January 20: Photography Challenge | Through a lens of possibility

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Nope! *gasp* I'm so mean!!!! grrrrrr..

Does the photo have to be NEW?

YES- The entire point of this challenge is to make you think specifically about the photos you take and hopefully inspire you to try something new. If you just happened to have a photo from 3 years ago that fits this challenge...AWESOME, I'd love to see it!....BUT NO...It WILL NOT work for this challenge. This challenge is not due today...you still have 10 days left in the month, so no need to rush into taking a photo just for the sake of taking a photo TODAY. I did 2 bonus LEAP chats this month...the first one on Jan 3 and the other on Jan 11. There is even a thread in the learning pad this month dedicated to this subject. I'm also hosting a technique scrap tonight for this challenge. So...we've been talking about this for the whole month. I have a list of people who attended the chats and I am prepared for their photos to be NEW *since Jan 3*....but other than that, the photo should be taken AFTER your read the challenge....it's not a challenge that you can just look through your stash and find one that fits. The rest of the LO is 100% up to you! This is a PHOTO challenge. I am being really picky about this because it is a photo specific challenge...but it's always good to remember that these are "challenges" and all for fun......so enjoy and feel free to pick out some choice words for my nickname

bellbird likes this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I live in Alamogordo!!

elseepe likes this.
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh I liked trying this out. It makes my picture look "cold". I shot through the hole in my cup.

[​IMG]

katell, bellbird and AlyciaIN like this.
  4. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks for the technique tips! And the challenge!
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe, bellbird and AlyciaIN like this.
  6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I had to check, it was actually the Mercury Space Capsule and it was back in 1998 -- before digital photos for me

7. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

8. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Looking through my blinds

[​IMG]

crazycat1126 and AlyciaIN like this.
  10. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

This was a challenging challenge! It made me think, but I enjoyed it a lot.
    [​IMG]

mnjenlittle likes this.
  11. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I put my phone on timer and stuck it in my dryer to get the picture.

[​IMG]

12. bumblebeee

bumblebeee Well-Known Member

This was harder than it should have been. Sadie tried her best to make be fail!
    [​IMG]

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Super fun!! I took mine through the Blue Blocker glasses I bought because of so much online teaching this year :)
    [​IMG]

Karen, katell, mnjenlittle and 3 others like this.
  14. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I shot the top photo of a statue of two wolves by positioning my camera on the opposite side of a glass cruet and shooting thru the opening created by the handle and the body of the cruet. I thought it created a hazy, blurry border around the photo, almost like a vignette.
    [​IMG]

15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

They say "there's no such thing as a stupid question," but I'm afraid I'm about to ask a stupid question...LOL! I took a photo (today! it's NEW!) of some spare change in a Mason jar. So if the subject is the change/the coins, and the object is a glass Mason jar, then I guess I have shot a subject through an object? But then I'm looking at the photo and thinking, But is the subject actually the spare change jar tout court? in which case, I haven't really shot it through another object. Does that make sense?

I also took some photos of the view outside my house through a window, so I don't need to use the photo of the spare change in a Mason jar for this challenge. But I kind of like the Mason jar photo, though I don't want to do up a layout with that photo, and then learn that I've got it all wrong.

(Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. We're on another 28-day lockdown here, and it's 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside...January winter conditions plus covid restrictions represent a month of challenges that is not nearly as fun as the MOC!)

16. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

If you can see the mason jar (even just the rim) is between the camera and the coins, then it totally counts! If you shot it from the side and the subject is the jar itself, then it still counts, as you are showing that you do indeed have coins in the coin jar.

"just the rim" hahahahhahaha That's what she said!!! man I crack myself up

17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I did level 3 primarily, setting the timer on my phone and putting my it inside the dishwasher, but notice in the big photo I also kind of shot through the glass of my large measuring cup. I'd never tried this kind of thing before. It was fun!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  18. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i shot this with a rainbow prism over my lens . I had gotten it on amazon and have been looking forward to using it . maybe will do some more with it cause it is fun what it creates

[​IMG]

FarrahJobling likes this.
  19. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Here is mine! I took the photo through my window this morning before I had seen the challenge - so it was meant to be!

[​IMG]

bjc likes this.
  20. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

This was fun! All day I kept thinking about how I look through my glasses lenses. I love the way this turned out!
    [​IMG]

bjc likes this.