January 19: Create a Stamped Background

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by lcpereyra, Jan 19, 2021.

1. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

@lcpereyra as I looked through my stamp stash today, the stamps in my background just jumped out and continued to inspire me. My page is a celebration of this young lady and her accomplishments - not a political statement. To be a person who is so gifted, poised, and articulate, I just had to capture this for my daughter's memories. I can replace/redo this page if there are issues. I have appropriately attributed and only used an excerpt from her poem. Photo was taken by screenshot using my phone and a replay of the address on YouTube. And, I was so inspired that I've pre-purchased her two volumes of poetry that will be released in September.
    This was such a fun technique to explore and practice - I definitely see using this more in the future. Thank you for this challenge.

[​IMG]

Smileark and lcpereyra like this.
  2. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

As previously stated... I was going to find a challenge where I could use some of the photos I took in my yard for the Mirror challenge....

So I did have fun with this... I don't mind spending time if I learn something... Most brushes come as png files also and normally that is what I use,... but I was not getting the background paper to show through like I wanted it to... except for the font letters... They were perfect... so I loaded the brushes for the back ground and stamped with a brush!!! got the lovely transparent feel I was looking for.. Hope this works for you... Technically they were called stamps...

Thanks for a fun challenge... This is always what I am expecting from MOC... learning something new.

[​IMG]

3. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

4. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, this isn't my usual style. Usually I would have a much more subtle, blended background, but I really wanted to push myself and be in keeping with the challenge. I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out, so thank you for the challenge and for pushing me out of my scrap comfort zone:

[​IMG]

angels likes this.
  5. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

couldn't stop on just one image or one layer of stamping, so here is mine, thanks for a lovely technique hint, will use it again.
    [​IMG]

6. Coady

Coady Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge - I didn't know how I was going to celebrate this moment but I loved the idea of doing the stamped background!
    [​IMG]

7. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

9. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

10. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  11. angiekey

angiekey Permanent residence in the gutter

Oooooh, this was fun! My mom has been a Stampin' Up demonstrator for nearly 20 years now, and we loooooooove stamping! I decided to go with a slightly more complicated background design - it still meets your requirements for what qualifies as a stamp, as it's flat and one-dimensional - since I figure I "stamped" the holly and the Christmas lights using a "two-step" process of stamping the outline in black, and then stamping the colored inner portions on top of it. Love me some two-step stamping! Anyway, thank you for this challenge. I wouldn't have ever taken the time to create background paper like this, but it wound up being oh-so-perfect for these two photos, and I'm thoroughly amused with myself.

[​IMG]

angels and rrred68 like this.
  12. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

13. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

14. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

This was a fun one! I tried to make sure that my stamped background took up at least 50% of my page :) The stamp is "BRRR" from the Winter Wishes collab.
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  15. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

16. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

17. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

This took some brainstorming but once I got that sorted I was happy stamping away... I wouldn't have ben able to get this filled look with real stamps - but hey, that's what digital is for. Thanks for a really challenging challenge.

Jan 19 Stamps.jpg

angels likes this.
  18. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Found This To Definitely Be A Challenge!...I Used A Stamped-Month-WA By Paula Kesselring To Create My Background!..Hopefully This Is What You Were Thinking!...It Looks Like Stamped Letters To Me...But I Digress...It Has Been Record Breaking-ly Cold Here The Last Few Days!...-24 Today!...Brrr!...So My Layout Is About The Beauty Of Winter Mixed With The Idea Of How Cold It Really Is!...Getting A Photo Like This One!...Requires The Ice To Freeze On The Tree Branches!...Meaning Temps Below Zero!...BRR!...

*For My The Mixed Bag Of Winter Layout:I Used:

*Wintertime-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-March 2019-Stamped Months-Paula Kesselring

*The Title Work:Baby It's Cold Outside:Created By Me:Font:NimbusSan TConBold Regular

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    angels likes this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Here's my stamped background!
    [​IMG]

angels likes this.
  20. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member