tater tot day | pad patter 2.2.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 2, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

it's national tater tot day and that got me thinking about tater tots and french fries... YUM!

[​IMG]

My hubby loves tater tots, but I love french fries, so we get both and share.

How about you... what's your favorite, tater tots or french fries?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Have never had tater tots but I’m a sucker for good French fries

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

steers-featured.jpg
    French fries all the way.
    We call them chips, as opposed to crisps which are the snack like lays.
    Slap chips are the bendy ones that you get with fish, they are chunkier and less refined than the french fries which are more like McDonalds. With tomato sauce please (ketchup), tator tots isn't a thing this side of the pond.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Here Down Under - we call Tater Tot : Potato Gems [​IMG]
    and I like those but I also like french fries.
    But now I own an Air fryer I only cook healthy fries/chips.... using just a sprinkle of oil and they still taste great.

keepscrappin and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I like sweet potato fries and make them frequently now that we have an air fryer. Fries are a breeze with it.
    I made tater tot casserole for the grandkids thinking they would like that Midwestern comfort food staples. Alas, they were underwhelmed.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love Tater Tots! I love sweet potato fries too, Carol! Sounds good in the air fryer.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I’m an equal opportunity fried potato lover :lol You have me curious, how did you know it was tater tot day?

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love them both, but haven't had any good tater tots in a long time. The kiddo doesn't like them so we usually opt for fries. The school has them at lunch sometimes, but they are "school lunch tater tots" and have usually sat in a bag and get kind of soggy :/. Now I'm going to have to add them to my grocery list!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I LOVE tater tots. It makes me feel like a child to say that, but I don't care. :giggle I always get them when we go to Sonic. I also love sweet potato tater tots. So yummy!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

My kids love tater crowns and I prefer cooking them because regular tater tots seem to always break apart when I flip them over. (Maybe that is also why they prefer the crowns. LOL)

[​IMG]

I'm not a big fan of anything fried -- when I cook regular crinkle-cut fries at home, I use the air fryer -- but if I had to choose, I'd go with steak or sweet potato fries over tater tots and tater tots over any other fries.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Ohhhhhhh IMG_0411.jpg
    Our local restaurant Hoof and Hound makes waffle Sweet Potato fries that are out of this world!!
    Gotta admit- grew up with Tater Tots but they faded away in my adult life. Recently due to our GC's have started to get them again. They are great for breakfast in place of hash browns!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

Shhh... don’t tell anyone! :giggle
    When I’m stuck for a pad patter idea I google holidays today to find a fun holiday to talk about. Some days have better ones than others. National today.com and checkiday.com are my most visited.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

oh yes, I remember now that the other side of the pond calls them chips. I was surprised one time when I ordered fish and chips and got fish and French fries. :giggle

StefanieS likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

Wish I had an air fryer... that way sounds yummy.

15. keepscrappin

my son loves tater tot casserole but we make it differently. I bake the tots separately and add them to the top and melt the cheese so the tots are crispy all around and not soggy on the bottom.

Iowan likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

Yep tater tots are a school lunch staple..., but yuck to soggy ones.

17. keepscrappin

oh I forgot about sonic having them. We always get tater tots at Taco Time, but they call them Mexi-fries.

18. keepscrappin

my family will eat the crowns if the store is out of the regular tater tots. I wish I had an air fryer, and hubby and I are thinking about getting one, but baking them in the oven works ok for us now.

19. keepscrappin

Yes, we love tater tots in place of hash browns too. So glad to hear your GCs are around more now so you “have to" get tater tots for them. :agree I can’t wait to become a grandma and I "have to" make treats for my grandkids... maybe someday. :pigout

20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Love, love, love tater tots. Love, love, love french fries. What can I say, I love most fried potatoes except anything made from a sweet potato.

I used to have a small oil fryer that I would use to fry both french fries and tater tots but it was such a nuisance using the oil. And, even though I would scrub it after changing out the oil, there was an oil buildup so I stopped using it. I would bet I got rid of it in the great purge.

I do have an air fryer and have looked into how to fix some of these frozen foods that I love when I can start eating crispy and crunchy food again. Until then, I just dream...