Resolution | Pad Patter 1.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 17, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Did you make a New Year's resolution this year?

[​IMG]

Evidently, today is the day that most people ditch them :giggle So, if you did make one, have you ditched it yet? Now's your chance! Or are you still going strong? I didn't make one to ditch, but I do need refocus a bit on the goals I set for myself!

EminePala_Art and rach3975 like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't even remember the last time I did make a resolution for the new year. Not even sure if I ever have!

3. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Nope, no resolutions for me.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don’t really have any firm resolutions as such....this year I decided to set quarterly goals instead as I felt that was more achievable for me and kept me on track better.

IntenseMagic and AJK like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't make new year resolutions but I do start new photography and scrapbooking projects and those are still going well! :D

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

Same here. I was trying to remember if I ever had, and I don't think so.

michelepixels likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Yes, this is more of what I try to do.

8. IntenseMagic

I think I've tried to set photography goals for the last few years...I really need to work on that!

michelepixels likes this.
  9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't make resolutions but I do pick a word for the year and tie goals to it.

This year's word is hearten.

10. IntenseMagic

Oh, I love that word!! That's a great one!!

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I don't pick a word nor do I make resolutions after many years of disappointing myself. :overreact

I tend to do much better using my planner and setting weekly goals for myself. It's so nice to be able to mark things off my list! :goldstars

Although this year, so far my goal has been to rest as much as I can. I am now 9 days out from the end of my radiation treatment and true to what I was told, I have terrible burns, peeling, and blisters that are super uncomfortable. :firey It's one time when I'm so appreciative that I take pain medication for my back because it's at least helping with the pain.

So I take at least one nap per day. I think that's a great goal. :giggle:hammock:giggle

12. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I don't set resolutions as I never stick to them. I have set myself goals to read more, which is going well so far about to start book 4 of the year. I find being in lockdown and working from home I am spending to much time just sat in front of a computer and then the television during the evening. So I have set myself a goal to spend less time off technology, read more, exercise more and start to eat healthy again.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I set resolutions as they come up. For example, I resolved to walk 20 minutes a day starting November 1. (Broken almost immediately, of course, but is a nice incentive/reminder when I'm looking for an excuse to skip on a day that there is no reason to not do it.)

I bought a special 2021 planner to help me goal set, but have not printed it out because I have not been using my 2020/2021 planner since November, when the kids' school shut down. It's a different sort of planner, with 3/4 of the pages devoted to goal-setting and accountability, but I dread having to print, punch, and assemble it. I didn't expect that to be a show stopper; maybe deep down I don't want to face the accountability. LOL

All that to say, no, I did not make any resolutions this year.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Like @sakura-panda - I like to make resolutions as they come up.

For instance just about 2 weeks ago I started practicing a song on the piano that I'm going to perform for our homeschool group. We are studying Debussy and so I pulled out Clair De Lune (I knew it way back in 1995!). It was a goal to practice it for 20 minutes a day. I've been able to stick to that goal and now I'm falling in love with the piano again and am going to try and keep it up even after I play it for our group...I'm going to pull out some old songs I used to know. I did not intentionally set out to make that a resolution for 2021 but it has turned into one of my goals for 2021.

IntenseMagic and Amson like this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Clair De Lune was a favorite of my mom. I think it was played at her wedding. I attempted to learn it when I took piano lessons but it wasn't my best. Now my piano teacher was awesome at it and she would play it for Mom once in awhile since she was my mom's aunt!

16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I set some goals for the first quarter and so far so good. I find it easiest if I only have one or two new things to focus on adding to my plans - rather than trying to do a bunch of things at once.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't make any resolutions either, because I never keep them. I always had the usual "going to lost weight", "going to exercise", etc.

I'm just trying (not a resolution) to enjoy life!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Only one - to not make any.

IntenseMagic and HavaDrPepper like this.
  19. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Oh yeah I did, but if I don't carry through, I don't lose sleep.
    so here you go:
    Read completely through the Bible
    Exercise 4 times a week
    Do 2 kind things a month ( deliberately look for something kind to do)
    Send out one card a week.

Oh - now I'm tired just thinking about it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

So glad you are done with the radiation treatment, but so sorry that you have to deal with the burns and blisters. Much love to you!! Glad the pain meds are helping.
    Also, I love the nap a day goal!! I do that on weekends. I like to schedule it in haha.

Reading is on my list of goals as well. It's just finding the time. And I totally get the time off technology. Having to do remote teaching taught me that I have to shut it off sometimes.

I do have a goal to walk more as well. I'm starting that today haha. My son does an academic competition thing and I have a couple of hours to kill waiting for him to finish, so that's how I plan to spend it.
    I tried to do a printable planner one year as well and I totally lost motivation to plan, punch, and assemble, so I totally get it!!

How wonderful that you are falling in love with the piano again. I've always wished I could play. I've tried and I just cannot get my hands to do different things at the same time lol.

Yes to this. I do much better with just one or two things to focus on at a time!!

Same. And yes, to enjoying life! Whatever goals make that possible!

Best one yet!

you made me tired, too haha. I really love the kind things and sending out cards...those are great goals!!

gonewiththewind and QuiltyMom like this.