Is a Polly Spot on your wish list?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by mrs2a50, Jan 27, 2021.

1. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

What I really love in this thread is how kind everyone is by nominating others & recognizing other's love for this community!!! It makes me so happy that this is my scrapping home.

Dalis and dotcomkari like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

It had been for a couple of years, but not anymore...
    01.jpg

That being said, there are some members that I'd nominate: @Ferdy @Eyeore @dotcomkari and @sharonb will be amazing as Pollys!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks so much ladies, you bless my heart with your sweet words and kindness.

keepscrappin, Dalis, G.J. and 2 others like this.
  4. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

You guys are killing me with all this "I'm not talented enough" stuff! Don't you know how amazing each scrapper here is? I am in constant awe of the creativity running rampant here at The 'Pad. Being a Polly isn't about being perfect. It's about sharing the love we have for our scrap home. It's the support we give each other. It's bringing the best out of our designers & the designers bringing the best out of us. It's the best Scrap Family around, it's home.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh thank you Cindy!! being mentioned by you, a scrapper that I admire a lot, that makes my heart full of love!

Karen, jesskab and cinderella like this.
  6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I would love to be a poLLy. That has been my wish for years and years. I love all the designers here and over the years have gotten to know many of them from helping with their social media. I have also gotten to know several of members of the community including @Ga_L who Pokémon’s with me all the way in France and I loved meeting Cynthia aka @MrsPeel and her daughter Sarita. My husband sends his love Cynthia. This past year has been a blur. So much craziness with the pandemic. Hoping things slow down soon.

@Ga_L would be an awesome poLLy love her clean style!!!

Nemla, Karen and Ferdy like this.
  7. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Is a Polly spot on your wish list?

No, not at all.

Would I like to be a Polly? Yes, of course! But I know I'm not nearly creative enough, not even close, and that's okay...

(I'm not cut out for the competitive ranks: I'm strictly 'house league'!...)

Frumpje likes this.
  8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

There are so many awesome picks! @Ferdy would be an AWESOME addition as a TLP Polly. And, if I missed @mcurtt reply here, my appologies, but I think she would be awesome too! So many of my fellow Captivating Sistas would be great as Pollys (don't kill me Rachel) but @ajm and @jaye need a shout out too!

Karen, Ferdy, Saar and 1 other person like this.
  9. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Please add me to the "I would LOVE to be a Polly" list. I love The Lilypad, it is my home away....oh wait, it is my home inside my home! I use your designers exclusively (unless it is a collab with an outside designer). I try and create each and every page I make to artistically document my families stories and photos. I love learning new techniques and have enjoyed completing almost all challenges and MOCs for the last 4 or 5 years (I don't do it for the coupons or money but it is a nice perk).

I have retired early to help with my daughter's family while she was battling brain cancer (she is doing great and her cancer has not been in evidence for 2 years now). I have plenty of time on my hands to create, inspire, organize and encourage as I don't see myself returning to the workforce anytime soon!

I have been on several CT teams and have hosted my share of challenges, Dawn Inskip, Soco (currently a guest CT), Kate Hadfield (when she was here), Bella Gypsy, Pink Reptile Designs and Kim Jensen (currently on her team). I would love to support you in any way you need.

Thank you so much for this possible opportunity, I know your choice will be a difficult one as there are many great candidates to choose from.

keepscrappin, jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  10. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

I would also vote for @Saar - Sarah has been so kind during MOC.
    I love the Lilypad for the incredibly welcoming and warm community - better than anywhere else on the web!

I have loved this month - and every month with challenges. It helps me stay creative AND get my pics scrapped!
    A guest Polly would be pretty cool too :-)

Karen likes this.
  11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Oh and I would like to add that @mcurtt would be a fabulous polly

Nemla, dotcomkari and Karen like this.
  12. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

I second @ajm She is amazing! I would love to see her as a Polly as well.

13. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I totally agree!
    Creating pretty pages is just one side of being a Polly.
    We all make beautiful pages, because we use quality kits from the best designers in the industry.
    The Pollywogs do an outstanding job within the community, with their heartfelt comments, their inspiring challenges and their awesome tutorials.
    And that's not something anyone can do. At least I know I can't.

(@jesskab, I was inspired by your challenge and highlighted some of my journaling! :giggle :beat)

14. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

It is so on my wishlist, BUT I know I'm probably not active enough in the galleries....though I try to be. I've won a guest spot 1 time and had a blast, I really loved it. So.... I'll just keep dreaming ::pray

Karen likes this.
  15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Being a polly has been on my dream list since I made TLP my digi home (sometime before MOC3). I let that dream simmer a bit with some work/life challenges, but as I enter into this new world of retirement and grandparenthood I see new light. For sure, this decision behind the scenes of picking the new addition to the team will be just once more MOC challenge for the awesome team here!

There was a CT call back in 2014, a bunch of us cheered each other on and made layouts. This was mine.

[​IMG]

Frumpje and Skivvy like this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

There Are So Many Kind! & Talented People Here At The Lilypad!...The Lilypad Has Been My Home For Many Years Now!...This Was The First Forum That Embraced My Rather Unique Style! & Me!...I Love! It Here!...But Have A Hard Time Getting Onto CT's Here!...I Have Been Trying For Over 2 Years Now!...I Am On 2 CT's At Another Forum!...& Guesting For Another In February!...It's Kinda Funny!...I Always Thought The Lilypad Would Be My First CT Spot!...But It Just Hasn't Happened For Me!...I Have Always Dreamed Of Being A Polly!...I Love! Everyone Here! & How Helpful! & Creative! Everyone Is!...But I Know That This Is Just A Dream For Me!...There Are So Many People Here With More CT Experience! & Seemingly Endless Opportunities Have Come Their Way!...So That's Why I Know It Probably Won't Be Me!...But I Try To Be Kind To Everyone!...Leave Comments! In The Gallery!...& I Always Join In All The Games! & Such!...And Always Give Everything My Very Best!...And Try To Support Others! With Kindness! & Positivity!...I'm Not Sure What The Requirements Here Are For Getting Onto CT's...But It Eludes Me Even After These Many Years Being Here!...I Do Have My Own Style! But I Do Scrap All Styles!...So I'm A Realist!...I Know I Lack This Experience To Be A Serious Consideration For This Spot!...And I Don't Think Anyone Would Think I'm A Serious Contender Either!...But It Is A Dream Of Mine!...Now That 2020! Is In The Books!...And Now Having Moved To Our New Place!...I Am In A Better Place!...I Have Learned So Much Here! & I Feel Like I Have Grown Too!...Eventhough No One Would Think Of Me As Wanting To Be A Polly!...I Am Open To All Opportunities That May Come My Way!...Like My Guest CT! Spot In February Even If It Is In Another Forum!...I Feel Blessed To Be A Scrapper! & Be In This Amazing! Community!...But Have Had To Branch Out To Other Forums & Opportunities! To Get The CT Work I Am Looking For!...And In That I Have Learned! So Much! & Grown Too!...So I Will Throw My Proverbial Hat Into The Ring For A Polly Spot!...Knowing Full Well That Someone Else Is Gonna Snag! It!...Someone With More Experience!...Good Luck! Everyone!...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

I would love to be a Polly! This dream came true in2013, when I won a polly spot for one month. It was an amazing month ! I love the atmosphere, the exchange taht exists between polly, the creativity ...
    I participated to the MOC to challenge, to discover new techniques, new designers. I love this community where fun and creativity are the only things counts. If I won a polly spot, it will be extra bonus !

Skivvy and Ga_L like this.
  18. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

I dream of a Polly Spot :yippee Love the ambiance here, on Lilypad...as @Ga_L said It would be great to have a French Polly here....no? ;-)

19. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I would love to be a polly! I think it would be right up my alley...creating pages, leaving encouragement, helping out anyway I can. Good luck and happiness to whomever is chosen though!!

Skivvy likes this.
  20. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Being a Polly isn't on my wish list but if it's on @Eyeore and @Saar lists, so I would vote for both of them, at the same time I thank for ALL the nice comments, both did on my layouts. Also I thank @Angela Toucan for being the sweetest girl I have met on this site, and in case that being a Polly is in her wish list I'll cast my vote (if possible) also for her.
    Thank you so much for putting all of this together, I have enjoyed every single challenge and minute, definitely I'm gonna try to cover more challenges than the last year, and be more active on this site, that has become pretty dear in my heart.

Karen and Angela Toucan like this.