January 2 - Why I Scrap

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by HeatherB, Jan 2, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

263 words
    [​IMG]

For as long as I could remember, I was always a memory keeper. I remember going to Springfield, Illinois for our 8th grade field trip and taking pictures there with my 110 camera. After the photos were developed, I put them in one of those sticky photo albums and wrote little captions by each photo. I suppose that’s when I started scrapping.

I always loved photography & scrapping is a great way to creatively display those photos. I love the whole process. I love the planning that goes into it. I love being able to go through my stash and find the perfect element for a layout. I love being able to create something beautiful. It is a creative outlet for me. I scrap to remember but I also scrap to forget. My job is very stressful and scrapping helps me decompress. Although if you ask my husband, he will tell you I don’t look really relaxed when PSE crashes.

I can look at my finished page and remember that moment the photo was taken, what we were doing. It’s a little snapshot of an experience frozen in time that I can relive again and again. I feel like scrapping makes my photos come to life. I remember the happy times and the not so happy times too. It can be cathartic.

I scrap for me. My husband enjoys my layouts too, but doesn’t get why photo spots are so small on templates or the point of art journaling. But he supports my hobby so I guess I scrap for the both us.

HeatherB likes this.
  2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

3. MsCarolina

MsCarolina Well-Known Member

Here is my layout:
    [​IMG]

Word count: 320 words

HeatherB likes this.
  4. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

Uhoh...almost forgot to post my page here.
    332 words, full journaling in the gallery.
    [​IMG]

HeatherB likes this.