Is a Polly Spot on your wish list?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by mrs2a50, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

looking forward to seeing you around more this year.

Dalis and G.J. like this.
  2. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

:goldstars:wubb:heartslub

Dalis and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Being a Polly would be a dream come true. I so loved the guest spot that I won after MOC7. But I'm not sure that I have the time. Having a full time job might not be so compatible, but I would sure give it a try.
    But, I have to admit that in this community are, probably, many other girls more worthy than me, so, whoever wins this spot will be a very lucky person. Good luck!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  4. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Definitely on my wish list. I'm pretty new to this, but love these challenges, love the community feel here at TLP and my only regret for MOC is that I didn't have time to comment on ALLLLLLLLLLL the crazy amazing LOs.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Karen, RJMJ and SeattleSheri like this.
  5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm too overwhelmed with life right now to be thinking about another CT. But I did enjoy the challenges this month. Hoping to get my mo-jo back again.

jk703, jesskab and Dalis like this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am so glad you enjoyed our challenges, I hope you stay and play with us next month with our regular challenges, they are fun too!

djp332 likes this.
  7. Dalis

Agreed, I may be "borrowing" ideas here and there from your pages. LOL!!!!

jesskab likes this.
  8. Dalis

You know house league is were a lot of the fun happens!

[​IMG]

SeattleSheri likes this.
  9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

When I saw you used the girl shape for Amanda's challenge, I knew I could do something with the boy shape. Inspiration girl!

Dalis likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

To all the amazingly crazy talented scrapbook artist out there dreaming of a Polly spot, keep in mind that for some of us (like me) it took YEARS (8 for me) to win a Polly spot. Sometimes, it is not about "you" so to speak, or what you create or how you create....sometimes it is persistence and waiting in line for your turn. I am incredibly blessed to be a noob Polly...please, ladies, trust me, do not doubt yourself, do not give up. And Good Luck!!!

jaye, Ferdy, Karen and 7 others like this.
  11. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would say it is on my wish list - a dream list maybe, and I think would be so great...but I'm new to the challenges and posting much here & still have so much more to learn and to grow. I have seen so many amazing ladies though and can't wait to see who it is!

Karen and HeatherB like this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

13. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

I love challenges, I love learning new technics and the gift certificate, to be honest and considering the currency exchange now, is most welcome. It took me two years to muster the courage to participate in (at?) the MOC, now I really enjoy it (and dread the journaling challenges). I'd love to become a Polly even for a month. I was at a store CT some years ago and I recently CT for Kim Jensen (Yeah!), I don't feel very confident with the tutorial writing an challenge hosting since English is not my first language (that's the reason I don't participate much at the forum). But creating LOs for the very talented designers and spreading some love on the galery, count me on.

Karen likes this.
  14. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I can't believe that you are not a Polly as I had always thought you were :cornfused

As for me I am not interested in a Polly spot. I have other creative goals this year in Photography and Art Quilting and as for scrapping I have 3 travel albums to complete and 3 project life books to finalise. I love MOC which really is a wonderful start to the year for kickstarting creativity. Good luck to all wishing for the position.

katell, Karen and Frumpje like this.
  15. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Of course we'd all love to be a polly, but I agree that @Saar has been phenomenal this MOC - she commented on every single one of my layouts plus her pages were so inspiring and gorgeous, I hope she is considered!!!

16. extase

extase Well-Known Member

Really if i wasn't myself a designer, i'm sure i would adore to become a Polly as i especially love the store design style and that TLP was always a dream (as a scrapper or a designer). But i'm sure i wouldn't have time to fill requirements in the way the spot deserves it.
    But...(there is always a BUT :p ) before i saw this post, i've just send a personnal thank you to @Saar because during this year's Moc she was like a sunshine commenting my layouts with each time a sweet word (as last year i had @cfile in my loving list). So i just had to mention it (i saw this post because i searched for her profile to see her layouts and was sure she was already a polly).
    so...lol i forgot, i was her media page and she deserves it :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    cfile likes this.
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I was so thrilled to get the guest spot in 2019 - I was over the moon!! I can't even imagine being chosen to be a Polly - There are SO MANY great scrappers here that I don't know how they possibly pick between anyone!! I've been coming here for inspiration for years!! I love the atmosphere and the friendships - and there doesn't seem to be any rivalries! No backbiting or anything in the back rooms either. That was one thing I noticed and one thing that made me want to be a Polly here more. It's like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! We're all different, and bring different things to the table, yet we all fit!! LOL

Frumpje likes this.
  18. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

That is so true! Its one of the reasons I kept coming back to TLP too...such a diversity of layouts and inviting atmosphere.

19. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

When I registered I didn't think I was going to finish MOC9 because of a late start and the children being home from school. But I did it! I had so much fun with the challenges and really got to stretch my creativity. And yes, I would love to win a Polly spot.

Karen likes this.
  20. alinalove

alinalove Well-Known Member

I would actually love to be a polly for the scrapping part. I'm not a good community member though. Forums really tend to overwhelm me. :D

Frumpje and Karen like this.