It took me such a long time and I used different kits but I had such an amazing sense of accomplishment after it was done.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

My favorite was the mirror reflection because it was such a fun page to make.

I have never been a napper except in August and September back in Iowa when I would take hay fever meds that would make me drowsy every afternoon. Thank goodness I don’t have hay fever living in the Pacific Northwest.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Can I say my favorite challenge was mine? No, just kidding, I don't think I have a favorite.

I do take naps often! I get a half hour lunch at work, so I put on meditation music, set an alarm, & nap. It's especially useful now that we all wake up an hour earlier so I can drop the kids off at my Mom's. So much running on empty.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I dislike picking favorites but I'm not opposed to naps. Generally I don't get around to taking a nap though unless I'm very, very tired.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm a 'would if i could' nap person, when i want them the most in the afternoons, it's usually when the most is going on & i can't.
    As far as MOC, i didn't finish either - i think i did 18 of the challenges but spent longer per page than i would of in a normal MOC year and i really quite liked all the pages i made this year. I think the title made from elements (without alphas or fonts) page that i made for the challenge Liana (yellowpeep) ran, was my fave of the pages i did
    [​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I only got a few MOC LO’s done as the new puppy took up a lot of my time. I did love the challenge with all the flowers. As for naps, I rarely nap unless I’m sick. I always have a million things I want to do so hate to waste the time.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Naps. I can't take them. My mom told me I gave up my naps at 18 months old because I wouldn't sleep that night. It's still that way. If I nap I'll not sleep that night, even if it's just for 5 minutes. I've been in an incurable insomniac all my life and I've learned that I must be on the verge of being tired all day long in order to be able to fall asleep at night, so I make sure I don't get more than 7 hours of sleep a night. Now my husband? He's the King of Naps. Seriously. He flops down on the bed and is OUT. He can do it multiple times a day and still sleep at night. I don't know how he does it!

------------------

This was my favorite challenge - the big shadow one. I simply LOVED looking at what everyone created, too. Everyone's pages were so incredibly imaginative. I'm also thinking that the technique would be a great idea for photobook covers!

[​IMG]

And my favorite page is a bit tougher... I like a lot of them, but it's the memory of this page that tugs strongest at my heart. I remember how happy we all were that day and the fun we had exploring underneath the clouds of cherry blossoms. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock and relive it all over again, you know?

[​IMG]

michelepixels likes this.
  20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

[​IMG]

I love my nap times...me and neelix try taking one at least once a day. He gives me this look around 2 pm and we snuggle in bed and nap at least an hour or two . I always feel so energized and perky after a nap.
    Because of my health I get tried easy and worn out so naps help me feel better
    I love naps