January 13: In a Mirror

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by tkradtke, Jan 13, 2021.

1. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

3. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

This is the layout documenting my adventures with the mirror challenge. Fun challenge in ways more than one that took me out of my comfort zone and on a great little adventure of my own. Thanks for the idea.

Full credits and the journaling in the gallery.

Jan 13 Photography.jpg

4. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

My page, on the little bit of snow I saw through the mirror. Yes I know, pathetic to get excited about a little bit of snow that is gone by morning. Cabin fever due to Covid lockdown...

[​IMG]

rach3975 likes this.
  5. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

6. spcoggs

spcoggs Well-Known Member

7. Meg

Meg There's no place like home

8. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thank you for this fun challenge. I will definitely be looking for mirror photo opps now!

[​IMG]

9. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

[​IMG]

I stepped out on a frozen lake with a pocket mirror to get these pictures. :)

10. Enid

Enid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge
    [​IMG]

11. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenger... a very creative idea!!
    This is looking thru a mirror in our dining room... you can see the gold frame on the right side of the photo!
    Around-this-Table-web.jpg

12. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

14. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I was finally able to get some photos today!! I almost always start and end work when it's dark on the weekdays, so it's hard to get photos in natural light (which is always my preference). I tried SOOOO hard to get my kids to cooperate holding various mirrors, but it was a no-go, so I'm stuck with selfies ;) Anyway, thanks for the fun challenge!!

[​IMG]

rach3975 and crazycat1126 like this.
  15. breeoxd

breeoxd Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This was a great challenge. I've never done this before, but had a lot of fun. Took about 10 minutes and I loved it.

16. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

My pictures are the cutest, but I'm happy with how my layout turned out and that I was able to document today.

[​IMG]

17. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

The Day this challenge arrived, I was so deeply behind I just couldn't even think about learning something new, as intriguing as it was... So I made a quick tour of the house and realized I had an amazing reflection in my hall mirror! Good enough I took a quick shot at that point in time... Realizing it was actually going to work I took a 2nd shot the next day and quickly put together this page...then left it sit.. for me , everything has to post in order... So a couple of days later I was feeling more on top of things and proceeded to read everything you posted, including all the links... hard because you actually have to think about what you are looking at and focussing is hard for me... but by then I was totally into it so the next morning I did what so many others did not have the latitude to do... I went out in the bright sunshine in my beautiful yard and spent at least an hour... trying to get some good shots... as everyone has learned, the angle seen from the side of the mirror is not what you see looking head on and holding the phone at arms length and not dropping it and managing to push the shutter were all challenges, many have mentioned... That said, I had a ball and have a folder full of images, that hopefully I will be able to use for another challenge here... Because when I came back to this page I realized I liked it very much and had spent a lot of time on it... So this is my original page... hard to really follow what all one is looking at, since everything is flipped in the mirror. What surprised me the most was the window to my right reflected in the mirror over the fireplace on my left... Pretty cool! thank you so much for such a fun challenge...

[​IMG]
    This mirror is in my hallway to the bedrooms, the wall it is mounted on is at a bit of an angle leading to the computer room on the right... To the left is the living room with a mirror over the fireplace... What you see in the mirror over the fireplace is actually a window with things hanging in the light, that is in the computer room totally on my right!. The Patio door is actually to the left of the fireplace and leads out to the backyard... there is a bookcase on that wall that faces the backyard... all of this is behind me towards the left side, not straight ahead as the image would infer... A very confusing scene...

18. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Super fun challenge - thanks! I have some older In the Mirror photos - off to scrap those!
    [​IMG]

19. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

This was so much fun and so much harder than I thought it would be. Really wanted an outside shot and I took a ton but they just didn't come out as well as this one done inside. Some day I need to do a page of my mirror fails!

[​IMG]