What does Google know? | Pad Patter 1.24

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 24, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yeah, I'm a weirdo, too I guess. I figure the ads are going to be there for the most part anyway, so might as well be something I might want to see. And mine gets my zipcode wrong most of the time as well!
    I turned off a bunch, too. I thought about clearing them all off and starting over to see what happened lol

KimJ likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Totally had that happen!!

Karen likes this.
  3. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm like you. As soon as Fitbit sent that email I downloaded my data and deleted my account. Luckily my tracker was old enough that I'd already been planning to replace it this spring, so I just did it a little early. No more Fitbit devices for me. Even with privacy settings on, I'm sure Google knows way more about me than I'm comfortable with. They don't get my health data, too!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Mine is pretty accurate with a few exceptions. I just turned it off, which I didn't even know what an option, so thank you for posting this!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I never thought about downloading the data. I'm doing that now, then I'll delete my account. I'll also send an email to them telling the reason why I'm stopping use, but I'm sure it won't do any good. I was using it for reasons that I don't need anymore, so I'm fine with it!

rach3975 likes this.
  6. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Nothing on mine. I must have turned it off. Would prefer this anyway.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Once you download the data, just make sure you can access it before deleting. I kept getting error messages when I tried to import the "all in one" data into excel. I ended up having to go month by month using the tool above the "entire account" downloader. I had about 30 months of data, but it went surprisingly quickly.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou for the fun @IntenseMagic
    Mine was varied because of all the times I look up woodworking things for my husband.
    The one thing they got wrong was... Parental status: Not a Parent

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Like Katie @sakura-panda said, I think they're just guessing and also I barely notice ads so I don't really care.
    Out of about 150 things on my list, I estimate only ⅔ are things I'm really interested in.

What they got right: 45-54 years old, female, computers (duh, I'm using it every day), photographic & digital arts, . . .

Things they got wrong and it seems like they're basing on one or two searches: dogs, several TV categories (I don't watch TV), . . .

I don't even know how they came up with: extreme sports, rap & hip-hop, vehicle shopping, Windows OS (I've been Apple since 2011) . . .

Ones that made me laugh: search engines, . . .

Ok, tired of this. I have two MOC pages to make!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Interesting. Mine was all over the place. I think maybe because my kids use my computer sometimes. Apparently it thinks I like biking?!? Every biking or cycling category. I am a runner...not a biker. There were a few categories that were very accurate but I turned off at least half of them.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I stay as far away from Google as I can get. Google knows way too much!!!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Yup. Looks like anything that anyone has looked up with my computer (which is everyone in my family), so there was a lot of stuff. I didn't bother turning it off because I figure they'll track me every time I use Google anyway.
    Thanks for the info, it was fun to see.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

well that was eye opening, i didn't know they tracked some things live 'green living and environmental issues' but i'm surprised by how many car things i just had to turn off including a Nissan specific one, never owned or looked at Nissan AFAIK and ones like Bollywood movies and Indie/Alternative music... makes me wonder who's been using my computer!

IntenseMagic likes this.