What comes first?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Lisa Carroll, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Do you buy a kit because you love it or because you have pictures that match the kit perfectly?

2. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I am a sucker for impulse buying, so if I find a kit that I love I buy it, and I rarely have a idea for a layout to go with it. Which means I also don't scrap with it right away. :giggle I have a folder for new kits and they all go in there till the inspiration strikes, which doesn't happen as often as I like because there are so many beauties coming out of the pad. :heartslub I think I am going to start challenging myself to scrap with at least one of the "new kits" each month.

3. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

I am like you. If I like a kit I just grab it. Even if I have no idea what I can use it for. But I don't buy kit very often, so when I do I usually scrap with them pretty quick. Because if I do buy a kit it's because I am in LOVE with it and can't wait to use it. I have a ton in my wishlists though ;)

4. eryn

eryn gross no longer

I buy what I love! Which is lots! So I have a LOT of unused kits just waiting for inspiration to strike!

5. Dana

Dana Dana

this - exactly! although i'm not just waiting for inspiration, LOL, i'm waiting for some extra time :) hahahaha!

6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I buy the kit, and hope I have something to match it!

7. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

I do both, but almost always find something that matches. :yesss

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i am in the impulse buyer category as well!! (seems we could start a support group here :giggle) i have 6 GB of unused kits sitting on my desktop. nice.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely in the impulse buyer category as well. I know what kits I like so if I see a good one that I know I will use eventually, I'll buy it and tuck it away for later use. I rarely go shopping for something to match pictures that I just took and want to scrap because I have my store of unused kits on my EHD! :) The one time I do go shopping for certain LOs that I want to make is when I go on my weekend scrapbooking retreats. I look at my picture folder and figure out what I want to work on and then I have a mini shopping spree. :)

10. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i buy the kit then never use it ha ha but since cting here and at a5 and a few temlate places i never buy anymore cause i have more than enough in these places

11. eclecticscraps

eclecticscraps New Member

My scrapping budget is pretty sad (actually, my budget for everything is pretty sad! LOL ), so I have to really, really, really LOVE something, it has to be on sale, and I have to have pictures to use for a kit before I will buy it. Fortunately, my CTs keep me busy enough these days that I don't feel quite as sorry for myself as I used to. :yesss

12. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

i impulse buy but sometimes i just have to have something if i know i have the exact photo for a kit/element pack. sometimes i buy things just because the preview sure is pretty!

13. I buy it because i love it :) that said I bet 99.9% of the stuff I've bought I haven't used :( I am too busy working with ct stuff to scrap anything i've actually bought lol

14. oh and usually I am done a layout before i even attempt looking for a picture haha so i never ever ever have a picture in mind for anything.

15. Gabi

Gabi Kate's best friend :)

Lately I buy mostly word arts, templates or brushes and try to use them with the stuff I already have. Sometimes it's good to dig deeply into the old stuff and be nicely surprised to find some treasures there :)
    But I think I have never bought a kit because I had photo for it, I try to find photos to the stuff I have.

16. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I have been on a spending freeze for the last year+ due to dh being unemployed. I currently only scrap when I have a CT deadline anyway though, so I'm surviving. :imok :giggle

In the past, I have occasionally purchased small items (alpha, stitching, etc.) to complete a specific layout, but mainly I would Kaboodle what I like and buy those items on sale, or impulse buy during sales. I have a huge stash of wonderful things I bought that I haven't used. It's a nice collection to keep my HD warm and cozy. :compcoffee

I don't recall ever having purchased a kit specifically for certain photos. I have, however taken photos a couple of times specifically to match a kit. :photo :agree

17. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I buy what I like and hope to eventually use it all someday :)

18. coco

coco coco

i do both but when i really really love a kit (that`s quiet often) i buy it even if i don`t have an idea what to scrap with it...

i have also tons of kits on my HD i bought and didn`t scrapped