Popcorn day | pad patter 1.19.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jan 19, 2021.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@littlekiwi I can't imagine! Popcorn is a staple in our home. Now I think I'll go to the Farmer's Market this weekend & get fresh kettle corn.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Popcorn is a staple at our house. I don't think hubby could go a week without eating it. Even when he was doing his diet he had me get the skinny pop brand for him to have a little treat.

3. keepscrappin

I miss the kettle corn vendors/fund raisers that used to sell it outside of Sam's Club. They would give you a little sample and then you're a goner... you're addicted and must buy a bag! :giggle

jesskab likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do this! Every night about 30 minutes after my kid is in bed. Popcorn Time!

Memaw2Wm and G.J. like this.
  5. bestcee

Yep! It is.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. bestcee

My whirly pop makes kettle corn too.
    :-)

@gonewiththewind
    TLP.jpg

(School Project, don't ask) But doesn't it look so tempting!?!?

7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

We love popcorn in our house

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

When I was little (around 6 years old) I had a babysitter who couldn't have popcorn because of her braces. When I found that out, I decided I didn't like popcorn. I still don't like it to this day, even though I'm pretty sure I liked it before that. Isn't it weird how the mind works?

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  9. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I LOOOOOVE popcorn, unfortunately our grocery store has been out lately. I did however find 8 LBS (yes, 8 lbs) of Orville Redenbacher's popcorn on Amazon. I ordered it Sunday, received on Monday, just in time for today. LOL! 5 times as much for only about twice the price of a regular jar. I am so excited. :) Little things make my day.

10. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I used to eat tons of popcorn but now it makes me sick if I eat too much. I have to be very careful. But my favorites is popcorn from the movie theatre - nothing comes close to it - no extra butter though.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

You're missing out... it's soooo YUMMY! :giggle

12. keepscrappin

I love it when a great deal comes along and I can snag it up... enjoy! :agree

13. keepscrappin

no extra butter.... oh noooo! i love, love, LOVE the butter!

Donitab likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I make popcorn that has no butter or oil. It sounds weird but I like the flavour, kind of a blander kettle corn flavour. I pop corn in microwave in a bag, then spritz with tamari sauce and sprinkle fine sea salt and finely ground nutritional yeast flakes.

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm not a huge popcorn fan.

I do like caramel corn though!

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I love popcorn and it is my standard Sunday night dinner. I share but it is for me, as I don't cook Sunday nights and people are on their own. I pop it on the stove in a saucepan with oil. I don't like it buttered but do use Molly Butter on it.

This summer we had some store bought bagged popcorn that was very yummy - cooked in coconut oil with pink Himalayan salt. Oh my! We have been making our own this way now. So good. Reminds us of kettle corn but not quite as sweet.

Now finding good kernels to pop has been a challenge. I miss the really big bags I used to buy from Kroger (I have scrapped several pages on that sad story). Those wimpy jars of the store brand are tough tasting. Based on good reviews, I now get Snappy brand from Amazon. It comes in a jar that holds 4 pounds. Yummy!

Oh my!!! Oh my -- I don't know how I missed this but Snappy popcorn is also packaged for use in movie theater machines, including 50 pound bags. Wow. Not that I am buying that much, but it is very good popcorn.

p.s. Popcorn is my most favorite food ever.

17. keepscrappin

wow! You really know your popcorn

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh rats! I missed it. :giggle Although I can pretty much guarantee that someone in our house had popcorn that day. We all like it and go through an unreasonable amount of microwave popcorn. My oldest has it almost every day.

I used to have that whirlpop popper for the stovetop, but I hated cleaning it, so I didn't use it if we had microwave popcorn in the house. And it took up precious space in my pan drawer under the oven, so I finally got rid of it. My mom had an older pan for stovetop popcorn that was SO much better and I wish I had one like it. It was a regular pan, and the lid had a wire that went down into the pan to stir the popcorn and you just had to spin the lid. It was so much easier to clean, but you had to watch for the steam coming out and remember to use a potholder. :giggle

I found a picture!
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

yes to easier cleaning! We had a movie theater type popcorn popper, but it was so hard to clean that we got rid of it. Instead sometimes we melt some butter in the microwave and add it to our microwave popcorn.

Karen likes this.
  20. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I think my mom used an 8" frying pan b/c it was easy to clean and shallow enough that shaking/sliding it across the burner kept the kernels from burning. She would have to pop multiple batches though when making it for us girls.

HavaDrPepper and keepscrappin like this.