January 31: Scrap from your Heart

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jan 31, 2021.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

This was a beautiful end to this Month of Challenges. I think this is my favorite challenge of all.

[​IMG]

threadjungle likes this.
  2. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

Thank you so much for this wonderful last challenge :beat:heartlub:beat

[​IMG]

3. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I look back at these photos and my heart is filled with happiness and a longing to return. This trip was huge for me, I saved for a year, travelled, and drove by myself in a foreign country. I learned I can do great things on my own ♥
    [​IMG]

slfam and threadjungle like this.
  4. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

So many things that are encompassed in the quote and these photos. Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

5. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thank you for this wonderful challenge. I had been struggling to scrap this (my parents' burial) for the longest time, but nothing ever felt right. This morning, with this challenge, it finally came together. And I'm a bit of mess, what with all the beautifully sad and poignant pages here, and now my own sad page too.

[​IMG]

7. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Dear Julie, I am a doubter at heart, I am also a fact checker when in doubt, the quote didn't sit right with Dr. Seuss, whose works I am very very familiar with, so a quick look up and down the internet and I located it as a misattributed quote, as he would have been but a teen at the time of its first publication, an actual quote is thought to belong to the pen of a French writer Georges Duhamel from his work The Heart's Domain... and it has different translations into English from original French... and it goes
    "We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory." So in the spirit of the challenge (and you can see the source for my information https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dr._Seuss, the orange part is for misattributed quotes)

I understand I could do exactly what you ask (and I will if you insist, this is THE last challenge, and I would like to finish all) and then be a pedant in my spare time and put the correct quote or a different one that is of the similar meaning but not made up :) or "Dr.Seuss's" quote but without his name mentioned anywhere on the page that I plan to keep... but it seems to me that it would go exactly the wrong way with the Spirit of the Challenge which is Scrap from the heart?! Right?! Please, advise

8. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

@mrs2a50 I feel like I need to ask the Naming Fairy who has been away for a while to change my little phrase to "Pedant in my spare time"... ;)

9. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

my grandson born at 27 weeks at 1 lb 6 oz. He is now 15 lbs at 10 months. the April pic is at around 31 weeks and he ways probably in the 2-3 lb range.
    [​IMG]

10. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member

11. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

12. jenmaddocks

jenmaddocks Well-Known Member

13. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

14. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Julie, I'm very sorry about your losses. Your layout is heartfelt and beautiful. Thank you for this challenge.
    [​IMG]

15. rdutch

rdutch Well-Known Member

16. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

This is a picture of Cleopatra (the orange & white one), one of the kittens that was born in our shed from a stray we had been taking care of. She was so cute, curious, and loveable. My husband and Cleo were two peas in a pod! Unfortunately, she was hit and killed on Christmas Eve. She never went near the road, so we still don't know why she had wondered that far from the house. It was so very sad. We buried her under a tree in our yard. It was a tough day, and making this page was not easy. We miss her shenanigans.

[​IMG]

I can't believe MOC is over!! I'm sad it's over & happy that I've completed another year!

17. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Here's my page. It's incomplete because I'm unable to complete it right now. Maybe some year I'll be able write the accompanying journaling, but right now I can't. At least it's a start.

[​IMG]

19. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

Januari is always a month of reflection for me, I feel thankful to close this years MOC with this page.
    Thank you Julie for this challenge

[​IMG]

20. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this challenge. I was able to do a complimentary page to go with my journaling from day 11. I love the quote. It's been a wonderful MOC.
    [​IMG]