Mixed Media Monthly

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by littlekiwi, Feb 1, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’ve always been interested in picking up some of these collections because of the themes but I am not typically someone that does a whole lot of art journaling (though I do love me some paint!). Are there any more simple art journalers who have used M3 collections who are willing to show me what they’ve created? I don’t want to buy collections for them to sit on my hard drive unused.

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

3. littlekiwi

I think I’m going to start with this kit since I can use it for a lot of different pages I do. I’m sure I’ll get a tonne of use out of it I think but I’m still nervous about buying it as AJ isn’t really me

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Go ahead and expand your horizons Jennifer :) The first MOC is when I got introduced to Art Journaling. I did not think it was me either and THEN... LOL doing a few of the challenges with the guidance of @AnneofAlamo and of @Dalis and well that was it :) The fun in blending and paints plus journaling feelings etc is a lot of fun! Try it you will love it!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

My very happy scrappy place is Clean & Simple (with a bit of paint and stitching for good measure) hence the hesitation.....I know I could just dive in but......

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Join us at the AJ challenges. We have 4 challenges every month, we start back up this month. Do 1, do all 4! We have from really simple, to really "chunky", from lighthearted to deep into your soul players. You just do what you feel comfortable with. I am so excited to see you over there!

cfile and Angela Toucan like this.
  7. Dalis

no butts! LOL!!!! Or you could include them if you want to, I am not judging and neither are any of the other gals. That's the beauty of it.

cfile and Angela Toucan like this.
  8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

art journaling is having fun with your art supplies. It can be experimenting with new colours, new techniques, new textures, or just playing a with a kit to see what happens. It's creating a page without worrying about the story you are going to tell, or the need to get these holiday photos scrapped. It's expressing yourself, or focusing on a quote that inspires you. Art journaling is anything you want to do with art (or in this case, digital scrapbooking supplies).
    Sometimes art journaling has a direction, other times it just happens with no planning at all. There are no right or wrong ways to art journal. They can be heavy mixed media, or clean and simple - anything goes.
    I have some pages that are minimal and others that are very much pile it all on the page.

BevG, Dalis, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I frequently use a more minimal approach to art journaling. Really anything goes here. It just a way to express yourself in more than just a memory keeping way. It’s a feeling. All styles can do it!

Dalis, Angela Toucan and littlekiwi like this.
  10. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hi Jennifer,

I had a little look at your gallery and tried to find you some layouts from my team that take advantage of white space but also use the artsy papers and minimal embellishments. Maybe they might inspire you :)

I have more examples of simpler layouts using my Add-Ons but it looks like you were just looking at the Main Kits for now, let me know if I can be of any help! :beat

rj-m3dec-annsofie.jpg

rj-m3-sept.jpg

Personal-Truth.jpg

m3-january-annsofie.jpg

50495606396_1731ce74d5_o.jpg

Gaelle-2020-11-21-M3-november.jpg

11. littlekiwi

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  12. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

I just created this one myself for my designer challenge
    [​IMG]

Mrsdudds, mcurtt, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Jennifer, I would say "go for it". I've been subscribing to M3 since August 2015, and I've picked up a few bits & pieces even before that. While many of my art journal pages are not clean and simple, I'm sharing a few for you that I would consider more minimalistic. :-)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dalis and Angela Toucan like this.
  14. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hi Ms. Jennifer. The M3 kits are versatile. And one of the great things about them, even minimalist pages can look arty. The M3 kits are huge...there is a lot of product in them. So, you can create many, many unique layouts with just one kit. Also, the main kits typically come with a template--having a guide might help you get out of the uncomfortable zone.

For what its worth, I do recommend trying the Art Journal Style...because it is so open and free, no rules, using this style is a great way to learn through experimentation.

This one was created with the August 2020 Music Speaks main collection.
    z_MoodyMix.jpg

This one was with the Jan 2021 When Nobody Is Watching main kit.

z_IAmWhoIAm_600.jpg

This was made with the April 2019 Thrive Earth Nature.
    z_.jpg

I did not use many elements on any of these. Background papers (and Rachel's papers) come highly textured!!!

mcurtt, Dalis and Angela Toucan like this.
  15. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

I show you few layouts i made with M3 :-) for the MOC ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (the title is not a 3m product)

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan, mcurtt and Dalis like this.
  16. Dalis

Can I say I am in awe at the support you are bringing to this thread?

Angela Toucan, littlekiwi and mcurtt like this.
  17. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I support what the others have said. I actually find that the M3 kits are really versatile.
    Here’s an MOC page using M3/art journaling type product
    [​IMG]

and then this is an art journal card with the same kits
    [​IMG]

I didn’t consider myself the art journaling type but I’ve actually grown to really love it as a creative outlet - it’s a great way to scrap out your mood or emotions

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

19. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

O.K!!!!!!!!!! Everything Here Is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!...M3 Collections! Are The Best! & Yes! They Are So Versatile!...I Use Them For Everything!...I Buy As Much As I Can!...I Have Oodles! & Am Always Adding!...Even The Older Collections!...I Still Use Them Too!...

*Here's A White-Spacey One I Created For MOC9 For The Color Wheel Challenge : M3 July 2020 :This Is Me :

[​IMG]

*I Created This One With The M3 Music Speaks : August 2020 : It May Not Be White-Spacey : But Perhaps An Example Of A Large Photo With Just A Few Elements :

[​IMG]

*This One:Similar Idea : Large Photo With A Bunch Of The Same Elements : Butterflies : I Used M3 July 2020 : Who Am I? :

[​IMG]

*Hope This Helps!...It's Just So Much Fun! To Have Fun! & Experiment!...There Is No Wrong Way!...Just Your Own Way!!!...

CaroB71 likes this.
  20. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

This sums it up perfectly!