February Random Challenge

Discussion in 'February 2021 Challenges' started by cfile, Jan 27, 2021.

1. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the challenge! I chose to do again day 10 - Title With No Letters.
    [​IMG]

wvsandy and cfile like this.
  2. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I just could not figure out how to do cutouts on the Day 30 Extreme Shadows 3D World challenge. I read and re-read different posts with no luck.

trekmom likes this.
  3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I ended up doing 2 MOC challenges in one layout. I wanted to do the stamped background again. Then when I started to place the rest of the photos, etc. on my page I decided to just fill a fourth choosing a different fourth option than what I had done for MOC.
    [​IMG]

trekmom, crazycat1126 and cfile like this.
  4. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I definitely need help. I tried to do the 3D challenge before but I just couldn't do it.

Off and on I have been working on it and I finally succeeded. I was happy to see your challenge and was looking forward to making a layout.

I created the layout, but every time I try to upload it, I get the too big error message. I have tried numerous sizes but I still get the message. The last size I tried was 600 px at 96 resolution and I still get the message.

I am hoping for a step by step tutorial. I would really appreciate it.

cfile likes this.
  5. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I chose MOC9 Challenge 24: Color wheel / Complementary Colors. I think the tree paper breaks the rules, but it was too cute!
    [​IMG]

Lor and cfile like this.
  6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I chose to do January 6 Torn Title again as I wanted to try for two tears. I took this photo on a lovely morning and used the three colors of the clouds in the title. So much fun.
    [​IMG]

Mingo08, trekmom and cfile like this.
  7. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Decided to do the Hue challenge once again - loved it and my page needed a companion :)

Random Hue.jpg

trekmom and cfile like this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Hi Pam,
    What program are you using? If you are using PS you can try a few things. One being going to the top layer in your psd file and holding down ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+E on a PC (OPT+CMMD+SHIFT+E on a MAC) that will make a merged layer of all the items below and place it at the top of your layer stack.

Then right click on that layer (that merged layer) and select duplicate.. that will bring up the box and choose new. that will duplicate that layer into a new workspace.

Try and resave for web at the 600X600 72 dpi there.

You can also try this free Save for Web Action by Cheryl of Fiddle Dee Dee Designs or this one by Paislee Press

Try those and let me know how that works or if we need to try something else.

9. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I was just not happy with the outcome of Day 1, but offcourse I want the picture in my photo-album, so this is my redo:
    [​IMG]

this was the original:
    [​IMG]

10. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

I chose option 2. I loved all the challenges this year but I chose to redo the simple template challenge. First time around I kept it really clean and simple so this time I tried to fill it a little more and use some patterns, while still keeping the whole of the original template:
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I see in post 24 you figured it out but now were having trouble uploading as file too big. Please see post 28 and let me know if that solved your upload issue. I hope so, Pam :)

bestcee likes this.
  12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I am re-doing the first MOC challenge, the Blind Scrap

My original:
    [​IMG]

and my re-do
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  13. Jennie M

Jennie M Active Member

I wasn't able to do the MOC this year, so I chose the 1/19 challenge of making a stamped background. I turned some of the flair in the kit into brushes in order to make the background.
    [​IMG]

14. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

@pbrooks I had a lot of trouble with that challenge as well. For my first try, I used the eraser tool to get the paper cut out. I got the job done but didn't like it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=cut...e&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_fScYYL-ZBvCGwbkPsYOsuA011
    I swear to you, I had to watch and rewatch this video a dozen times. I had gotten the idea of the first layer but not additional layers. I kept trying. Today, instead of trying to keep adding layers on the same page, I made a new page and kept the bottom and top layer as the same paper. After that following his instructions, I deleted the bottom layer and my cut out had a blank background and I copied it and pasted it onto the original page. Watch the video and practice.

15. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

MOC Day 30 Do you love meow take 2.jpg
    This is the page that I have remade. I had a lot of trouble with the layers and the shadowing. I felt like I did the job but it was a tad chaotic looking. I watched this darned video more time than I care to admit. Stopping and going into my Photo-shop elements 13 and doing. I also wrote it down as I did it. I got the first layer to work but not so much the second layer. I decided to try starting over with a new page, I duplicated the same paper and after making that cut out, deleted the first paper layer to reveal a blank background to put over the first layer in my original page and merging it, then copying it and pasting it on the original page. Did that even make any sense? Anyway, I was able to get the depth and the shadowing wit less chaos and mess. I'm happier with this page.
    Darned video that I watched: https://www.google.com/search?q=cut...e&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_fScYYL-ZBvCGwbkPsYOsuA011
    February Challenge RE-do a page Do You Love Meow aka Catlandia.jpg

wvsandy and Mingo08 like this.
  16. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I did another "Just the Highlights" layout from January 29.

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  17. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

The Day 14: Filled Challenge. I'm a clean and simple girl at heart and this one always gives me trouble, LOL. I tried limiting my products a little and used a fabulous template by Scrapping with Liz. Thanks for the great challenge!

Original:
    [​IMG]

Remake:
    [​IMG]

Mingo08, bonnenuit and cfile like this.
  18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

[​IMG]

I chose to do stamped background #19 again

cfile likes this.
  19. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I did another page for challenge #24 - complimentary colors.. I love the challenge of limiting myself to a narrow color palette.. sometimes.. :giggle

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  20. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I love clean & simple style and did a redo of day 15

[​IMG]

my page from MOC

[​IMG]

cfile, cinna and wvsandy like this.