I am sort of sad/disappointed.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Feb 6, 2021.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

This seems to happen every year once MOC is over and it is February so many who take part in MOC disappear????? Where do they all go to ?
    [​IMG]
    Please no one get me wrong in thinking I am being negative but sometimes I think it would be nice to see more of those who only do MOC come and join us in our regular monthly challenges.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    jesskab, dotcomkari, Donitab and 3 others like this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

It makes me sad too. Then everything gets slow and I wi d up not checking in as much cuz there’s no chatter. Ugh.

A-M likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your little guy with the flashlight, Anne-Marie. It always gets quiet around here after the craziness and fun of MOC, that's for sure.

A-M likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think some scrappers just have to take a step back, especially if they aren't used to scrapping daily and/or communicating in a forum on a regular basis. If you look at our monthly challenges though, you'll see we have lots of members that are still here and playing, even if they're not that chatty. I noticed because I created the template for February's Template Challenge and have been peeking in to see what everyone is creating. It's only the 6th and there are 43 replies to that challenge and in December there were 80 replies to the template challenge for the entire month.

I get what you are saying . . . there's a buzz and energy to MOC that I wish would remain BUT then again, that's what makes MOC such a great experience . . . it doesn't happen every day!

I love that you regulars are always here and up for chatter, chats, games, and challenges all year long! :bk

mcurtt, jesskab, Donitab and 8 others like this.
  5. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

still here, and still popping in a bit. My daily scrapping often goes dormant in Feb after MOC, but I am going to try to get to the monthly challenges to keep a bit of momentum going. We are dealing with finishing up some financial transitions related to my early retirement last year and some medical things for hubby.

And it might seem like I'm only here for MOC, in reality I'm probably just lurking a bit between MOCs. Since this is my first year that I'm not working as MOC closes, I'll probably be here more than past years. I don't go anywhere else as I've found that the pad feels like the right place for me to make my scrappy home and I just don't have the desire to pop in multiple places anymore.

In past years when I was working, in Feb after MOC would be the time that I would figure out what got neglected during January and get it squared away.

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I tend to pop in. I don't do monthly challenges - maybe one or two here and there - I like to scrap when I want more now than I used to and the coupons aren't a big draw for me --mostly because I end up never using them or forgetting to use them.
    MOC is special and usually after that I tend to go dormant for a bit too.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think some people are trying to catch up on all of the thing they (I) neglected during the hustle and bustle of MOC! :giggle I'm actually sitting down to scrap right now for the first time since I finished the last MOC challenge on the 31st. I was floundering not knowing which page to work on, since nobody told me what to do each day. Lol!

Carla, Donitab, cfile and 7 others like this.
  8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I haven't disappeared, I'm just catching up on everything non-scrapping related that I neglected during January. I've also been having some back issues at the moment that makes it hard for me to sit at my computer for any length of time, and last month was a tough one!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It's still busier right now than in other forums I've been in over the years.

Also everyone has varying levels of interest in scrapping and chatting and that's okay.

I totally commiserate with you though. The Bart Kissing crown was stolen from me a few years ago, the one time I came close to earning it, by someone who I'd never seen before that NSD/DSD (whichever happens in May) and have never seen again since. Yes, I hold a teeny tiny grudge. :lol2

I've been checking in here at TLP nearly every day since the end of 2015. I think there's always just the right amount of busy-ness, always something new being discussed, and honestly, I'm glad I don't have to Mark Forums Read for the layout threads and MOC challenges before clicking New Posts anymore. :love

10. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

I'm still here. But I'm more of a lurker throughout the year.

gonewiththewind, A-M and dbregant like this.
  11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You can't get rid of me :giggle I have no where else to go. :hehe:heartslub

Although I must say I did not comment much this past year. I was rather :cry and reminders of all things I did not feel like doing were avoided. :hide BUT I am happy to report that MOC gave me my :circlesfor scrapping again. So Here I Am! :dancebun

12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m still around but just quieter than January. Don’t think I’ll be racking up 300+ posts this month!

13. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I'm usually a silent member, not very chatty...but always here! :oops:

14. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am making more of an effort to stay around when it gets slow. I start out with the best of intentions, and then life gets in the way. I have let the world's events take away my scrapping mojo and my time that I would normally spend in the forums. It has been a place free from politics, and sadly, even my beloved scrap communities are now having politics invade. Scrapping used to be my safe space, and I've been hiding out from it all lately.

Your comment made me stop short and think about my part in all of this. If I want a more robust forum and more chatting going on, guess what? I have to chat more!!!

I want to be part of the solution - so that I will be!! :)

15. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

I'm right there with you Karen! Needed to catch up and catch my breath. Ready to dig back in with the monthly challenges starting today!

16. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I'm still checking in every day, but I don't really know when/where to jump in.

17. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I'm trying to stick around... It's hard when there is not a challenge everyday that I must do, lol... I have to balance my time and find the motivation! But, I think it is really good for my kids to come looking for me and find me doing something I won't stop for them! It reminds them I am a real person with real interests!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

Donitab, gonewiththewind, A-M and 2 others like this.
  18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have to say that for me personally MOC is super fun and vibey and after that I still have the worst heat of summer to deal with and it saps my strength. Not only that I have been very busy creating and uploading creative team layouts - this BYOC is amazing. Not only that... and this is when the sale people really ramp up the jargon. We have load shedding again. Which means that we have rolling blackouts when the power goes off twice a day for around 2 hours per time. I have a pc not a laptop so it hits me and cramps my style. I totally want to be back looking through the galleries tomorrow again. But my monthly challenges are done and I need to start on the designers one next and that art muse is also still looming.

Donitab, Nemla, cfile and 4 others like this.
  19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I think what happens is people sit back with a cuppa tea relaxing and look around and wonder where all this clutter and dust came from and then realize they haven’t cleaned for a full month LOL

Donitab, bonnenuit, cfile and 6 others like this.
  20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm still here, spending time in the gallery and in the monthly challenges! But it does get quieter in February though. :)

Donitab, gonewiththewind and A-M like this.