subtitled | Pad patter 29 Jan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Ok, hijacking the thread for a second. LOVE your siggy. what alpha/font did you use for your name?

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I watch movies/series with subtitles. I’ve streamed some good European thrillers with English subtitles. I think my hubs doesn’t like subtitles b/c he doesn’t watch the screen enough (always is looking at ipad at the same time) so can’t follow along properly.

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My daughter prefers closed captioning when we watch "our" show at night since I have to keep it a little low since we are right next to her sleeping brother's bedroom. I otherwise don't use closed captioning.

I would prefer subtitles vs. dubbing since their mouths moving differently than the English words drives me bananas but I had to get used to it when I watched "Hjem til Jul" on Netflix the last two Decembers.

4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

My captions are on 27/7... since I'm Deaf and dont have the best hearing... without captions I'd have to make up my own stories..(which sometimes is fun..)...

5. Dalis

My daughter watches a Japanese show that she has no clue what they are saying, she doesn't put the captions so I guess she is making her own story! LOL!!!!

G.J. and dotcomkari like this.
  6. dotcomkari

Me and eric watched a movie on netflix once that wasnt captioned and was in a foriegn foreign language... we just made up the whole movie.. was one of the most rememberable date nights

G.J. likes this.
  7. Dalis

ok, that is hilarious!

G.J. and dotcomkari like this.
  8. dotcomkari

My favorite moment from that movie was when this lady was making this face and eric said "sorry just another rotten egg fart..shouldn't have ate those pickled eggs and kimchee for lunch ".. than the couple goes on to make love.. and my response for the man was.."ohhh baby what a turn on..

Amson likes this.
  9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My son's girlfriend hand wrote it for me. So I am afraid it's an original. but I loved it.

Dalis likes this.
  10. Dalis

It's amazing!

StefanieS likes this.
  11. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I usually have subtitles on because my husband doesn't like to be disturbed meanwhile he is reading, so practically tv is mute but subtitles on, lol.
    I agree with you Rae, there's good European thrillers with English subtitles, I used to watch a norwegian tv show that was pretty interesting.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  12. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I use them if I don't understand the foreign language but when I do it drives me absolutely crazy if the translation is bad. My daughter loves Chinese movies but I am always interrupting and giving my much better translation which probably drives everyone else crazy. :furious