January 31: Scrap from your Heart

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jan 31, 2021.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We are memory keepers. No matter why you scrap, you are preserving a memory. Even if you scrap simply as a creative outlet, you're still documenting who you were in that moment in time. What you felt, what you thought. It gets saved in your pages. When I look back at my pages over the years, I can relive events and emotions though them.

And sometimes when I think back on the past, I realize I have no physical documentation of certain events, because at the time, I had no idea of their importance.

“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss

For the last day of MOC Nine, I challenge you to create a page using the above quote from Dr. Seuss. Don't rush this page; read the quote, and then read it again. Think about what this quote means to you. How it makes you feel, how it might affect the way you view things in the future. And then scrap about it. You can have additional journaling, or not. You can have photos or do a photoless page. You can scrap in whatever style moves you when you think about that quote. But scrap this last page with meaning and emotions. From your heart.

My page is below. I had a different idea in my head when I started this page. I wanted to focus on the photo and the quote, with a simple page, and journaling to explain how life is fleeting, and we should savor the little things. But the photo ripped at my heart the moment I opened it up, because I still miss my girls horribly. So instead of journaling, I just started adding layers and shadows, letting my emotions pour out onto the page as I added more and more elements.

[​IMG]

To recap:
    1. Scrap a page that reflects your feelings when you see the quote, “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
    2. Your page MUST contain the quote.
    3. You can have photos, or do a photoless page
    4. You can journal, but you do not have to

In addition to the individual rules for this challenge, please follow our overall guidelines:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Savor all the moments and memories, big or small ...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

This post reserved for challenge clarifications

*It has been pointed out that the quote used has been misattributed to Dr. Seuss. If anyone wants to leave his name off the page, that's fine. But the quote as written in the original post should be a part of your layout.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    zinzilah likes this.
  3. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Can’t wait I know exactly what I want to do! Back in the am.

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

As it is late afternoon Sunday here for me in Australia, I did not need to do too much thinking about this challenge because what I have scrapped about is something dear to my heart because of a cherished friendship formed because of in a sense "a moment".
    Thank you Julie for this challenge.

[​IMG]

5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!!!!! I have a few ideas, but I'm going to sleep on it.

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I created this layout with mixed emotions. The photo is joyful, but since Brian's death it is also a reminder of his absence which brings with it grief. Thank you for the challenge.

[​IMG]

Karen, DivaMom96, AlyciaIN and 8 others like this.
  7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Thank you for the beautiful and fun challenge! What a precious way to end MOC.

When we go on walks/hike or just go to places we never visited before, I like to take a moment to stand still and look around. I try to capture the moment and the beautiful surroundings in my mind because when we continue our walk, the moment and the sight is gone.
    That is what the quote means to me and that is why I chose to scrap this photo of a beautiful sunrise I experienced together with my boyfriend.

[​IMG]

rrred68, AlyciaIN, flowersgal and 7 others like this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

From the heart-my journaling

Peggy never made waves nor inconvenienced anyone; she always wanted everybody to be happy. She was a giver, never a taker. At the end of her two week, jam-packed, fun-filled visit to Seattle, we went to Alki beach to enjoy fish and chips and watch the beach scene. She hinted that riding the bicycle surrey could be fun. Oh, yeah, tourist silliness; I ignored her. She mentioned it again, what, she actually wants to do this?! So off we went in the rented surrey with the fringe on top. Picture 3 geriatrics belting out songs from Oklahoma while peddling along the beach. Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry..... It was such a joyful hour. Peggy went home the next day and the day after, she had a massive brain hemorrhage from which she never recovered. We may not have Peggy, except in our hearts, but we will always have the memory of our beautiful ride along Alki Beach in that shiny little surrey with the fringe on top.

[​IMG]

10. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

New
    These two quotes together just got me in the feels. My history of lost memory, with the first quote is bittersweet, with the second, tears my heart in two. Loved the page, and I had to let you know the emotions it invoked with me

11. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Ooh, this was certainly a tear jerker to create.
    lovely challenge to end on though. Appreciate the nudge to get it told.

AlyciaIN and flowersgal like this.
  13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Thanks for this challenge. This photo is from the last summer before I divorced after almost 21 years of marriage. I wasn't going for this page because I was looking for a happy moment and in some way it is a happy moment too because life changed after this. We are still a family but a different kind of family. Life took an other path though.
    [​IMG]

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

a memory of when I was still at work ... after a busy working week at school it feels good to go out into nature and clear my head ...

[​IMG]

Teri, AlyciaIN, Saar and 5 others like this.
  15. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I'm sad to see MOC9 come to an end. I have so enjoyed the challenges this year and have learned a lot. Thank you so much. Here is my layout.

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN, Saar and flowersgal like this.
  16. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge !

[​IMG]

AlyciaIN, Saar and flowersgal like this.
  17. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

19. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

This was a nice challenge to start the Sunday.
    Then I took the picture because of the contrast in the moment. Completely drenched from cycling home in the rain carrying her first completed big pottery project. Looking at it now I realise how much of an achievement this was. Brings proud tears to my eyes.
    [​IMG]

AlyciaIN, flowersgal and Nemla like this.
  20. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Thank you for another great year!
    [​IMG]