January 23 - Interview About The Past

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bcgal00, Jan 23, 2021.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

January 23: Interview About The Past

Welcome to MOC 9! I'm excited to be hosting the January 23rd JOURNAL challenge.

INTERVIEW ABOUT THE PAST

Have you ever noticed that your memories of a time or event are dissimilar or even completely different than those of someone else? That is what today's challenge is all about. You will need to "interview" someone. Ask questions pertaining to a past time/event (at least 5 years ago). Your layout must include the journaling of the questions and their answers, along with your own observations about that time/event.

You may interview anyone you like, maybe a family member, a friend, one your children, etc. Have them write their answers down or talk to you as you take notes.

The rules for today's challenge are simple:
    • Interview someone about a past time/event that occurred 5 or more years ago. On your page, include the questions, the interviewee's answers and your own answers.
    • Journaling must be 250 words or more. Here is a word counter to copy and paste your journaling into to get an accurate word count. https://wordcounter.net/
    Challenge Clarification:
    1. Interview someone, create a page that includes both questions and answers (from both interviewer and interviewee) and journaling must be a minimum of 250 words.
    2. Photos are optional.
    Further clarification since this is a journaling challenge:

Your journaling should be in complete sentences to qualify as complete. Word art will not qualify toward your word count. You cannot use the same word over and over. You cannot use the same sentence over and over again. Journaling challenges are meant for telling stories; if your journaling is sensitive or personal, please message me or Julie (mrs2a50) directly to discuss.

Your journaling should be legible and readable. If your page is not in English, we ask that you translate your journaling to English and post the translation in your gallery credits. If your journaling has been distressed or your font is too small to read, you should post your journaling in your gallery credits. Again, if your journaling is sensitive and/or personal, please message me or Julie directly to discuss.

Here's my sample page. I interviewed my youngest daughter about Xmas.

[​IMG]

Standard MOC rules apply:
    1. Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    2. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    3. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    4. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.

Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

G.J., crazsquaw, umyesh and 2 others like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Have any questions about this challenge? I'll answer them in this post.
    @Mumma848 The interview with your grandad would work well. You'll be creatng a new layout for this so that complies with the rules.

@Angela Toucan As many questions as you like but must meet the word count of 250+.

@littlekiwi Yes, must be someone else but the exception would be if you "interviewed" a pet, allowing you to assume what they would say.

@bjthomas The true spirit of the challenge is to get the two perspectives but I am flexible on the journaling as long as there is an interviewer and interviewee and the word count is 250+. Again, as stated above, I am allowing pet interviews too.

@meagan43 More than one person interviewed is ok to do.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks for posting early.
    I need someone to wake up now so I can pepper them with questions.

4. Mumma848

Mumma848 Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Does it have to be recently asked questions? I interviewed my Grandad for a school project many many years ago. Its just written on paper questions and answers. Id love to scrap it to record. My grandad passed a few years ago so theres no way to re-ask him any questions. But it would be awesome to record properly!!

bcgal00 likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

are there a minimum number of questions?

bcgal00 likes this.
  6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Really fun challenge, we parent discuss this memory often and we can't get over how different the "truth" is.
    276 words.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m guessing “someone” needs to be someone other than yourself? I have an idea but afraid it might not count.

bcgal00 likes this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine, Thank you for the challenge , it was nice to think back ( 40 plus years lol) Funny though, we went to a City, and the most we remember is Nature... go figure.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 and Firstoscartgrouch like this.
  9. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

thank you for the very interesting challenge - i use 309 words and hope that google translated it all correctly.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  10. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Oh this is a lot of fun. Thank you for the challenge.
    I wanted to do the interview about our prince who became king some years ago. But Ward (my boyfriend) didn't want to answer questions about that. So I asked, about what he did wanted to be interviewed about and he said Christmas Eve.

I have:
    312 words in Dutch
    364 words in English

The translation is in the credits.

[​IMG]

bcgal00, threadjungle and knclark like this.
  11. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Thank you for the fun challenge. My journaling is in Dutch, google translation in credits.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 and threadjungle like this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I have 444 words.

NBK-Design, cfile and bcgal00 like this.
  13. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I loved this challenge. Over 500 words.

[​IMG]

bcgal00 likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... too funny Stephanie! LOL!!!

bcgal00 likes this.
  15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

[​IMG]
    456 words in English

bcgal00 and AlannaH like this.
  16. CindyB

CindyB Proud to be a Hoofer!

This is an amazing challenge...I was just talking to my sister the other day about my pages and how they're MY recollection of things. This is the perfect opportunity to interview her and get her point of view. Thanks @bcgal00

bcgal00 likes this.
  17. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

thank you for the challnge, Rae
    441 words

[​IMG]

bcgal00 and Karen like this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

861 words DH = dear Hubby & DW = dear Wife (me)
    [​IMG]
    TFL!

bcgal00, Saar and threadjungle like this.
  19. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

20. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I interviewed my husband, Jim. We both had so many words that it would take several pages but here we limited it to 405 words.
    [​IMG]

bcgal00 and Saar like this.