How do you organize your Lilypad products?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by pbrooks, Jan 28, 2021.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Instead of an X, I add a z- so it will always sort last. Well except for Kristin Aagard who has kit names that start with Z. For her I use zz-

pbrooks and StefanieS like this.
  2. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

Such great ideas, thank you so much! So awesome of you take the time to write such detailed answers.

I will be replying to all of you.

Love the idea of having a designer folder in my TLP folder. That will make it so much easier to look for the items that I want.

I also like the idea of downloading files to a folder with the date and after using them, putting the kits where they belong.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    bestcee likes this.
  3. pbrooks

I really like these ideas. They will really help me. I especially like the designer folder. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

bestcee likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I keep everything on my EHD except when I first download.

I have it by TLP>Designer
    Photos are also on my EHD by Year>Month

pbrooks likes this.
  5. pbrooks

Putting X on designer folders when they leave or kit is retired is genius! I finished a layout and when I was looking in the store, I realized that the kit was retired. Ugh!

I am usually a one kit scrapper, too.

StefanieS and DivaMom96 like this.
  6. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have changed my organization so much that I don't now where anything is anymore. LOL I subscribed to The Digi Files for a long time, during a time when I wasn't scrapbooking, and I have many unused and unzipped kits from all over. I decided a year ago to give up trying to organize/us them.

In the past, I stored on an EHD, but I'm trying to get my kits to a more manageable quantity and the new ones are on my hard drive, shared to One Drive.

That said, my Lilypad kits are in two directories; one called The Lilypad and one called Lilypad MOC. The first one has directories with designer names, and in there are directories for individual kits. The second one has two directories labeled "2018" and "2019", as well as directories for all of the kits and templates I used for this year's MOC. When it is over, I will create a folder "2021" and move everything (except for 2018 and 2019) into it. This way I know what I've verified in the store for this year. If I use a past kit, I'll drag it out of it's directory and it will get included in the current one. Kits no longer in the store are moved to the other Lilypad directory.

I don't post pages anymore (except for MOC), so credits don't matter. I am in the process of rearranging my supplies by year acquired and used, rather than by store. I only started this system last year, and it will be a few years before any of those are old enough for me to review, but I think that will be more valuable for me in the long run, by being able to quickly clear out old kits that I'm not going to go back to.

pbrooks likes this.
  7. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I'm checking out BackBlaze right now!

I also use ACDsee. All my supplies are in a folder called "LilyPad," then filed by designer.
    Screenshot 2021-01-29 121649.png

I also have a separate folder called "New Product Downloads" where I keep new additions until they are added to ACDsee.
    Screenshot 2021-01-29 121743.png

I tag everything in ACDsee - so, Templates are 1 Photo, 2 Photos, 4+ Photos, Artsy, Pocket Page, etc. I don't know what I'd do without ACDsee - I have so much stuff, I'd never find anything without it!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    bestcee and pbrooks like this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I am also a one kit scrapper but have combined kits from a designer on occasion. Organizing by designer makes this extremely easy. There are 2 kits from Kristin Aagard that I have combined several times because they complement each other so well.

bestcee and pbrooks like this.
  9. pbrooks

I need to utilize my EHD more. So silly that I didn't think of this but I haven't been organizing my photos my year and month. I am definitely going to sort my kits and elements by TLP and Designer. Scrapping will be so much easier. Thank you!

bestcee likes this.
  10. pbrooks

I like the idea of organizing folders by old kits and new kits. Thanks for your tips!

11. pbrooks

I am going to definitely file by store and designer and New Product Downloads. Thank you so much for replying. Great ideas!

bestcee likes this.
  12. pbrooks

I am definitely going to have designer folders inside my TLP folder. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas.

bestcee likes this.
  13. pbrooks

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I am going to start storing my supplies on an EHD and make folders with TLP and the designer's name.

14. pbrooks

Great ideas! I am going to start filing by store, designer and kit. I don't know why I didn't think of that!

15. pbrooks

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I like your idea of organizing by store, designer and kit. I am going to start working on that today.

rach3975 likes this.
  16. pbrooks

Thanks for sharing your organization ideas! I am going to start tagging with my Mac, it will make it so much easier to find flowers, frames, etc.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  17. pbrooks

Great idea to change the name of an element to a more useful name. I am going to start doing that. Thank you!

bestcee likes this.
  18. pbrooks

Thank you so much for sharing. I am going to start filing by store, designer, to scrap and retired designers/kits.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  19. pbrooks

Great ideas, thank you! Love the idea of adding descriptive words to a kit and filing by store and designer.

20. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I have a folder entitled Digital and in there are folders by stores (like TLP) and some folders are just individual designers.

pbrooks likes this.