I dodged a bullet

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by bonnenuit, Jan 31, 2021.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Thursday afternoon my computer stopped working sometime just after uploading that day's layout and the rest of the layouts I was getting caught up on. My husband saw that somehow all the files on computer had been compressed so Thursday until late Saturday night my computer was uncompressing. I was able to open my Artisan program and do the layouts for days 29 & 30 but I couldn't save them outside of the software. Today my husband spent all afternoon finally uninstalling some software for doing backups on my laptop that was the source of the disaster. I've been fretting since Thursday that I wasn't going to be able to finish MOC when it was just outside of my grasp! Huge sigh of relief when I got the last three challenges posted just now.

bestcee, CaroB71, EHStudios and 3 others like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

OH phew! That sounds like a nightmare! Especially so close to the end! I'm glad he was able to find the culprit and fix it for you and that you could finish!

bonnenuit likes this.
  3. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

Yikes - that would be so stressful when so close to the end especially. So glad your husband was able to get things working again for you!

bonnenuit likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I would of been so stressed! You have a great husband!

bonnenuit likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Yikes! That's so scary... glad your hubby got you back up and running and you were able to finish MOC.

bonnenuit likes this.
  6. PaperWings

PaperWings Well-Known Member

It used to be said "It's good to have a doctor in the family and be friendly with the judge". Now the saying should add: "It's good to have a doctor and a tech savvy person in the family..."

bonnenuit likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Whew, that’s the last thing I would have wanted to deal with during MOC.

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Couldn’t agree more